Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Patch

Has anyone tried the Blinkfusor yet? I've used it in a couple of games, but usually don't stick around long enough to see the results. Wondering if anyone has done any more extensive research yet?

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzGo View Post
    Has anyone tried the Blinkfusor yet? I've used it in a couple of games, but usually don't stick around long enough to see the results. Wondering if anyone has done any more extensive research yet?
    I unlocked it while TDMing on lunch break for a first win. The only kills I got were easy ground shots. I'm pretty terrible with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by deadly.by.design View Post
    I unlocked it while TDMing on lunch break for a first win. The only kills I got were easy ground shots. I'm pretty terrible with it so far.
    I've had a few kills with it, but haven't noticed any huge difference in damage. Or is the "inheritance" more for aiming?

The inheritance is only a question of projectile speed. It means the disc goes his own speed plus your own whole speed: other projectiles only get half of your speed.

This means: imagine you are flying 100 km/h forward and the disc has a speed of 300 km/h; a normal disc would fly at 350 km/h (speed + half your speed), a blinksfusor disc would hit 400 km/h. It makes it easier for chasers to hit fast cappers.
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Skydancer View Post
    The inheritance is only a question of projectile speed. It means the disc goes his own speed plus your own whole speed: other projectiles only get half of your speed.

This means: imagine you are flying 100 km/h forward and the disc has a speed of 300 km/h; a normal disc would fly at 350 km/h (speed + half your speed), a blinksfusor disc would hit 400 km/h. It makes it easier for chasers to hit fast cappers.
    Cool, thanks for the explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Does anyone know if the Mechanic perk buffs the Repair Kit? I'm never sure if I can tell if it does or not, never hang around for long enough to watch it working. If it does then that would help at least.
    I'm not sure if it does or not - I have Mechanic equipped as a Tech, my impression from the rate at which the base repair badges pop up is that with it the kits are about as fast as the base repair tool everyone can use, maybe a touch slower. They've still got some use to repair deployables and such, but after a few tests I'm pretty sure they can't replace a repair tool any more. Might be viable if there's a couple of other techs with glue guns about, but that's about it.

Activated Node
    The new Rage + Lightweight is pretty great stuff. The free self damage lets for get fast and keep your health or go double fast with less health.