Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrill View Post
    vee41, do you want to be on the list? And good points, we will have to focus on these aspects, especially in early stages. Later on we can start working on cooperation and combining our abilities and play styles.
    Absolutely, I love being listed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    As a guardian I can bring quite a few utilities to the field. My staff has a short duration swiftness field and the always wonderful line of warding and the second set can quickly be switched between a more offense focused set and one focused on boons and healing.

On the utility side I'd have to retrait a bit as I think my spirit weapons won't be that useful. The retreat shout gives a solid 20+s of boost + protection and the stand your ground shout gives stability and (more importantly) cancels stuns for a quick get away. Also I could use the stability giving consecration + insta consecration trait. And of course there's the always lovely bubble.

On the elite site I have tome of wrath and tome of courage, both equally useful but very much depending on the situation.

Of course, if we have enough people giving swiftness and removing conditions I can stick with my burn/spirit weapon built and be an utter nuisance and dedicated mage killer.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    As a guardian I can bring quite a few utilities to the field. My staff has a short duration swiftness field and the always wonderful line of warding and the second set can quickly be switched between a more offense focused set and one focused on boons and healing.

On the utility side I'd have to retrait a bit as I think my spirit weapons won't be that useful. The retreat shout gives a solid 20+s of boost + protection and the stand your ground shout gives stability and (more importantly) cancels stuns for a quick get away. Also I could use the stability giving consecration + insta consecration trait. And of course there's the always lovely bubble.

On the elite site I have tome of wrath and tome of courage, both equally useful but very much depending on the situation.
    This was informative to read, I really don't know much about other classes than the ranger that I've played to level 30 so far so learning about abilities of others is good stuff.

For ranger there is AoE heal skill, spirits that give group buffs, group speed buff and a few nifty pet utilities like 'rescue mission' which sends your pet to resurrect a downed ally. Then you got bunch of different AoE skills that can be very useful, like muddy terrain that is long AoE slow. And tarps that come in various flavors. Gotta love them tarps.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vee41 View Post
    For ranger there is AoE heal skill, spirits that give group buffs, group speed buff and a few nifty pet utilities like 'rescue mission' which sends your pet to resurrect a downed ally. Then you got bunch of different AoE skills that can be very useful, like muddy terrain that is long AoE slow. And tarps that come in various flavors. Gotta love them tarps.
    Don't forget the ranger elite with a possible 20 seconds AoE immobilize (Entangle, immobilize for 20 seconds or until the vines are destroyed, in an Area of 600 around the character). Combine this with a "Barrage" from the Longbow once they manage to get free (AoE Damage and Cripple), plus a Hunters Shot for Vulnerability and a Point Blank Shot to knock someone into our midst and you have a few kills. Now you just need to find a way to launch a Hunter into the midst of the enemy (Have not found a charge on hunter yet, but have not really searched for one)

Network Hub
    I don't play hunters, but I recall a greatsword on the weapon switch has a jump to close the gap. Do the jump through a smoke field (thief gunpowder shot for example) and you land with stealth on.

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I don't play hunters, but I recall a greatsword on the weapon switch has a jump to close the gap. Do the jump through a smoke field (thief gunpowder shot for example) and you land with stealth on.
    The fly in attack is one of my favourites, you can fly for miles with it as well.

Network Hub
    I've been running my 60 ele as a lightning/speed staff player in WvW since launch, and it's a great way to cause confusion in large fights and is excellent at flanking. With traits and a speed skill you can generally stay ahead of the pack, and dumping Static Field behind you usually keeps you out of trouble. In fire attunement you're handy at taking out siege equipment and defenders on walls and adding to the barrage to take gates down. Throw in an elite rock elemental to mix things up or the fiery greatsword and it's a great mix.

I've recently been working an engineer alt and it's got loads of potential. They can chuck speed/health/might potions around all day and equip grenades, mortars and flamethrowers for varied combat roles. The rifle has a good net skill for taking people down as well. I'm totally putting some time into getting some good traits and skills together. Stuff like retaliation is excellent at taking arrow carts down even if you can't see them, for example.

The biggest problem at the moment is the WvW queue and flakiness of guild functions. Swapping a character out to fill a role in WvW or even meeting up at an arranged time just isn't possible right now. I really hope this improves soon.

Obscure Node
    Okay, I finally got the guild invite. Wsp me ingame if I am online and you want to roll out.
    malexmave.6983 / Vis Lupi

(Perhaps we should all friendlist each other to make it easier to see who's online...)

I'd love to join you guys with my currently 39 elementalist.

