Network Hub

Gunnars PVE Event : "Assura's run for Orr" Valentine Run, Saturday 14 Feb 2015

For those that may be interested :

Link to the original post on Gunnars forum: http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/threads/2...2864#post22864

Whats needed: Asura, loads of them, Good dose of Humor , Will to reach the end of the run
    Level 1 / Gear: Only what drops, Profession of your own choice during creation, everybody is welcome
    Class Obviously >> Asura <<
    What is NOT allowed: Swearing / Name Calling / Blaming / Rage Quiting
    Extra needed: Someone that can record / edit and post it as promotional material towards our server and Screenshots

The event will start with you as a new lvl 1 Asura.
    It is not allowed to use any kind of scroll to level up, the entire event need to be done without them.
    It is not allowed to make any kind of weapons and or gear for the event with alts, neither to get a crafting profession on this character.
    You may dress up during the run with the drops you will get.
    There will be no mining / chopping or flower picking during the run to get extra Xp.
    It is not allowed to use portals to main cities, you may only use portals to travel on the portals that are discovered during the run.
    The run will start in your place of birth, we will avoid Lion's Arch, all major cities, and go all the way thru the Shiver Peaks.
    Fights are allowed, though try to do them as group.
    Goal is to reach the southern area of Orr with as many low level asura's as possible.
    Be sure to have the time to go as it can take a pretty long time to get to the end

When: Valentine Run, Saturday 14 Feb 2015
    Time: 20.00 Paris Time
    PVE event
    Hold by: [SP]Shadow Prisoners
    Run by Tchoo Tchoo
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    No swearing? I'd best skip this... ;D

Interested to know how they're going to police the "no gathering" rule.

Also Rata Sum to Orr avoiding Lions Arch is definitely the long way round, eh?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    No idea, really, best to ask Tchoo dont you think ?
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I'm not *that* interested.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tweetiti's Avatar
    THis is a direct competition to Saf orr event I shall skip it and organise a demo in solidarity with my fellow officer
    Tweetiti but also (ex Knickers) Burlesque Galore, Melons of Steel and Liltweetie
    Subscribe to our RPS_GW2 Twitter: twitter.com/rps_gw2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Ourrs is already better so don't pay it heed
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    Orrs' is already better so don't pay it heed
    corrected the typo for you.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera
    Steam ID: IHawksbane

This one is pretty different though, considering the route and asura-based antics. It's a decent way to go too, although could take them a few hours.

I'll try to make it. The PvE community in Gunnar's is pretty minimal nowadays so it'll be interesting to see who shows up.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    This one is pretty different though, considering the route and asura-based antics. It's a decent way to go too, although could take them a few hours.

I'll try to make it. The PvE community in Gunnar's is pretty minimal nowadays so it'll be interesting to see who shows up.
    I forgot about it, but I happened to be in Straits of Devastation when they were asking for help, so I ran with them to Cursed Shore. It was pretty funny, actually (and if you didn't have "Combat Healer" already, it'd be a quick way to get it).

Aye, I was also unavailable for most of the evening so didn't make it. I hear it went on until the early hours?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Aye, I was also unavailable for most of the evening so didn't make it. I hear it went on until the early hours?
    yeah. I didn't check the time, but it was rather late. I think I heard one of them say it had taken six hours in all, but I'm not quite sure.

Obscure Node
    Yes, six hours. We did go the long way round though. Tcho has posted a quick recap on GH and video highlights are coming, I hear.

There was much laughter and quite a lot of swearing, as is only appropriate when everything around can one-shot you, including the mosquitoes. Once in Orr we didn't get much XP because we couldn't damage anything so couldn't get credit for kills.

My favourite quote of the night was from a bemused noble soul healing us in Orr: "why are you guys dying so much?"

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    My favourite quote of the night was from a bemused noble soul healing us in Orr: "why are you guys dying so much?"
    hehe. I saw that. I'd been fighting off some enemies and came back to the group and everyone of you seemed to be dead. Again.