Activated Node

Inquisitor, Who's Played it?

I was very interested in this RPG pre-release and planned to buy it on the day of release but upon pulling up the GoG page where I was going to buy it I noticed some discouraging reviews. So firstly, is this a clickfest hack and slash like Diablo or is it more like the Infinity Engine games? Secondly, I see comparisons drawn to old school RPGs, but would that be more like BG2 etc or more like pre-BG1 games? What was your overall impression of the game?

There are a couple of RPS pieces out on it, but I didn't even realize it was out in English yet: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/inquisitor/

Sounds promising and the Czech release got a lot of positive reviews.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    It was released on GOG yesterday. I haven't had a chance to try it out myself but the general consensus so far seems to be that it's deliberately old-school, with all the good and bad that entails. I'll probably play it over the weekend and write a more detailed review.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Probably more similar to Divine Divinity. I have only fought bats so far so can't comment too much on the combat, you can however pause the game and issue an order. Not a fully featured pause and go system but it does help because the combat is a bit frantic, at least for me.

Haven't gotten too far into it, but enjoying it so far. People say there are a lot of dungeon crawling which they dont like, but I havent gotten that far yet.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I played it a bit and it seems to be kinda good. I think you really have to try it out yourself in order to conclude if it suits your taste. Also, be prepared to read loads of text.
    Last edited by NecroKnight; 09-09-2012 at 08:01 PM.

All gamers become excited if they now that there was a new RPG games that release, of course as a gamer, we really feel happy if we play exciting and new games especially with a high definition graphics.