Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

THE WORLD VS. ORR - SATURDAY the 5th of April - 8PM GMT // 9PM BST

Hi!

Yes, new PvE event. Gonna be big. Only a week's proper notice, I know - but hopefully it'll be enough. We get the numbers online on Saturday nights anyway.

Here's a recap of the last one during December 2013 in case you missed it.

There's a twist with this one: It's gonna involve both the EU and the US side of the game. I will be handling the EU side (hopefully with volunteers from you lovely people) whereas the podcast Relics of Orr will be handling the US side. The event will kick off simultaneously in the EU and US at 8PM GMT on Saturday. We intend on using the same TeamSpeak server as the US side so it's gonna be quite chaotic, but it should be fun.

It's basically a zerg across Orr. All welcome as usual - but remember to save your guest passes; the EU side is on UNDERWORLD!

The details...

The goal of the evening is to clear as many temples in Orr as possible, completing any random events we come across on the way. We'll start with the Temple of Balthazar and hopefully end up at the Temple of Grenth.

Perhaps we'll even cap off the night by killing a Karka Queen or giant wurm head...

Where and when do we meet up?

Fort Trinity, 8PM GMT on Saturday the 5th! Click here to see what that is in your local time. Remember that UTC is an hour behind British time!

There will be assistants within the Fort to assign groups and tell you what's going on.

Never been to Fort Trinity before? You can get there by running directly south from Lion's Arch!

Do I need anything?

A positive attitude with the willingness to take on some of the hardest, zergiest events in the game!

Obviously you will need to get to Fort Trinity so bring a decently levelled character. You don't need to have explored Orr before though; we generally run from each location without using waypoints.

As the event will be taking place at the same time on both sides of the Atlantic, we will likely be sharing a TeamSpeak server so the US guys can experience what it's like to be a part of one of these events. I really, really recommend that you grab TeamSpeak beforehand; Fight for Frostgorge, Slaying the Shatterer and Rampage from Rata Sum all made great use of TeamSpeak, with over 50 people coming on to join the fun. I want to extend that with this event!

We will give out the details for the TeamSpeak server on the night at Fort Trinity.

Where are we going?

To Orr!

We are running through the continent from Fort Trinity to Cursed Shore. Folks who have attended one of my events before will likely be familiar with the sort of emergent madness to expect and this should be doubly fun.

What are we doing?

We should be capturing all of the available temples and concluding with this meta event, but we'll likely throw in some surprises on the way (or even afterwards).

Do I need to do anything?

Not really – just turn up!

This is the sixth of these events that I’m hosting but don’t let that put you off; we get new faces every time and I assure you that we explain things very clearly to newcomers. All I ask is that you attend and have fun!

I'm very excited to team up with Relics of Orr and this is guaranteed to be my biggest venture yet. Together, I'm confident that we will pull it off successfully for both the EU and the US.

Remember that you can play with us even if you are not a native of Underworld or Anvil Rock. Click here for more information.

Questions below please. There's also an official forum thread here that could do with bumping.
    Last edited by Krathor; 01-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Oh, I'm holding it on Underworld because for every Saturday evening for the last... er... while I've noticed that Gunnar's liberate all of the temples and shizz. Maybe [MM] do it? Underworld has hardly any population so I figured we'd use that instead.

The banner at the top of the OP is a placeholder.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    What do Americans sound like?

Network Hub
    Please let that image become the official logo.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    And I thought my handwriting was bad
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    5pm as in the 3 year old's scrawl, or 8pm as in the header? At cinema next week, so won't be on till gone 10, but might catch the end of it.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Shite, you're right Ohara. It's 8PM, not 5PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Also to get some perspective... 8pm GMT is going to be 9pm UK or 10pm western Europe... so maybe a bit late start?
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

Right Aliss. It's 9PM BST - pretty late indeed, but it's to compensate for our American cousins next to the Pacific. Plus I think there's always folks who can't come earlier so it will be a nice opportunity for them.
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Sounds good Duke - I'll be along to help in any way needed...
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Great to hear Sap. I have a feeling we will have quite an enjoyable time...

I think I'm keeping the placeholder banner in this thread, but in case anyone wants to know what the real one looks like...

Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I prefer the placeholder
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    I have a new hat I could use it if I'm around
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Network Hub
    Watch out for those champion giants! They are usually the bane of RPS if I remember correctly
    GW2: Eknurr (Lvl 80 Engi), Elaina Mischievous (Lvl 80 Ranger), Neeaha (Lvl 80 Mesmer), Bald Carl (Lvl 80 Guardian)

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    We will put the quaggan tonics in the easy stash access area on saturday morning for you to pick up and use at the event. Am sure we have someone with a krait tonic too - so please bring that for group scare pictures...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Thanks for volunteering to hat up guys. I will definitely need your support on the night as I will also be helping RoO coordinate the American side, so it's gonna be a little hectic to say the least.

Monkey, we do have some Vault Transports researched as upgrades so we should be able to summon the bank at Fort Trinity in the evening. Providing that someone remembers to do so!
    Guild Wars 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Thanks for volunteering to hat up guys. I will definitely need your support on the night as I will also be helping RoO coordinate the American side, so it's gonna be a little hectic to say the least.

Monkey, we do have some Vault Transports researched as upgrades so we should be able to summon the bank at Fort Trinity in the evening. Providing that someone remembers to do so!
    Yeah I will bring my hat too. I've been queueing a few vault transports for such a thing. Pondering a party of hat wearers so we can party chat but each lead a squad...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Yes Monkey, that does sound reasonable - depending how hectic things go. Generally we have at least two commanders for the opening invasion in order to kick up NPC morale for Balthazar. I always, always need general assistance anyway.

There's now a Reddit thread and a big poster thing.
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ​Wonder how future big pve events t like this will that cross several zones will be affected by the new Megaserver system...
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Was thinking of games or similar to keep people interested/busy as people slowly fill up to the hard limit. Likely getting there for 7 will be handy for organiser/hatters