Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    The pre-fight engi might-stacking rotation. Is it:

Big Ol' Bomb > Fire Bomb > Thump > Detonate Thumper Turret?

That gets 9 stacks; is there any better way?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Healing Turret > Thumper Turret > Big Ol' Bomb(3) > Fire Bomb > Magnetic Shield/Inversion(6) > Thump(9) > Detonate Healing Turret(12) > Detonate Thumper Turret(15) > Rumble(18)

Obviously if you have other people also blasting and stacking might from other sources, you can have a shorter chain (Empower is not a valid alternative source of might due to its half-length duration, by the way).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Great - thanks.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Funny how every engineer build for everything is 30/30/0/x/x now. Build diversity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Moving this discussion from the Dungeon thread as it may be more useful here:

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    I would either use Zerker (Rifle PvE), Rampager (Nades PvE), or Rabid (Pistol/Shield, WvW) on an Engi. The Vitality on Dire doesn't do too much for you while Precision helps you proc stuff like Incendiary Ammo and sigils. Just my 2cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Already have pve gear for engi. Not that I ever use it. I had thought that engis didn't need the proc on crit quite so much as eg necros. Won't rune changes also make high precision less necessary for this? Will look at Wolfineers pages again and do some maths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Could be that some rune effects will be more easy to trigger, but that doesn't apply a) to all runes or b) your traits. For condi Engis triggering their IA is quite important, although I don't know the base crit chance without gear of the top of my head.

Isn't Wolfineer mostly a Rifle/Power Engi player?
    Wolfineers pages seemed to have all builds there. His take was that he used to use Rabid, then moved to Dire. 30% crit chance is enough in his opinion for IA proccing so you are right some Rabid is needed either on trinkets or armour. Given my main reason for wanting to take Engi into WvW is that my other solo/roaming builds die a bit due to my innate lack of skill, I could do with something tanky and OP, and Id rather it was a character I didnt do PVE with. Found info at link below quite useful reading:
    http://theengineerlegion.boards.net/...engineer-guide

Will play with my build and then post it - should get the gear which I put buy orders in for last night. Might need to wait 2 weeks so I can swap ascended trinkets from other characters though
    Last edited by Xanadu; 03-04-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    are ascended trinkets moving too - thought they were staying soulbound...

edit: well well well... if reading online is to be believed then trinkets count as equipment and will be account bound too. They surely must then allow people to salvage them as people with multiple alts will all suddenly have duplicates of so many items.

Hmmm, something isn't right here - its a stupid move as people won't be spending laurels as much... or ecto's as part of those items so some other mechanic needs to change...
    Last edited by MonkeyMonster; 02-04-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Haven't looked at that page and the builds yet, might do so tonight. I'm under the impression that it comes down to personal preference and playstyle, at least in WvW, since you often have to deal with suboptimal play and DPS calculations will be inaccurate, for example if you get pressured and are not able to pull off your combos.

By the way, I personally find Engineer not necessarily easier to play than other classes in WvW, they are quite reliant on combos and quick switching between kits, at least the build that I tend to use (Rocket Boots, Bomb Kit, Tool Kit). I understand that stuff like Rifle Turret (I think some Static Discharge builds use it?) might be easier to use. It's a lot of fun though, so keep at it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I find the account bound ascended trinket thing opens up a lot of flexibility, Monkey. I was spending all my laurels, fractal tokens and guild commendations on multiple sets of zerker gear - now I can stop that and buy a soldier set, a dire set etc. Folk will still spend laurels (if only on T6 mats for legendaries), and few really spent ectos on these (waste of cash compared to 5g + commendations) so I think the economy impact is minimal. Salvaging/MFing is of course needed, as it is a silly exception, akin to back pieces 12 months ago.

Wasnt expecting Engi to be easier, but wanted to have a go, as I don't yet have a niche for my Engi I'm comfortable with, and havent got a solo WvW roamer I can play yet (failed so far on necro and thief. I guess I could do warrior at a push but I play warrior so much in PVE I'd rather not)
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Roaming with an Engineer is great fun, as mentioned above. EotM is a perfect playing ground for that.