Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Network Hub
    I had a go at the trading post and found that if you have to make repairs, it's easy to find stuff that is actually better than what you are wearing for less money the repair would cost. I think I've found a new upgrade path.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    I had a go at the trading post and found that if you have to make repairs, it's easy to find stuff that is actually better than what you are wearing for less money the repair would cost. I think I've found a new upgrade path.
    But it takes more time. Time which could be spent on earning more money!

Network Hub
    It's actually the most efficient way to spend those 2 minutes.

I'm finding I don't spend my karma at all - tbh I dont even look at the heart vendors most the time. As I went Artificer/Tailor I discovered quickly it was near impossible to level both at same time without farming/spending a fortune on fine mats so I focused on artificing. I'm able to churn out green weapons regularly that are better than the drops I get and the armour is just a mish mash of zone completion rewards, random drops and stuff i've been sent from a friend who blitzed his way to 80

Right now (~lvl 40) I'm getting most of my stuff from the TP. I can get exactly what I want and it's not very expensive either. Sometimes I even manage to craft an upgrade. If I would use only dropped stuff I would be a lot less powerfull and would probably die more often, which can get really expensive.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Never got items on the TP, I only use it to level crafting professions. Honestly, I think traits have a much greater importance than your weapon's stats. It's convenient to have the stats you want, but it won't make much of a difference either way. As long as it's the good weapon type and roughly on par with your level, it'll work just fine.

When you get to 80 and thus stop outleveling your gear, then it might be worth investing in a proper kit, but before then? Nah.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    When you get to 80 and thus stop outleveling your gear, then it might be worth investing in a proper kit, but before then? Nah.
    At 38 I got full set of armor/weapons for around 7 silver. Not much of an investment considering I replaced some level ~24 stuff As a bonus I now look 48% more gentlemanish.

People keep saying that the end game karma things are crazy expensive and you shouldn't 'waste' karma. But we are talking skins right? Not functionally better than crafted items or drops?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    People keep saying that the end game karma things are crazy expensive and you shouldn't 'waste' karma. But we are talking skins right? Not functionally better than crafted items or drops?
    Yup, skins. All level 80 exotics/legendaries have the same amount of stats. Just spread differently.

I'm a level 55 necro but most of my armor are still level 33-40. I haven't upgraded in ages since I value the sigil that's imbedded in my armor rather than the defense boost I will get. Seeing as my condition necro can kite mobs 5 levels above him with no problem I don't see the need to upgrade yet.

For the weapons, its a diff story since I regularly receive loots in that department.

Also I really like the look of my headgear that even if I upgrade, I will transmute this.
    Add me: Steam, Raptr: mnem

If you really want to level your crafting I think the best technique I stumbled across is to level as far as you can by refining stuff and then use the discovery pane for push on. I managed to get my huntsman up past level 100 this way quite quickly but my leatherworking is stuck around level 40 due to a lack of fine materials.

I'm also finding that although I don't die too easily, it takes me a long time to kill stuff, so definitely need some new weapon drops.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    The rare salvage kits, which cost 15s I think are really worthwhile for recycling runes/sigils. They work 80% of the time and mean that you shouldn't be worried about equipping random found items and pulling extra runes out of green gear.

Network Hub
    For runes I really want, I use black lion company salvage kits I get from chests, when keys drop from fompleting areas or whatever. 2 salvage kits are 30 uses, way more than I'll possibly need.

I haven't had a key drop for ages (think I've only had 2 ever), I've got about 11 locked black lion chests - which is quite frustrating.
    does anyone know if you can get keys out of the mystic forge?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I haven't had a key drop for ages (think I've only had 2 ever), I've got about 11 locked black lion chests - which is quite frustrating.
    does anyone know if you can get keys out of the mystic forge?
    I doubt it, but then again a lot of stuff is not known about the forge. Also you can always trade gold for gems and buy them from the gemstore.

Network Hub
    I don't think getting out of your way to get keys is worth any effort. I got 2-3 keys too, maybe from story missions, maybe from clearing zones, I don't remember, but the drops from the chests are largely garbage. The only reason I haven't sold all my locked chests is because the current 2c a piece market value is way too low. I'd sell them for 50c a piece, though.

I don't think getting out of your way to get keys is worth any effort. I got 2-3 keys too, maybe from story missions, maybe from clearing zones, I don't remember, but the drops from the chests are largely garbage. The only reason I haven't sold all my locked chests is because the current 2c a piece market value is way too low. I'd sell them for 50c a piece, though.
    Black Lion Salvage Kits are not garbage. I think it's the only useful drop from the chest though

Network Hub
    Yes, it's the ONLY useful drop (well, and repair canisters), and it's not even guaranteed. All in all, not that great at all. Just nice enough to use the keys if you find them, but not enough to go looking for them specifically. YMMV.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Yes, it's the ONLY useful drop (well, and repair canisters), and it's not even guaranteed. All in all, not that great at all. Just nice enough to use the keys if you find them, but not enough to go looking for them specifically. YMMV.
    Revive orbs, repair canisters, black lion salvage kits and gathering equipment, and black lion keyes. I don't really see those as not useful.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Network Hub
    They never dropped for me, that might make me biased.