Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Can you go through Bioshock without killing anyone? I mean the fact that Dishonored does let you do that, distinguishes a fair amount.

In this order:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    Natural Selection 2
    Black Mesa
    X COM
    Dishonored

I'm looking forward to X-Com but I think I'll end up buying it during the Christmas sale, it's just too expensive for me right now
    SADFACE

Banned
    It's astounding how many people here are interested in X-COM.

Have you no shame?

Obscure Node
    A game that I can find little information on but has still managed to interest me is "Omerta - City of Gangsters". The description thats floating around on the various gaming sites there is info is:

"Omerta: City of Gangsters is a simulation game with tactical turn-based combat. Taking the role of a fresh-from-the-boat immigrant, with dreams of the big life, the player will work his way up the criminal hierarchy of 1920's Atlantic City. Starting with small jobs, his character recruits a gang and expands his empire by taking territory from other gangsters. Eventually he establishes his own crime syndicate and becomes the de facto ruler of Atlantic City.

The player strategically manages his business and his minions in a real-time format, slowly but steadily increasing his influence over the city. The player sends his henchmen out on missions ranging from assassinating an informant, to raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank, or attacking a rival gang's hideout. Nobody is above the law in Atlantic City, so it always helps to have a little cash handy to bribe a policeman or pay off a politician.

The turn-based combat in Omerta - City of Gangsters focuses on the tactical command of The Boss and his henchmen. Cover and stealth are essential parts of any shootout in the game. Finding the best vantage point to gun down an enemy, while taking cover from a hailstorm of bullets, can be just as satisfying as sneaking quietly behind a foe and taking him down."

I just like the idea of being able to create my own Boardwalk Empire & it reminds me of a game I'm fairly sure was called "Gangsters" from back in my youth which brings back faint but very fond memories. Pretty sure it's out at the end of September.
    Last edited by VodKerr; 11-09-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to Hitman Absolution tbh. Down with BL2, Dishonored & XCom as well, but I'm quite keen on checking out 47s latest adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    It's astounding how many people here are interested in X-COM.

Have you no shame?
    How about you elaborate there buddy, or are you confusing the firaxis game with the 2K one? The Firaxis one looks pretty decent.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Both previous original Arkane games, Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah, had great gameplay. Bioshock's they just inherited from 2K.
    You and me remember the gameplay in Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah completely differently. In both games the ideas where the interesting part, while the execution was severely lackluster. At least that's how I remember them.

With that said I can't help but get excited about Dishonored. I love the Deus Ex-like game design, and I really hope that Dishonored pulls it off.

The other game that will probably eat away at my days is XCOM.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Far Cry 3 multiplayer, it is demoed to be a good combination of tactics and fast-pace actions. In other words, great mix of Battlefield and COD.

But you guys seems not to appreciate it that much, makes me worry about its player count.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
    Black Mesa
    X COM
    Dishonored
    War of the Roses
    Game of Dwarves
    FTL
    Borderlands
    Hawken
    Maybe AssCreed depending on reviews (Boston!)

Eventually, of course.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    How about you elaborate there buddy, or are you confusing the firaxis game with the 2K one?
    It seems that I totally am.

In my defense, what kind of marketing genius thought about releasing two games with exactly the same name? From the same publisher, no less?

I think both UFO games look great.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Well, the shooter's titled XCOM, and the strategy game is called XCOM: Enemy Unknown, tecnically.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Anyhow, now that there's a proper XCOM remake in the works I feel freed to be much more interested in the FPS. The early stuff looked like they had some very cool ideas, although more recent stuff made it seem like it was getting watered down to a bit more of a cover shooter. I haven't heard anything in a while, so I'm hoping that those neat ideas are still present.

Anticipation: XCOM. Mostly XCOM. I'd love to play GW2, but I don't have the computer for it, so it'll have to wait until my aging machine dies so I can justify a new one. I'll undoubtedly get Torchlight 2 at some point, but I think I'll hold off, since I'm still playing Diablo 3 on and off and having fun with it.

I look forward to the Steam Autumn sale where I will quite possibly buy a lot of things and then never have the intention of playing or even installing half of them.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    But you guys seems not to appreciate it that much, makes me worry about its player count.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Far Cry 3 will most likely outsell every other game in this thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    In no particular order: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, Assassin's Creed 3 (though I'll wait with buying this), and GRID 2 (no clear releasedate, but said to be 2012).

Otherwise still playing through the games bought during the Steam July sale!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Borderlands 2. I'm honestly worried about the sheer amount of time I know I'll happily throw into the pit that is this game...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I look forward to the Steam Autumn sale where I will quite possibly buy a lot of things and then never have the intention of playing or even installing half of them.
    I'm pretty happy with myself so far. I'm about halfway through the games that I bought in the Summer sale. By the time the Autumn sale starts, I may actually be ready for it.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by VodKerr View Post
    "Omerta - City of Gangsters" ... Pretty sure it's out at the end of September.
    OOOOhhhhhh, I hope so. This looks like a wonderfully sick treat.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    HOTLINE MIAMI

It's the only game I'm going to buy on release, no matter what my backlog is telling me.

Other games I'm interested in but will hold off on for backlog reasons:
    XCOM
    Dishono(u)red

I already have FTL because Kickstarter, and now it's only a week until I can actually run it.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...