Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool DUKE'S WVW EVENT THING - SATURDAY the 24th of May - 16:00 GMT // 17:00 BST

Now then!

Been a while since we did something big WvWish as a guild. We've been running small groups throughout the last few weeks but let's really bring out the big guns again. Since megaservers are still... megaservers, I figured I'd put something big together for WvW. Especially since the tournament ends on Friday the 30th, so you'd best get your skates on for completing that meta!

The Plan:

Take a load of omega golems around every map (including Edge of the Mists) and cap as much as possible.

The Day:

Saturday the 24th of May.

The Time:

17:00 BST, which is 16:00 GMT. This website shows the time of the event and you can switch up the options to see what it is in your local time.

It's early, I know. But I want to avoid the big WvW guilds getting in before us, creating queues and capping everything during the usual evening shift.

Where We Meeting?

On Gunnar's Hold TeamSpeak. Look for me on there - [RPS]Duke. We'll also clearly communicate the first map we're hitting in guild chat. If you get lost, confused or generally want a party you can always whisper me directly on Duke Witherheart.

If you have never used the server's TeamSpeak before, what better time to register? Start here. Those of us with verified registrations can view this post with the connection details.

Download TeamSpeak here if you don't have it already.

What Are We Doing?

Turning every location in the maps our colour. Probably doing some PvE discretely. Building golems. Building trebs. Making portals. Making mincemeat of the enemy. Falling. Forever falling into victory.

Do I Need Anything?

YES! You need to be properly on Gunnar's Hold with us. That means no guesting; it has to be your 'home' server.

Other than that, no. Just bring mesmers. And supply.

Not WvW'd Before?

Don't worry! It's as simple as following a blue taco off a cliff. I don't assign complicated tasks out unless people volunteer. ;D

Please post below if you fancy coming or if you have any questions. I'll likely throw this out to the wider Gunnar's community too - seems like ages since a proper WvW event was posted in that forum.

Ideas for the event title welcome.
    Last edited by Krathor; 17-05-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I suggest we call it, the official RPS zergalong.

also, you do know that you golems can no longer move maps? But yes, great idea.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

That's not a bad title. I was thinking 'Golems Going Gonzo' but it came across as a little obnoxious.

And oh yes. It's going to be a fairly expensive afternoon...
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    My mesmer will be happy to lend a hand
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Sounds like fun; I'll be there!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    I can bring along my mesmer for all (well, some) of your portalling needs, or my proud ranger can join the group if you want me to be a bit more useful.

As for titles... In line with your fully PvE events, of course it should preferably alliterate or have some assonance. Wading/Waltzing/Wandering into WvW? Scrubnubs playing Wubwub? Wondrously vacuous Warriors venturing Wherever?

Golems gone wild?
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Dammit Duke, stop scheduling awesome stuff for times I can't make it!

Good going gang. Salix: I'm sorry! It's just if we have it any later I know that it will end in tears!

There's a Gunnar's thread kicking around and there's also this beauty.
    Guild Wars 2:

My mesmer (my only 80 )will be present, baring any RL issues, for the RPS Golum Zerg.

Just need one more keep for the meta but hopefully I have that wrapped up by then.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Lesser Hivemind Node MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Am away visiting the mother ship that weekend so away from all capable machines alas. My work lappy can handle civ5 with most things turned off...
    Sorry guys!
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Should be around, on my usual slippery glassy bastard of a mesmer. Services offered: scouting, portalling and running awa... tactically retreating.
    [GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.

I foresee an army of mesmers. Not as if that would be a bad thing, though.

Monkey: Pffft. Just come on TeamSpeak for it!
    Guild Wars 2:

All the mesmers should dress up the same lol.
    Cybek - Asura - Mesmer -- Kybek - Human - Necro -- Ravbek the Char Ranger, (also, Soubek, Xybek, Feybek)

Network Hub
    Throw in some necros and rangers and we're practically a blob.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

It'll be almost like we don't need warriors.

This is tomorrow, people!
    Guild Wars 2:

Dis is dis afternoon!!!
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    What is???

De event!!!
    Guild Wars 2:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Had great fun - fantastic golem rush. Sorry I disappeared without a trace; terrible connectivity issues today
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Great event as usual Duke! Really loved our run in FSP and the farmfest at north camp, was fantastic!

PS FIRE ZE MISSILES!

[GW2] The Blackfyre clan: Aliss (Guardian) Alyss (Mesmer) Lyss (Engineer) and others.