Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Missions

Network Hub

New Missions

If you have a mission you have been working on, it is often hard to get it tested properly and into the rotation for TTs and FS. The purpose of this thread is to make this process easier, all you need to do is put the file on mediafire and post in this thread. Criteria that need to be met below

Test it for basics first. It would be nice, even if it doesn't work as expected, if people get to shoot things in a TTesque manner.

Name it properly. Folk naming scheme is rather helpful, if it really isn't a Folk mission use this - http://www.herosquad.org/arma2/new-missions/ (increase version numbers with each release)

Your post should be like so

Name: What your mission is called
    Filename: What the PBO is, it helps me find them
    Players: This is number of rough number of people for a good playtest. The max number should be above
    Island: Cherna/taki etc
    Premise: A quick one liner add anything extra re scripts etc here too.

Example

Name: Midnight Riders
    Filename: [co07]midnight_riders_v4_oa
    Players: 3 or so
    Island: Zargabad
    Premise: Heli insert at the villa to secure evidence and eliminate aziz. Vehicle respawn and BAF assets.

LINK TO DL!

We can then have a look at a mission after the TT session hopefully with a few people still around. If everything works okay then we know we can use it in sessions from then on. If things don't quite work we can re-add it to this thread and retry it.

If your mission gets played after TT then create a [Mission] <Your mission name> thread on the forum for discussion about it.
    Last edited by fer; 11-09-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Name: Airfare
    Filename: fkco_CO67_Airfare_v1.Chernarus
    Players: 20 plus
    Island: Chernarus
    Premise: Takistani assault on Vybor airfield.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qj81erkgno....Chernarus.pbo

This is one I've been making for a while. A (hopefully) interesting mechanic is the delayed arrival of enemy (machine gun only) helos after 20 minutes of play, as either a stimulus for the CO to finish fast, and avoid dragging it out, or as a mopping up force that should stop the mission from over-running too much.
    Last edited by StrangLove; 13-09-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Name:TankiciousV2
    Filename: fkco_adv78_Tankicious_V2.Chernarus
    Players: 20 should be fine, since it is an adv the important thing is balance between the numbers.
    Premise:Self explanatory, but the twist here is that you have control over some AI tanks in addition to your tank.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rau0lvahc2qta7r

P.S We played this one time pre-TT in Takistan with T-55's, but now it's in Chernarus with T-34's, people seemed to like it as it was generally fun.

Obscure Node
    Name: Ambuscade v1
    Filename:
    i44_coop_Ambuscade_1-10_v1-0.Carraigdubh
    Players:
    10 although should be able to get by with at least 4 or 5
    Island:
    Carraigdubh
    Premise:
    A remake/port of Ambush to the Carraigdubh map. Ambush 3 Panzers and accompanying infantry with a small squad of British Commandos.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/105637346/i44_coop_Ambuscade_1-10_v1-0.Carraigdubh.rar
    This is for the sModgasbord server and requires i44 and Carraigdubh.

EDIT, Changed name to match server. Fixed DL link.
    Last edited by jRides; 23-09-2012 at 02:47 AM.

Activated Node
    Name: Friend or Faux
    Filename: fkco_adv87_friend_or_faux_v1.Takistan
    Players: 5 people absolutely needed, although 20 should be about what we need to have fun
    Island: Takistan
    Premise: A proof of concept / Beta test on a "mole" feature. Not crucial to that mission, but i have other in the boxes that will rely heavily on this if it works. Basically, a prisoner transport / rescue ambush mission.
    Contains a few basic custom scripts.

Dropbox link

I intend to make an ACRE version of this, if the playercounts go up a tad.
    Last edited by Black Mamba; 16-09-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Obscure Node
    Name: Zargabad Safari v5
    Filename:
    [co15]Zargabad_safari_v5_co.Zargabad.pbo
    Players:
    15 although 4-5 (as in the original mission) would be enough.
    Island:
    Zargabad
    Premise: Chose your weapons then enter Zargabad, and kill everything that moves.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/105637346/%5Bco15%5DZargabad_safari_v5_co.Zargabad.rar

A remake of the Zargabad v4 mission already on the server, but allows for more people, also removes the sepia tint and enables the sandstorm effects that don't appear to be working in v4. Hawk-Silk also enabled the MS-2000 strobes for night missions.

