Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zanchito View Post
    They never dropped for me, that might make me biased.
    Biased human is normal.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    . . . but my leatherworking is stuck around level 40 due to a lack of fine materials.
    Same here. I'm finding Leatherworking to be a pain in the arse. I might switch to Jeweler instead
    Guild Wars 2: Infiltrator Dan / Cutthroat Dan / Vile Dan / Fervent Dan

Im a leatherworker + jeweler. I find them about equally as good/bad.

Crafting so far I think is a waste of time. It takes an insanely long time and number of items to start making things you and other players can actually use.

I'm hoarding all my karma for late game because the prices for the very best stuff runs in the 30,000 range and haven't bought a weapon or piece of armor from a merchant or marketplace seller yet.

As far as I can tell equipment isn't a problem. Improved gear has dropped from enemies enough to keep me reasonably outfitted. 99% of my troubles come from being outnumbered instead of outgunned.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Obscure Node
    Make sure to take part in the dynamic event chains (as opposed to the hearts) all the way to the end. Often they unlock vendors that exist for a short time with good cheap (money not karma) gear. If it's an event chain with an NPC in it follow them after the event completes successfully they sometimes become a vendor, even if you have to go halfway across the map behind them before it happens.

Also the big chains (I forget the name, the ones with the special indicator on your screen) sometimes drop resplendent chests which tend to have 2 blues of your level as a minimum. Some of these can be repeated pretty much every time the sequence cycles.

Jump puzzles (generally one or more per zone) also end with chests (usually, damn you griffinrook run) that have gear in them as do the zone completion rewards on occasion.

Network Hub
    Indeed, Shoop. It takes a longer time, and I also see it somewhat a waste of time. You have to level up as the crafting levels are known to be grouped into ranks, and there are requirements that you need to meet before you will be able to craft a certain component item.

No choice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Once I understood how crafting worked, I hit a stride where I can level crafting faster than my guildies can level, so I'm succeeding by giving them gear at certain milestones.

Interesting tidbit: There's actually a fairly good market for low level yellow (rare) gear, not to mention bags, and between the discoveries (six discoveries per "upgrade" - ie: adding a stat or stats to armor - thanks to each piece of armor counting as its own discovery, with six kinds of upgrades for various types of armor stats and three tiers of upgrades - fine, masterwork, rare - per tier of materials means over a hundred discoveries per tier, which is five times what you need to get to the next tier) and the churn to run through your backlog of materials (basic materials are dirt cheap if you haven't already stockpiled them) leveling is extremely quick.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

So again, it's a system that the game doesn't tell you much of anything about?

While I appreciate the lack of step-by-step hand holding, there are some things that need to be covered somewhere or new players are going to be totally lost. Especially me who hasn't ever played a retail MMO RPG before.

I am going to sit in a corner and scream for a full five minutes now.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    So again, it's a system that the game doesn't tell you much of anything about?

While I appreciate the lack of step-by-step hand holding, there are some things that need to be covered somewhere or new players are going to be totally lost. Especially me who hasn't ever played a retail MMO RPG before.

I am going to sit in a corner and scream for a full five minutes now.
    You haven't heard anything yet: Try the prevailing theories on how to make money fast on the Trading Post. At least crafting as a system is static.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    now the market is flooded with them.
    i agree. it's now more difficult to find someone willing to give you some few silver for rare weapons. crafting can still be interesting though if you're after the fun than actually worrying about the numbers.

Network Hub
    Well, considering the hardships they have been through in obtaining those silver, only few are kind enough to share those to others. Crafting isn't that bad at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Magic Find is a godsend for fine crafting materials. I've increased my chances by 5% and it has really made a difference (although totems are still hard to come by). The downside is the number of Warhammers and Tridents I keep picking up which are no use to me.

Network Hub
    Yeah. Working so hard to find ways to increase my magic find stat. The more the items you salvage, the greater the chance to increase the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by harhis23 View Post
    Yeah. Working so hard to find ways to increase my magic find stat. The more the items you salvage, the greater the chance to increase the stat.
    Oh my, another one of those.

I must say that I've found my WoW method of equipping while levelling perfectly fine, basically I don't buy anything and just use what I find, craft or get given as rewards. I will admit that my jewelry is probably 40 levels old by now, but I haven't noticed killing stuff getting any harder and I've got a wodge of cash in the bank. I seem to level so quickly without really trying that it seems a waste to try and get the best at any particular level, I've not even really bothered with using gems and round thingies to improve my gear.