Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Very nice, thanks for posting. Now I just have to figure out how to make money from declining trends...
    Forum janitor in training.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    Sweet. That's exactly what I was looking for ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Very nice, thanks for posting. Now I just have to figure out how to make money from declining trends...
    ...by not buying, I guess.

Well, I just thought I might be doing myself a disservice by not salvaging some whites. If the vendor price of the white is less than the TP price for the expected salvage materials + 1/15th of the price of a starter salvage kit, it's actually better to salvage and sell the results on the TP

A slight aside form the thread topic: what's money for in GW2? Is there an end-game I should be saving up for, like mounts in other MMOs? Do I need coin for materials for the forge/crafting or can I farm most mats myself?
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    A slight aside form the thread topic: what's money for in GW2? Is there an end-game I should be saving up for, like mounts in other MMOs? Do I need coin for materials for the forge/crafting or can I farm most mats myself?
    Aesthetics, mainly. The coolest looking, most exclusive weapons and armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Do I need coin for materials for the forge/crafting or can I farm most mats myself?
    Cultural armour and guild armour are bought directly in coin. Cultural weapons are karma. Dungeon weapons and armour are from dungeon tokens. WvW equipment you can buy with tokens you earn in WvW. Legendary weapons are... a whole other kind of investment.

Money is of course also useful for just travelling around. Alternatively, you can funnel it all into gems for account upgrades for your level 80, or lower level alts. Or for more character slots.

I want money for account upgrades and crafting. Specially account upgrades.

Thanks for the answers. Bank upgrades via gold are something I've had my eye on but apart from those it doesn't seem like there's anything too pressing. Aesthetics are something I can work towards as a long-term goal. My main concern was that there was something essential I'd overlooked.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Besides bank expansion, more character slots. I think that's the only useful thing you can get from the shop, the rest is either cosmetic or just not worth it (PvE boons).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I'd never buy PvE boosters - at least not directly. Instead just buy 5 BL keys from the gem store and 50 BL chests from the trading post and go nuts. You'll have a ton of boosters.
    Last edited by Screwie; 11-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Man, this site has lots of nice tips!

http://www.guildwars2riches.com/

Also this thread on reddit helped me save some money. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...wledge_part_1/

With tips like "Use heart of the mists to travel to lions arch for free" and "place orders on the TP instead of buying directly".

Surely more helpful for noobs than the experienced player, but hey, we all have to start somewhere

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Hopped in WvW with the other day just as the servers had changed and joined the initial Zerg. Made at least 1g in less than an hour but it gets boring fast.

Wolfenswann: Care to explain how did you make the 1G? I've never been to WvW as the waiting queues seem enormous and if I can't get in instantly, I start doing missions and whatever and don't want to quit doing my thing later on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    If you defeat people in WvW they drop coins, fortunately it doesn't come out of your own balance or I would be broke by now.

: Care to explain how did you make the 1G? I've never been to WvW as the waiting queues seem enormous and if I can't get in instantly, I start doing missions and whatever and don't want to quit doing my thing later on.
    It was very early in the next matchup and there wasn't any coordination on the servers going on. Additionally our Zerg seemed to be the first on the field, the others lagging behind. It was going from keep to camp to keep (on Eternal Battlegrounds btw), easily taking each within a few minutes. Each keep event nets about 4s (I'm lvl 80), camps net money too, then there's the loot you get from mobs/enemy players/guards.

As said, it's boring and repetitive but even considering the occasional death it's a net gain as long your server has the upper hand. Doubt I'll do it again though, I enjoy the "RPS force recon" in a small group much more.

Are the waiting queues still slow? I'd LOVE to join the effort for great justice!

On Weekends and evenings they are still long because of the amount of players online. Around morning/noon mid-week they are usually short.

On the money money money side, check out Armor Crafting Calculator for Profit

Oh, right at the times I can play. Seriously, I hope they fix that because it kinda sucks I can't play socially in my MMO...

I don't know what a "fix" would entail as it's only related to the maximum amount of players from one server allowed in the WvW instance at any given time. Obviously they could increase it but I really don't know if that's a desirable option.