Edit#1: Updated name to reflect naming on the server.
    Edit#2: Fixed link.
    Last edited by jRides; 24-09-2012 at 03:15 AM.

Activated Node
    Name: fkco_adv69_police_rescue_v2
    Filename: fkco_adv69_police_rescue_v2.Zargabad
    Players: Preferably 20+
    Premise: Adversarial mission in which US Blufor attempt to rescue some Independent policemen hiding somewhere (randomly determined) within the ruins of Zargabad, while Takistani Militia Opfor try to find and kill the policemen first.

It is on the ARPS server.
    Last edited by kalelovil; 18-09-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Activated Node
    Name: [I44]COOP26_Jedburgh_Ambush_v7
    Filename:
    [I44]COOP26_Jedburgh_Ambush_v6.I44_Merderet
    Mod:Invasion 1944
    Players:
    10+
    Island:
    Merderet
    Premise:
    British paratroopers land behind enemy territory, ambush a small German armoured convoy, and then escape back to friendly territory.

Edit: Updated link to v7
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vp0h92e75wju635

Last edited by kalelovil; 22-09-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Updated

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Name: fkco_co61_RollingMatryoshka
    Filename:
    fkco_co61_RollingMatryoshka_v1.Chernarus
    Mod: Arma2 CO
    Players:
    Island:
    Chernarus
    Premise:
    Russian motorized platoon advances against CDF, fortified in Palano and Gorka. Atm. mechanized support in form of two BMP3s (no HE for autocannon), might consider adding stronger armor after initial attempts.

Name: fkco_adv122_Goosechase
    Filename:
    fkco_adv122_Goosechase_v2.Chernarus
    Mod: Arma2 CO
    Players:
    Island:
    Chernarus
    Premise:
    A take on the classic FOLK adversarial HOSTAGE, this mission sees Insurgents trying to get up to three hostages to Russian camps. USMC, provided with helicopters and ground vehicles, are to stop them. A constant ping is giving away the rough location of the hostages to help USMC locate them.

Activated Node
    Name: fkco_adv131_walkyries_ride
    Filename: fkco_adv131_walkyries_ride_v1.Chernarus
    Players: A dozen should be alright for technical testing purposes.
    Premise: Airborne assault to free some hostages. A little custom stuff in here. Some issues i'm not sure exist on a dedicated server.
    PsyOps version with music to come soon.
    DropBox link

Name: fkco_hc87_utes_landing
    Filename: fkco_hc87_utes_landing_v1.utes
    Players: 4 minimum, although this one is intended for high playercounts.
    Island: Utes
    Premise: A new concept of mission, somewhere along the lines of the aiXX type missions. Here only two players control the OPFOR via the High Command module.
    Would go better with an in-game briefing after the notes have been read. (pre mission teleporting can take some time for the OPFOR guys, BLUFOR can use that to do the briefing).
    DropBox link

Obscure Node
    Name: Combat Extreme: The railyard (coop 30)
    Filename: co_30_cex_railyard.Chernarus.pbo
    Players: 1-30
    Island: Cherna
    Premise: The first and only "replayable traumatic sniper experience(tm)" where the players are on the wrong end of the sniping.

Longer description:

An up to 30 player coop against an extremely cunning and very outnumbered enemy. You will (depending on the difficulty parameters) never encounter more than 2-7 enemies. So in case you play this alone, or with up to 4 friends in one squad, you will never encounter more than 2-3 enemies. This may sound a bit empty, however due to combining hand picked locations and a high level of randomization in selecting these locations, the enemy may hide in over 43 different places.
    The actual mission objective is to simply put a satchel next to an abandoned LAV-25 HQ which is parked on the railyard in Eletrozavodsk.

In short, this is basically your own personal traumatic urban sniper drama in ARMA2, which you can play over and over again.

Download:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-%28coop-30%29

The mission length should be 10-30 minutes, depending on difficulty, which can be scaled in the parameters.

Activated Node
    Name: fkco_hc74_wideola_v1.Chernarus
    Filename: fkco_hc74_wideola_v1.Chernarus
    Players: Y'all know Wideola by now.
    Premise: A retake on Fer's instant classic British butchering. This one's been designed to test the new hcXX missions in a known environment. Only two guys are required to man the OPFOR side.

