Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Finally connected, could I get an outfit invite, in-game name: byteCrunch

Activated Node
    One for me too please: izalVS

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    So, a few of us were online as it seemed, but nothing really happened(?) I was kinda "stuck" with my squad waiting for a tell or anything. I suppose most people were also stuck at the queue? EU1 is just overpopulated currently. But things might get better once Esamir (second continent) is out.

Had some pretty intense fights today and empires were almost equal with VS sitting at arond 30%, NC at ~36 and TR ~34 if I remember correctly. And I am really starting to hate Prowlers :D

Was also on for a bit, and ended up playing with Frenzorz and bonkers, though nothing ever came of the meetup proper it seems. It was a lot of fun, and the highlight for me was destroying an enemy Galaxy by drop podding into it.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    Was also on for a bit, and ended up playing with Frenzorz and bonkers, though nothing ever came of the meetup proper it seems. It was a lot of fun, and the highlight for me was destroying an enemy Galaxy by drop podding into it.
    There seemed to be real problems with invites at the start of the night. Lots of people joining the game, needing invites. There were real problems with organising squad / platoon leaders and moving people about.

For quite a while we had a platoon with about 18 of the RPS outfit. I was trying to keep an eye on who was in the outfit or had posted here, online, but not in the platoon, and send out invites, but it was all very wonky... In the end I just made the platoon public and named it "Rock, Planet Beta"; hoping people might see it.

So; apologies for those who ended up not getting outfit / platoon invites tonight. The system remains pretty wonky and probably needs more careful planning / organisation in the future.

Hopefully future events will be a bit smoother from the off as patches come in and the wonkiness of the system is got used to...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Yeh the Platoon system is only a couple of patches old so is still having a few teething issues, but we managed to get a good sized platoon up and running for some fairly intense fighting during the incursion into NC territory and at the end at Peris. Was very fun, definitely looking forward to next time.

Best part of gameplay yesterday for me was when we attacked I think (!) TI Alloys (but not sure, still learning the names) and the TR had set up a defensive perimeter which our tanks were unable to breach.
    So I took my magrinder around it, came from the side and ran them over. Got at least 15 kills as I got a 15 kill streak. I died in the process but this allowed my fellow VS players to move towards the base. I kinda felt a bit heroic there, too bad I hadn't Fraps running and could not take screenshots and the like :(

Sadly I'm at work during the scheduled time, hopefully I can catch you folks on a weekend sometime!

Was goddamn confusing for me (Tunaghost), as it was first time I played. Tried reading a newb guide but did not find any good ones (the link on RP-Beta thread was not working in the hours before tuesday meetup). I had no idea what weapons were good, how they worked, how voicechat worked, no waypoints or easily identifiable markers showing where and which vehicle was controlled by an outfit and no idea how the TR soldiers looked like at first (assumed they would have a red triangle or name above their heads). All in all, I had no damn clue and as I told The JG Man, I really wish they add a tutorial and/or free-roam area for people to learn basics and test out their stuff against stationary targets and so on.
    Still, it was damn fun! Waiting in a Galaxy (that is the VS air transport right?) for that last fellow to jump in or trying to sort out a workaround for a platoon-member in other squad listening to the voice banter, jumping out of a burning transport with rest of squadmates because some meanies are firing at us and being ressed by Beardface (and thinking of Scrubs entire time) a couple of times.
    Will be there next Tuesday!
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Mallory) : SceptrumTR (Lithcorp)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Why does everything I wan't to do happen on Tuesdays :(

Do people get together other nights of the week too?

Yeh man, add somuchforpathos VS EU1 i'm happy to group for some fun when i'm on and I'm sure anyone else who is around will join in too :)
    so much for pathos

A lot of the frustrations we had with organising two squads to coordinate with each other seem to have been addressed in the latest patch notes (or is that an upcoming patch?), so looking forward to next Tuesday and other impromptu sessions together.

Cant be there next week, have to work late :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    This is a bump to confirm another Tuesday VS session.

8pm BST (7pm UTC), Tuesday 18th September.

(I didn't think a new topic was warranted for same time, same night. Makes sense if it's another arrangement, but there's enough PS2 stuff on the first page of this forum already.)

Platoons can still be a bit of a faff (though much improved) so I think the best bet will be to have the squad open to recruitment. Go to the social tab of the menu, then to the squad selection. If nothing appears, select the "Infantry" check-box at the top and look for a squad / platoon named "Rock, Planet, Beta" and just hop on in. Ask for an outfit invite once you're in the squad if you need one.

Unless there's a lot who disagree; in-game voip seems the best bet over Mumble for larger gatherings.
    It is pretty wonky, but it works, and is not another layer of faff for those just hopping in for the first time.

Note: If voip seems to cut out (it seems like no one can hear you), go to the settings menu, then to "voice". Deselect the "enable" tick box and Esc back out to the game. Then Esc back to menu, back to voice and re-select the enable tick box. Most often this is the best solution to dropped voip connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

*edit*
    Nevermind. My problem was solved by deleting the UserOptions.ini again. Didn't work the last days, now it did.
    Last edited by bonkers; 17-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Yeh the in-game voice is quite well setup allowing channels, for proximity, squad, platoon and outfit levels, as well as being able to adjust everyone's output level separately too. Only thing I haven't seen is a way to test your mic levels so have to rely on others to tell you otherwise.
    so much for pathos

Activated Node
    Hello everyone,

just signed up here in this forum (see the introduction thread) and was wondering if I might join up with you guys ? Mumble is present and installed, and I happen to have a Vanu character on EU 1.

Edit: Character name is simply 'Farns'
    Last edited by Farnsworth; 18-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.

I shall be there - character name Zhaine on VS. Think I'm in the outfit already from the weekend.

I expect to be there for an hour or so.

Heyho,

could I get an invite to the Outfit ?
    Name is TaLon256 on VS.