Secondary Hivemind Nexus QuantaCat's Avatar

Rock, Paper, Mars

Heyho,

I decided to buy Take On Mars today, since its only about 14, and had some fun. Anyone else up for a game or for sharing some wisdom? (its only P2P games for now, no dedicated servers.)

For activating a 3D printer that isnt installed yet, you have to grab it, then unholster your welder, then you can place it and it unfolds for you to be able to use it to build more stuff. Then, you need mining rigs to place somewhere, and connect containers to it for filling up. I havent figured out how to get Water yet, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it." - The Conclave

I've had it for a while but have only tried the single player stuff so far, like sending endless probes and the odd Mars rover to its death.

No idea what MP is like but would like to give it a go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus QuantaCat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I've had it for a while but have only tried the single player stuff so far, like sending endless probes and the odd Mars rover to its death.

No idea what MP is like but would like to give it a go.
    MP is like fiddly Arma survival. In a good way, fiddly. It desperately needs more survival elements, but you can build complex bases and stuff, and you have to make sure there are no leaks and shit, because wearing the astronaut suit is realistically bulky. (and annoying)

Coming up next will be refining mars water & rocks for oxygen, so you dont just automagically have atmosphere just because a space has no leaks, but have to mine and refine it. Also, its satisfyingly clunky in the way that you have to line up canisters to fit onto mining rigs or refineries or whatever, then transport it to wherever you are refining so you can get oxygen out of it.

Either way, its not that big a game, I suggest reinstalling and trying it out in singleplayer (you can do that with Scenarios > Multiplayer : [insert map name])

the problem is that its only Peer to Peer multiplayer, so it might be laggy, but everyone gets a save so you can always continue on your own then regroup later.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it." - The Conclave