DropBox link

Activated Node
    Name: fkco_adv64_defenceindepth_v3
    Filename: fkco_adv64_defenceindepth_v3.Chernarus
    Players: 20 or more.
    Premise: Well-armed Blufor try to eliminate less well-armed independent forces occupying Devil's Castle. Adversarial infantry mission with MMGs the only possible attachments. There are some possible surprises for Blufor related to explosives and flares.

Uploaded to Server.
    Last edited by kalelovil; 30-10-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Activated Node
    To whomever is hosting today's Tactical Tuesday session;

fkco_adv69_police_rescue_v3.Zargabad & fkco_adv120_river_dispute_v3.Zargabad have both been tested in previous Tactical Tuesday sessions (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...October-Dam-it , http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Chernarus-Days) and are ready to enter rotation.

Additionally, there is a new version of defenceindepth to upload for testing purposes, v3: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...Chernarus-Days
    Last edited by kalelovil; 30-10-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Activated Node

Republican Revolution

Name: fkco_adv82_rep_revolution
    Filename: fkco_adv82_rep_revolution.takistan
    Players: I'd recommend at least 14 for a test (2 effective fireteams on either side, plus VIPs)
    Premise: UN must get the VIPs to safety along a fairly linear route. Takistan Army must kill the VIPs.

This is my first mission. As such, many things may not be up to scratch. Please feel free to take a look at it and send me some feedback before putting it in for testing.

Thanks to Wolfenswan / Harraka for helping me with the snippet of code needed for linking player names and Hawk-Silk for general Arma editing advice.

Run by two tests now with a few changes made. Thanks to everyone who helped after I44/Folk.

Download http://d.pr/f/x6BN
    Last edited by SpecialSoup; 29-10-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Activated Node
    Name: fkco_co65_blackfolk_down_v3.Zargabad
    Filename: fkco_co65_blackfolk_down_v3.Zargabad
    Players: A lot.
    Premise: A new version of this mission as the last play was pretty boring. This one should hopefully be a lot more difficult and keep us on our toes.

DropBox link

Name: fkco_co86_no_man_behind_v1.Chernarus
    Filename:
    fkco_co86_no_man_behind_v1.Chernarus
    Players:
    At least 20to enjoy it a minimum, 2 to beta test functionality
    Island:
    Chernarus
    Premise:
    An old mission I was working on. Probably very close to what Poctalon and jolly green are (fully dynamic CSAR mission in Chernarus). Maybe too hardcore, maybe not enough. Hard to tell when testing solo. I'll probably come up with a Takistani version.

DropBox link
    Last edited by Black Mamba; 28-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Activated Node
    Name: Last Man Standing
    Filename: fkco_ai76_Last_Man_Standing_v1.Takistan
    Players: The more the merrier.
    Premise: Another mission in the line of No Man Behind. A takistani platoon has two huey pilots and must escape an hostile area. Fully randomized, contains a few custom scripts and the ability to switch groups. Up to ten players lead enemy AI into combat.
    I might come up with a Chernarussian version.

DropBox Link

Activated Node
    Name: No Negotiation
    Filename:
    fkco_co74_no_negotiation_v4.Chernarus
    Players:
    24+
    Island:
    Chernarus
    Premise:
    Co-op mission in which Takistani militia must engage in urban combat against fortified UN infantry in Chernagorsk in order to eliminate two high value targets. Choice between Mi-8 and Ural insertion.

On Server.
    Last edited by kalelovil; 09-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Activated Node
    Name: Cow Herding
    Filename: fkco_adv78_cow_herding
    Players: 18+
    Premise: Adversarial Mission. Cow herders attempt to bring their herd from the western side of the map to Nagara, while the poachers try to kill all the herders or their cattle. Not sure how much fun this will be in practice.

Being revised.
    Last edited by kalelovil; 20-11-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Activated Node
    Name: fkco_co66_cleanup_operation_v9
    Filename: fkco_co66_cleanup_operation_v9.Chernarus
    Players: 6+
    Premise:
    A US Platoon has to locate a downed C130, clear the area of hostiles, then defend the c130 against incoming enemy forces while data is transfered and finally destroy any remaining evidence before evacuating back to base. C130 position, US starting airfield and the directions are timing of enemy attacks are mostly random. Mission dynamically scales to player count. Inspired by Wolfenswan's Poctalon.

On Server.
    Last edited by kalelovil; 09-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.