Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar

Bayonetta/Vanquish Dev visits Valve. Hope...?

https://twitter.com/PG_inaba/statuse...96927671562240
    http://pics.Steam.com/s/240187207
    http://i.imgur.com/qB4hF.png

I'm a HUGE fan of PlatinumGames, and find that their amazing games not reaching the PC one of this generation's great Gaming Tragedies.

You'd feel my pain if you grew up gaming on both PC and consoles, playing both western and import games. PlatinumGames is one of the few Japanese game developers standing that consistently release innovative, stylish, visually impressive and FUN games. Unfortunately, you will have to resort to playing on a lowly PS3/xbox360 at sub-par resolutions to experience them.

So, upon seeing tweeted photos of PlatinumGames producer Atsushi Inaba posing with GabeN .... well, my mind started imagining the possibilities. Could this be the moment us PC gamers have been waiting for? Or just a sight seeing tour?
    Oh, if only it was the start of Steam distribution negotiations!!!!!!!!!!

Come to Steam you pillars of awesomeness!!!!

I would love this. LOVE IT.

Banned
    Oh man I already can't wait for all the people who normally bash POPAMOLE and Gears of War MANSAUCE to tell me Vanquish is like, best game ever.

Big fan of Platinum here as well (and a HUGE fan of Valve), and I'm really looking forward to Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. However I wouldn't read too much in to this since Valve host other devs and videogame personalities all the time.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    Big fan of Platinum here as well (and a HUGE fan of Valve), and I'm really looking forward to Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. However I wouldn't read too much in to this since Valve host other devs and videogame personalities all the time.
    yeah, I'm assuming as much. Still, the fan in me can't help but speculate.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Vanquish... DARPA power armour, rocket boot slide attack, ridiculo-morpho-gun? I'd be up for that on PC, very much so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohorovicic View Post
    oh man i already can't wait for all the people who normally bash popamole and gears of war mansauce to tell me vanquish is like, best game ever.
    COVER SHOOTER WTF NOBODY USES COVER IN REAL LIFE SO UNREALISTIC THIS GAME SUCKS IT'S THE CANCER THAT'S KILLING GAMING.

EDIT: Oh come on RPS, why won't you let me type in allcaps unless I also type normally? You're not fair to me :(
    Last edited by soldant; 13-09-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Fixing stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Oh dear; please, Platinum, fly me to the moon, and I promise to double dip.

Bayonetta on my PC would be like a dream come true.

<3 Platinum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nintendo just announced during their Wii U conference: Bayonetta 2, A Wii U exclusive published by Nintendo.

I have 3/4 of their current games released in NA. Need to pick up Vanquish on the cheap still. Great games.

Maybe with the whole Steam TV think I might try to get some long cable to hook up my PC to the TV room and get a 360 game pad connector. Would not have to worry about getting new consoles right away if more of these games came out to PC.

Bayonetta2 WiiU exclusivity is to me, at the same time, a pain in the ass and a sign that the Mayans were right.

This is Nintendo we're talking about, when it comes to anything even remotely sexy they're worse than the inquisition, and now they're going to have Bayonetta, a character that goes so far as saying she should've been a pole dancer, a character that almost never stops flaunting the sexyness of her body, exclusively on the system?

The end days are coming. Prepare yourself.

On a side note: I understand Nintendo is not only getting the exclusivity, they're also the ones actually financing the game, so Platinum visiting Steam or not, it will never see the light on our beloved PCs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    True, I think Bayonneta was essentially canceled earlier this year with no publisher. Thought it did well for SEGA (who also published Vanquished).

SEGA and Platinum struck a publishing deal before Platinum actually made any game that covered up to Anarchy Reigns. While Bayonetta didn't perform too badly, it wasn't near good enough for SEGA to be interested in a sequel, specially considering their current financial woes.

It actually appears as if Sega and Nintendo are co publishing. At least the trailer has Sega's logo on it too.

Guess Nintendo's money woo-ed them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Oh man I already can't wait for all the people who normally bash POPAMOLE and Gears of War MANSAUCE to tell me Vanquish is like, best game ever.
    To be fair, I'm seeing a lot more player movement in that 9:30 video posted than in the entire Gears of War series.

I'm interested enough to look for a demo now.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    To me, at least, Vanquish is fun, but it is nothing special. It looks pretty, but the gameplay ends up being rather generic unless you are shooting for the high score (at which point it is almost a puzzle game at times).

But I do think they would be perfect if owned by Valve. Their ideas and style combined with Valve's polish.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Obscure Node
    Dear lord who doesnt exist. please make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Bayonetta2 WiiU exclusivity is to me, at the same time, a pain in the ass and a sign that the Mayans were right.
    WTF? Hopefully the Dolphin devs can add Wii U emulation in under 4 years :( ....
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Ugh, please no. Enough of these crazy, WACKY japanese games that just recycle old conventions and add boobs and lasers to them.