I'm up for that! Looks really fun! Treloi the Ranger.

Network Hub
    I seem to never get a spot in WvWvW. Are you people waiting for long periods to get in?

Yeah ages - like 3 or 4 hours - at peak times.

Early in the morning and the middle of weekdays is way less busy.

----

We hada group of 8 or 9 of us play around lunchtime today and I had fun. Need to get more groups going.

Maybe a google calendar to arrange events?

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I seem to never get a spot in WvWvW. Are you people waiting for long periods to get in?
    Unfortunately, this is true, it takes quite a bit to get into the Borderlands. I usually continue playing PvE while I am waiting for the free spot, so it's not too bad. But still, quickly joining with your mates or to help out in a tight situation is simply not possible.

Obscure Node
    The idea definitely works.
    We had a casual session earlier just organised by /g chat, around 7-8 of us, was mad fun.

Literally just capped supplies/ killed supply animals/ and butchered the odd stragglers.
    Got destroyed by the enemy more times than i can count tho haha!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzza View Post
    The idea definitely works.
    We had a casual session earlier just organised by /g chat, around 7-8 of us, was mad fun.

Literally just capped supplies/ killed supply animals/ and butchered the odd stragglers.
    Got destroyed by the enemy more times than i can count tho haha!
    I wrote up a small AAR for that Operation, add things I have missed over there. And since there are a lot of pictures in earlier entries, you might have to scroll for a bit to find it ;-).

Activated Node
    Wow, that's a lot of great news from you people. I really wish I could join you but that's unfortunately impossible until next week. The idea about google calendar is great, I'll look to it. As for the queues... well, there's nothing we can do and I'm aware that this is the greatest obstacle right now. What we could do however is just playing together and waiting together in the same queue. We could play in PvE to get some sweet, sweet gear for the WvW, or in sPvP to train our tactics, depending on needs.

One more thing. Squads. Fucking squads. I don't know whose idea it was to set the price of 100 bleeding gold but we should do something about it. Unfortunately there is no perfect solution, because this thing is freaking expensive but we could at least have fun trying. I think it would be wrong to take this money from guild bank (at least not all of it) and I definitely don't want to rip you guys off. So my idea is to gather this money in WvW. All we can gather and/or sell goes into our "bank" (we'll need someone to keep the money and do the maths, volunteers?) and when we finally get the funds we'll buy this bloody squad thingy.

Now the problems. Obviously it's gonna take hell of a lot of time but the issue is that we'll buy it for only one person. And if this person is unable to play we won't have squad again, and it sucks, because we'll put a lot of effort into it. As you can see, this solution is far from perfect but I can't think of anything better right now. If you have better idea, please share.

Anyway, I'm really happy that the initiative is working and I'm looking forward to playing with you.

Obscure Node
    Yeah, the squad thingy is just plain nasty.

Another thing I just realized today: If you plant a Warrior Banner inside an AoE effect, it will actually give a AoE Combo effect. Meaning: We could try planting a banner in a thief smoke could for a AoE Stealth. We have not yet been able to confirm it as working, as we discovered it while being chased by approx. 30 000 reds, but we will try it out as soon as we get the chance, and if we can get the timing and organization right, we can get another emergency AoE Cloak going. This can be tried in the PvP training area (Heart of the Mists) as well, I guess.

Other combinations would be planting the Banner in a AoE Damage effect for AoE Damage, or AoE Regeneration / Aegis. Suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrill View Post
    I don't know whose idea it was to set the price of 100 bleeding gold but we should do something about it.
    We shouldn't buy it and pressure ArenaNet to fix the damned price. For 100g it should open up this thing for the whole guild not only one person.

Anyway, for the kind of operations we would do I think 1-2-3 5man squads are fine. They could coordinate over mumbles but raid different points on the map and only bunch up when there's a bigger threat.

Network Hub
    YEs, if I'm not mistaken, planting a banner is a blast finisher.

Obscure Node
    Count me in!

Mithror.2803 (for some reason I now have a different number behind my name!)

I was part of the raiding group yesterday (Aviendha Treeborn) and had a blast. I've been thinking we'd need a bit more coordination, but several small raiding groups sounds like an awesome way to contribute.

We should probably also ninja cap the supply depots before the bonus timer hit 0? To ensure maximum efficiency. I do think that in the event of being severly overpowered by another server starving them to death would not work. They'll have full supply in most if not all of their keeps. We need to have them starved and spend supply at the same time.

It'd also be great if we could coordinate our efforts to capture a tower or keep with a supply depot close by to function as our base of operation. Could be in any of the 4 zones.