Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b0rsuk View Post
    Not to mention her legs are 2/3 of her body. Ridiculous proportions.
    You've never seen a woman naked, have you?

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    still there is a bulge on her chestplate. what for?
    So her b00bz0rz aren't in terrible pain? Hopefully the dude has a little room in his crotch so his b@LLz0rZ aren't smooshed to oblivion, either.

Incidentally, I just gave away all of my passwords.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    the cloth between her legs would also be very troublesome
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

Do heavy Armour and guns actually go together? I thought it became useless once guns became a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackShandy View Post
    Do heavy Armour and guns actually go together? I thought it became useless once guns became a thing.
    Maybe it's special armour. Like body armour. You know that thing police use to not die from being shot. It's made from magic metal. Or something!

And besides, she has both, so the armour protects her from blades while the gun shoots dead the bandit in no armour

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Not necessarily as long as you still can get in melee range ;) Also there are other factors like effecitve range. It could be very simple guns which don't shoot very far and/or have a huge impact force reduction after a certain range etc. There are plenty of explanations. And if all of them fail there is still magic ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Guns are fairly rare in the setting, according to the devs. If she's got one, it's quite likely she's the only firearms wielder in the room. Also, no - early guns weren't able to penetrate plate very well.

Oldschool rpg? I'm waiting for it! I just hope the wizards will have so many spells as in the baldur's gate etc. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The guns mean she's probably a wizard hunter. I've always had the impression that early guns against plate were kind of 50/50, but the real advantage was that you didn't have to be a well trained archer to use them. If a plate could be magically hardened or lightened so a knight could carry a thicker plate, guns suddenly become a losing proposition.

In the technology page they say something along these lines:
    Largely considered complex curiosities, these weapons are not employed extensively by military forces. Their long reload times are considered a liability in battles against foes that are too monstrous to drop with a single volley, foes that fly or move at high speed, and foes that have the power of invisibility. Despite this, some individuals do employ firearms for one specific purpose: close range penetration of the arcane veil, a standard magical defense employed by wizards.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    The guns mean she's probably a wizard hunter. I've always had the impression that early guns against plate were kind of 50/50, but the real advantage was that you didn't have to be a well trained archer to use them. If a plate could be magically hardened or lightened so a knight could carry a thicker plate, guns suddenly become a losing proposition.
    Not necessarily. If plate can be magically hardened, then you can do the same for guns. Magically harden the barrel so you can cram more powder in and get more punch per shot. Enchant a bullet to punch through things. Just because guns are more overtly technological doesn't mean you can't apply magic to them just as easily. This doesn't seem to be arcanum 2, after all :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    So her b00bz0rz aren't in terrible pain
    they wouldn't be? armours are not skin tight you know? unless she is carring d cup (which she would not as a soldier) the chestplate should be flat to deflect blows properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Guns are fairly rare in the setting, according to the devs. If she's got one, it's quite likely she's the only firearms wielder in the room. Also, no - early guns weren't able to penetrate plate very well.
    it was a sign of good plate if it was damaged but not penetrated by bullet.
    Last edited by Lukasz; 28-09-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    they wouldn't be? armours are not skin tight you know? unless she is carring d cup (which she would not as a soldier) the chestplate should be flat to deflect blows properly.
    Amazing. A sexist argument against sexism in games!

Network Hub
    You have to fight fire with fire, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Amazing. A sexist argument against sexism in games!
    lol what?

how the hell was that sexist?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Actually, studies have shown that men and women DO have different torsos. I am sure the US military has already spent a few billion dollars on said research :p
    Seriously though, it was in a few of the tech email newsletters I get a few weeks back. A quick google yields http://www.deltaworld.org/internatio...f-vests-women/

The armor probably doesn't need to be THAT pronounced, but it does make very good sense for a bit of a larger bulge in the boobular region for women and a bit of a larger bulge for a man's Grayson.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    lol what?

how the hell was that sexist?
    The bit where you said large-chested women couldn't be soldiers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Actually, studies have shown that men and women DO have different torsos. I am sure the US military has already spent a few billion dollars on said research :p
    Seriously though, it was in a few of the tech email newsletters I get a few weeks back. A quick google yields http://www.deltaworld.org/internatio...f-vests-women/

The armor probably doesn't need to be THAT pronounced, but it does make very good sense for a bit of a larger bulge in the boobular region for women and a bit of a larger bulge for a man's Grayson.
    Not really. I mean if you read the article the biggest changes are making it closer fitting across the torso and shoulders so that it isn't so loose and slamming into them, resulting in bruises and less secure equipment. The complaint is that it's too big and doesn't fit. This doesn't lead to 'thus women need armour that's a little looser across the chest' at all. It in fact says the exact opposite.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    It tends to be glossed over, but plate armour and firearms actually coexisted for quite some time. Indeed, a common strategy in the 16th and 17th century was equipping knights in armour with pistols, having them ride up to the enemy troops and shoot them at point-blank range. Once a knight had made use of all his firearms, he would continue fighting with a melee weapon. Cuirassiers are a classic example of this combat style.

Generally speaking, early firearms were too weak and inaccurate to reliably penetrate plate armour. Use of armour didn't decline until the 18th century, when guns became stronger and mobility more important.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    The bit where you said large-chested women couldn't be soldiers.
    Breasts are mostly fat tissue. a soldier's life is very demanding and having big fat on one chest is not compatible.

a big fat barbarian mother of 5 is a different cup of tea but young slim looking woman would not have big breasts unless she is a princess and got forced recently to become a soldier. even then a bit of squish on breast would not be an issue.

nothing sexist here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Not really. I mean if you read the article the biggest changes are making it closer fitting across the torso and shoulders so that it isn't so loose and slamming into them, resulting in bruises and less secure equipment. The complaint is that it's too big and doesn't fit. This doesn't lead to 'thus women need armour that's a little looser across the chest' at all. It in fact says the exact opposite.
    It says that women have different needs in terms of armor.

And if you cinch the waist, you emphasize the bosom.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.