Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar

Rico, Panau, Santosi: Just Cause 2 MP mod

So the Just Cause 2 MP mod is nearly properly here, it's time we got a group going. I created 'rockpapershot' just now (that's the best I could do with the character limit on group names) but who knows if it'll still be up when the beta is over. Try joining by typing "/f join rockpapershot" in the chat window (don't forget to disable the chat afterwards with F3 otherwise your brain will melt) and let's see what mayhem we can get up to.

edit: can't believe I missed that super obvious pun in the thread title... Slipping. Getting old.
    Last edited by neema_t; 14-12-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Normal J2MP is too chaotic (=I will not plan to play it randomly). But I totally see myself visiting RPS events. Stuff like everyone in a bus racing from the top of a mountain to see who can go to a beach faster/withouth exploding.

I will check this thread in the future.

I just logged on to check if the faction was available but it wasn't, so it made me leader. Oh well. The beta ends in five hours anyway, so we'll have to pick another server once the mod is released on 16-12.

Some helpful commands, for reference:

/localchat: toggle chat to only display players nearby - this is the first thing you do.
    /f join [factionname]: join faction, or create one
    /f list: list factions
    /f goto [playername]: teleports to a player in your faction
    /w [playername]: PM someone
    /fp: toggle first person perspective

You can find the rest in the F5 help menu.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Huh, weird, maybe the existing leader needs to be on at the same time. It doesn't really matter, though, if the leader doesn't want to lead then they can just transfer leadership to someone else. Can I suggest we use either Mumble or the RPS Steam chat to co-ordinate? If not, I think my in-game name is [BRD] neema_t, same as my Steam name.

Another useful command:

/tp [location name]: teleports to a specific location, hilarious locations include airport and racetrack.

Version 0.1.0 has been released, and there's a shit-ton of servers already. One of the early ones is RedCat's Freeroam Server, with a capacity for 200 players, so unless someone else has a better suggestion that seems like as good a place as any to get together.

Network Hub
    I had a quick go tonight, it's impoved by light years since I last played. I'm really looking forward to the factions type gameplay. I suppose a few weeks to let the dust settle will be good.

Also, if you don't have it yet, Just Cause 2 is 1.99 on Steam at the time of writing.

I'm astounded I forgot this was being released. Time to reinstall and check it out.

Obscure Node
    I posted this on the kindness thread but it seems no one there is interested, so I think here I might have a better chance: I have an extra copy of JC2 to gift, in case someone, or somefriend, is interested in playing. I'm talking to you, that is reading this thread, wishing you could join, if only you had that copy of JC2.

By the way, will RockPanauSantosi organize events like formation flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugamn View Post
    By the way, will RockPanauSantosi organize events like formation flight?
    Right now there's not a lot to organize, but if you want to pick a server, date and time to play on, be my guest! I already suggested one server but it's been taken offline in the mean time.

The Nerdcubed server is pretty popular and has all the bells and whistles, and I just spent another three hours there because it's too damn fun. So that one has my recommendation.