Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar

This Is Going to Be a Boring Autumn

Sleeping Dogs is such a great game, but it's too damn short that I finished it few days after I returned from my traveling trip. I guess I didn't input more than 15 hours in it and not motivated to play through unfinished side missions after completion of the storyline.

Aside from Dishonored, all other upcoming titles are unexciting sequels of already established franchises: Far Cry 3, COD Black Ops 2, Bioshock Infinite, Medal of Honor 2, XCOM, Borderlands 2,......

Boring, boring, boring, boring!!!!!!!!!

Again, I am still protesting for not letting me to join the world of Battlefield 3.

"X-COM: Enemy Unknown and Borderlands 2 are boring games!"

Umm...
    Last edited by Voon; 09-09-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    "X-COM: Enemy Unknown and Borederlands 2 are boring games!"

Umm...
    They need to be innovative to deliver something new, at least new to PC (i dont have game console so anything not on PC is new to me). Otherwise, we are talking about USD50-60 for a game (or USD30-50 for East Asia version, tend to be lower than western versions, I dont know about game distribution in Malaysia but I guess East Asia pricing is also applicable in Southeast Asia?).

Seriously, if I am permitted to play Battlefield 3 with my own statistics, Battlefield 3 will be absolutely new to me since I had only tried out its alpha demo.

BTW if this really turns to be a boring gaming season, we may consider having traveling trips to Malaysia? I just returned from your country and found out that your country is truly amazing. Good comfortable climate and a lot of interesting sites to visit, good food, too!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    They need to be innovative to deliver something new, at least new to PC
    No they don't. Why do you think almost nobody bought the last Syndicate game.

Just do more of the same, with better graphics/sound/music. In XCOM's case that's pretty much what they did and the public can't wait to play it (myself included).

Natural Selection 2 and Far Cry 3 will satisfy me

They need to be innovative to deliver something new, at least new to PC (i dont have game console so anything not on PC is new to me). Otherwise, we are talking about USD50-60 for a game (or USD30-50 for East Asia version, tend to be lower than western versions, I dont know about game distribution in Malaysia but I guess East Asia pricing is also applicable in Southeast Asia?).

Seriously, if I am permitted to play Battlefield 3 with my own statistics, Battlefield 3 will be absolutely new to me since I had only tried out its alpha demo.

BTW if this really turns to be a boring gaming season, we may consider having traveling trips to Malaysia? I just returned from your country and found out that your country is truly amazing. Good comfortable climate and a lot of interesting sites to visit, good food, too!
    Dude, I've seen the bits of gameplay in X-Com and it was pretty good on what they're working on. Plus, nobody had done this kind of thing in years besides some Japanese game companies. So, it more of a refreshing change compared to the bajillion MMOs and FPS or MMOFPS the gaming industry have crapping out these days.

And yeah, glad to hear that! It'll be sunny (or a bit rainy... maybe) all year around so, don't worry about the weather if you're planning to make trips here. I think you'll love Tioman or Perhentian if you love islands but make trips to KL or Georgetown if you're more of a city type of guy. The best food can be found in either the north or the east coast, imo.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Chivalry: MW, Hotline Miami, Xenonauts...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    It's a shame there is not a way to play games from the past that you skipped/missed.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Clicked the article. Thought we were getting trolled. Still might be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I'm in MMO mode, so I really couldn't care less what releases in the next couple of months, as my gaming schedule until December is 85% Guild Wars 2, 15% not-Guild Wars 2. December I will re-assess, and if the game hasn't totally fallen apart, the following few months will look broadly similar.

Also, I don't think anybody cares about BlOps 2 aside from console monkeys, but there is some legitimate shit to look forward to with Borderlands 2 and XCom.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I'm pretty psyched for XCOM and will probably pick up Torchlight 2. Borderlands 2 will be cool but doubt I'll get it at launch. BF3 is fun but I burned out on it even before that whole subscription thing started.

Also what about Hawken? I'm hoping beta will start soon. And what about Hitman Absolution?

Probably the most exciting autumn season in gaming in ages for me in terms of the amount of interesting games.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Again, I am still protesting for not letting me to join the world of Battlefield 3.
    Why would you want to? It's just an unexciting sequel of an already established franchise.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Look harder. Here's the unique IPs I'm likely going to be buying:

Out Now - Alpha Polaris & Frozen Synapse. Was just released as a DVD version.

September 28, 2012 - War of the Roses. Mount & Blade style multiplayer combat with more realistic graphics.

October 12th - Of Orcs and Men. An RPG in which you're an orc warrior of a tribe fighting for freedom against the vile humans.

October 26th - Lucius. Play a little boy possessed by the devil who must brutally murder the resident of a house without anyone suspecting him.

And Dishonoured, which you've mentioned. A boring Autumn? Far from it. I'll probably have to get some of these later because I can't afford that many releases in such a short space of time. I won't include X-Com in the list because it's a... 'reimagining', but it's my most wanted game this year.

Last edited by Drake Sigar; 09-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I don't know about you Squirrel but I have a huge backlog besides my anticipated games.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Banned
    So if it's not new, it's boring?

Why do you even post here if you never play videogames?

P.S. Sleeping Dogs was GTA in China. BORING.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have to say I'm not particularly excited about anything upcoming apart from Torchlight 2 and the Duels of the Planeswalkers expansion. I'll probably get XCOM too because it's a turn based strategy game and so must be bought, but it's not exactly exciting me. But I seem to have lost the ability to play AAA games that aren't called Mass Effect, so probably that's mostly to blame.

Fortunately I have loads of older games to play, and Football Manager never gets boring.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

My backlog aside I know I'll be playing XCOM and Dishonoured, maybe even Borderlands 2... So I don't really think that this autumn is so grim. And sure maybe none of these games are really original, but then again truly original games come out once in a blue moon. If you want original then maybe you need to consider playing Dark Souls.

I do find it funny that you take Sleeping Dogs as your jumping off point for this thread, a game that I find utterly bland and derivative.
    Last edited by ado; 09-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Banned
    I thought this was going to be another crap year, but honestly now the (potentially) good games are just piling up. Dark Souls now, then Borderlands 2, Firefall, HAWKEN, Mechwarrior Online, Dishono(u)red, Far Cry 3... okay Far Cry 3 as potentially good might be pushing it, but along with BLOPS 2 I will certainly try it at the very least. And of course EVE gets a renewal that will make it decidedly playable before end of the year.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Torchlight 2?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/