Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    They are viable - essentially you run with a packed bench and foul the bejesus out of anything in sight. A +AG fling helps in this respect as you've got a reasonable shot at a TTM regardless of how the opponents drive goes. This means I tend to ignore stopping him from scoring on his drive and concentrate on removing players.
    Sounds like a crazy gambit. But isn't goblin the master of fouling with their secret weapons and such?

The key to fouling is having lots of disposable players who are cheaper than the player you are giving the boot to. They don't come much cheaper or more disposable than flings. Maybe Snots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yep, although flings are arguably even more disposable than snots as there will be more of them on the roster. That's the problem with goblins, the secret weapons are going to be sent off anyway so if you invest in those, you can't afford to foul often.

Where goblins do (sort of) excel in the fouling stakes, are the free pseudo-fouls you can get when a fanatic or a bomb throw hits a prone player.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Yep, although flings are arguably even more disposable than snots as there will be more of them on the roster. That's the problem with goblins, the secret weapons are going to be sent off anyway so if you invest in those, you can't afford to foul often.

Where goblins do (sort of) excel in the fouling stakes, are the free pseudo-fouls you can get when a fanatic or a bomb throw hits a prone player.
    Screwie's hit the nail on the head there. The problem with gobbos in a MM environment is after one drive each you've lost your secret weapons which means you have an effective roster of 13 - 11 40k players. With flings you can start every game with 14 30k players which makes fouling a breeze.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I like the strategic foul to encourage particular behaviour - such as forcing an opponent to score early to save an isolated positional player that I am merrily gang-fouling each turn, rather than running the clock down to prevent the equaliser/game-winning possibilty.

The dice can also turn against you as well. I really hate fighting the amazons now. AV7 yes, but these girls have Block/Dodge and it's really hard to knock over. Losing 2 of my blitzers to injuries didn't help either. Lost 1-0 due to lack of firepower. I think I should fill my roster up to 16 asap to get the max foul assists running per drive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There are some good tips here.

http://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch!+of...de+for+Newbies

Especially the last line.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    There are some good tips here.

http://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch!+of...de+for+Newbies

Especially the last line.
    Amen to that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oh bugger off you pedant!

I meant "...you know, if the worst thing that happens to you is you roll a bunch of 1s and your computer pixels die, then you should consider it a damn good day."