Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Duration is better in any situation condition damage is meant to be used, but it only goes up to 100%.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MonkeyMonster's Avatar
    Destroying Rabbits wherever they can be found
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Duration is better in any situation condition damage is meant to be used, but it only goes up to 100%.
    I think i knew of the limit on 100 but interesting. So presumably it's the "duraction" of each individual stack as a separate instance but does the system know this? I apply 5 stacks of bleeding with a +50% duration and someone else applies 5 with no extra duration - is it clever enough to allow five to dissipate quicker? While I'm questioning the mighty knowledge base...

Is it known if you apply 3 in one hit, do all 3 come off or do you lose them bit by bit? How do stacks get removed from mobs...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Each application of a condition has its own duration, and a stack is a stack. If you apply a stack of 3 5s bleeds with one skill they will all go away after 5 seconds.

Whoever applies a condition first has priority for condition limits. Better conditions do not overwrite worse ones. A condition applied after the limit has been reached is wasted. A stack of bleeds can contain many different player's applications and the game keeps track of each player's individual damage and duration.

Condition removal has different priority conditions on a per-skill basis, same as boon removal.

I really dislike how GW2 handles conditions and condition removal. In GW1 you could at least reliably use stuff like cover conditions and anticipate removal by the last-in-first-out principle.

Cool, thanks for that malawi - kinda how I thought it would work and I knew the 25 limit, hence I didn't want to ace out that aspect given everyone else can pretty much apply bleeds in their sleep.

There is definitely a pattern you should apply skills n utilities in to maximise your ability to harm. OH dagger 1 is actually useless if you don't have a condition (i think). As all it does is send conditions to your target and the bounce onwards. Then you have the toss up between waiting a cool down for that when you are 3+ conditions v healing with eating them...
    Monksbjornsson, a glass cannon of nordic origins and gleeful slaughterer of rabbits
    Monksbane, gnarly bit of wood that rots, festers and gives you splinters of the nasty kind that really sting
    Monksgaard, a squishy human guardian badly helping to keep you alive while running away

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMonster View Post
    So here's a question... It's all time related but is duration better or worse depending on situation that straight cond damage? Or perhaps the point is "in what situation IS duration better than straight damage" If you can - or just engage speculation cannon!
    My thinking is that duration is better except where conditions are removed frequently - eg WvW zergs or some bosses that cleanse conditions often. Hitting the 100% cap isnt that hard but you have to build for it.
    That said, there are far fewer sources of condition duration than damage - there is only one equipment set (givers) with condition duration and that is only on weapons. Condition duration is often in trait trees where it doesn't synergise well (eg Spite for necros that gives you power and apart from Dhuumfire traits that are not great for Condition users). Food often gives both duration and damage (pizza!) So maybe go for condi duration food, runes, sigil etc; condition damage equipment, and trait based on the particular benefits it gives your build.
    Final comment. Duration only benefits if you have complete ticks (seconds). So a 20% increase to a 4s bleed is 4.8s but that gives no benefit over 4s...
    One question - is it worth going above 100% if your opponents have condition duration reduction food (lemongrass poultry soup) etc? ie does their reduction kick in before or after you have hit your 100% cap? Couldnt see an answer on the wiki
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Yeah... I remember reading about the second tick over point and actually i should alas do some detail analysis over what I am applying and for how long...

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    So, kitting my necro up for a condi wvw build.

What runes/sigils should I be looking at after the change.

Perplexity still looks good, especially now that fear now triggers on inturrupt effects.
    I did pick up some runes of the undead to tide me over (because they cost bugger all).

Undead are good - nice mix of vitality n cond dmg - plus trait for vitality into cond dmg too and its even better.

Sigils I use are the new ones - bursting that is - not cheap however. Put in the requests now and hope that in this current trend to make stuff - people will... Even last night I had a few old requests fulfilled again. Seems these updates are making people craft like there is no tomorrow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have nightmare on my necro, full set seems to have had a tiny condition dmage nerf (+183 to +175), condition duration boost (10% to +15%) and massive fear on hit boost (5% to 50% chance, but cooldown is still crap at 90s). Perplexity is on my engi
    For sigils depends if you want bleed proc on crit (earth) or passive boosts to condition duration damage(bursting/malice). Think I have earth on staff and scepter and bursting on dagger.
    Last edited by Xanadu; 16-04-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

There is so much bleeding in the world anyway - boost the others you give!

Perplexity is still pretty good, since it gives necros access to a condition they usually would have no access too. Also, people are idiots and don't know how to react to confusion most of the time.

If you don't mind listening to podcasts, the sitting on a couch necro podcast has a recent episode dedicated to the patch changes (recorded pre-patch, however after the first bunch of changes to runes had been revealed). I'd expect some additional discussion on the matter coming with the next episode. The podcast is more PvP-centric, but the hosts touch on WvW as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Runes of Krait look good, especially for the 6th one.

+20% Bleeding Duration; when you use an elite skill, you inflict bleeding, torment, and poison for 8 seconds to nearby foes. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
    As do Nightmare Runes with the fear buff. I wouldn't think that Perplexity is very useful since it only procs on interrupt and Necro's don't have a huge amount of those - although the changes to fear have improved that.
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

Perplexity is 25% to give 3 stacks when hit (25sec cooldown) and 5 stacks when interrupting (15sec cooldown)

Will be running fear on staff and in deathshroud with occasional walls of it so that's some amount to epidemic around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    good point, I was only looking at the 6th rune (kind of forgot there were another 5).
    Hawksbane | Ripley Hawkswind | Aconitum Hawkshood | Fuchsia Panthera

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQRAo.../eU/BQ/jvSQA-e
    is my current necro powell dagdag/axefocus build that is proving be rather effective indeed at killing things very rapidly.

Malawi will no doubt crush it soon enough...

I already told you putting points into Blood makes no sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This pve, monkey?
    What is the power wvw build of choice post patch?
    I looked at forums but couldn't see a consensus.

I believe the power builds are heavily reliant on wells, with dagger and staff being the weapons to swap between.

But yeah, most wvw builds are taken with a mighty pinch of salt and highly adaptable to personal play styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I already told you putting points into Blood makes no sense.
    you mean ignoring the dagger charge reduction, the well charge reduction and the wells siphoning strength... I guess you can do perhaps do more dps with more in precision. Hey ho.