Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Community Training - 24th March

TUES 24th MARCH - NC or TR
    Boffin's Fireteams and Pre-Cap training
    7:30pm GMT

Come join in to learn about fireteams within squads, pre-capping and how not to run around like a headless chicken when playing with a squad!

---

It's that time again!

Since this community training will happening after the Briggs ServerSmash we might be doing some specific relating to the outcome of the match.

However, we might not - so get posting below what you want to see for training or if you want to run something yourself!

Cheers,
    Vidi
    Last edited by Vidi; 24-03-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    More fire teams and leapfrogging.

I wouldn't mind seeing if we can get into a habbit of fire teams in larger squads. Currently we're mostly putting them in different squads, which makes it harder to implement during sgs. Bad!

I would also like to practice multi platoon play, so if someone could organise 96 peeps to be online at once, that would be great.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Fire teams would be nice but I think something on leadership would be good too. We (RPS) seem to have a slight problem finding people willing to lead.
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR, Cobalt) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

I'm quite nitpicky in forum discussions so be warned

We did leadership two weeks back with Cei, but not many turned up. No reason we can't do it again but we need both people who are motivated to lead and then also given the opportunity through the week (bonus if they can get an experienced second to get advice). SL / PL training needs a push from all sides.

Network Hub
    Difficult to do PL training if we don't have a platoon I suppose, maybe we could achieve that more reliably by linking up with other outfits when we hit live?

Won't be able to make this session, but I definitely want to host a session on Squad Cohesion somewhere in April.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    If we can do a few Squad Cohesion trainings/drills before April 18th that'd be good.

Otherwise for Tuesday can I suggest "PRE-CAPPING"
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I noticed a bit lacking discipline during a point hold the other week. I'm not sure I've organised my thoughts enough to hold a training, but I think a session on point holds, prep, and "why we fight" (area denial > kills) could be pretty useful.

Oh, and why vs maxes are better than nc maxes and why this is hard to exploit in biolabs.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

I'd be quite happy to run a "pre-smash" training at some point as well.
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In terms of the Smash, resource management/vehicle pulling and stepping up to do it came up a fair bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Maybe have a look at standardization.
    Steam: Dominicus

Can you clarify standardisation, Dom? Not sure what you mean there.

Grumps / Cephas - if you can let me know when you can / want to run trainings then I'll schedule it in. Would be good to get sorted asap with the next smash coming up.

For this week it looks like fireteaming and leapfrogging / pre-caps are what's wanted. I'm not entire sure how to teach this, so if anyone's up for running this let me know, otherwise stick your notes in the thread and I'll come up with something. We can include a bit on Boff's suggestion for volunteering / resource management as well as that should be a short thing.

Any preference for faction?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidi View Post
    Can you clarify standardisation, Dom? Not sure what you mean there.

Grumps / Cephas - if you can let me know when you can / want to run trainings then I'll schedule it in. Would be good to get sorted asap with the next smash coming up.

For this week it looks like fireteaming and leapfrogging / pre-caps are what's wanted. I'm not entire sure how to teach this, so if anyone's up for running this let me know, otherwise stick your notes in the thread and I'll come up with something. We can include a bit on Boff's suggestion for volunteering / resource management as well as that should be a short thing.

Any preference for faction?
    I'm happy to run it, I've been wanting to do something on fireteams for a while. Can fold in stuff about squad cohesion and door breaches fairly easily. If I think about it I can probably do the resource management as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    At the moment throwing a squad at a base feels like throwing a bucket of puppies or kittens. They run and crawl all over each other, as simply put no ones knows where to stand from a basic stand point. We just hope people find angles, positions and spread out evenly. With standardization you drill basic concepts from the ground up, so everyone has an understanding of what is expected.

For example, a simple double stack building with 2 stairs. First heavy on the list has priority on the pick of stairs. A second heavy moves to the second stairs. First medic on the list stays with heavy 1, second with heavy 2. Same goes for engineers.

Second example, SL ask for a sundy, then from the start it should be known who pulls one first. Not possible, you move to the second on the list.

So in the end you have a set of parameters from wich you build up. Parameters that shape a squad right from the start it is formed and help and guide newer people.
    Steam: Dominicus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    At the moment throwing a squad at a base feels like throwing a bucket of puppies or kittens. They run and crawl all over each other, as simply put no ones knows where to stand from a basic stand point. We just hope people find angles, positions and spread out evenly. With standardization you drill basic concepts from the ground up, so everyone has an understanding of what is expected.

For example, a simple double stack building with 2 stairs. First heavy on the list has priority on the pick of stairs. A second heavy moves to the second stairs. First medic on the list stays with heavy 1, second with heavy 2. Same goes for engineers.

Second example, SL ask for a sundy, then from the start it should be known who pulls one first. Not possible, you move to the second on the list.

So in the end you have a set of parameters from wich you build up. Parameters that shape a squad right from the start it is formed and help and guide newer people.
    Yep, I will include that kind of stuff

Thanks Boff - let me know what faction and time and I'll update the OP and the schedule thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't mind. Whatever we didn't do last time. Wait, what about TR?

I'll take April 14th for Pre-Smash training.

TR would be a nice faction this week.

Does this mean tuesday (tomorrow) is free for training? I was hoping for an NC tank training session to follow up the VS one.
    Pretty much all 3 of theze are NSFW sometimez. Also very political. Also I'm a prideful, boasting bee about a lot of stuff.

Twitter; https://twitter.com/Succubee94
    Steam; http://steamcommunity.com/id/SophiaButler/
    Tumblr; http://sophia-butler.tumblr.com/
    Ingame; SophiaButler VS, SophiaTraitler NC, SophiaBuTRler TR.

I think Boff is doing it? Isn't that what he meant above?

Yeah, tomorrow is booked for Boff. OP is updated.

Schedule is here.

Let me know if you want to reserve a date. That also goes for you Grumps.

Cheers,
    Vidi