Lesser Hivemind Node

[ALL] Dungeon of the endless free for another 22 hours

I played through one came with Xiorn earlier, and I wants moar.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

I got the game, haven't played it. It's also got a 50% off sale on steam. Checking it out now.

It's pretty nice, but the difficulty gap between "very easy" and "easy" is huge. Still, managed to lose nurse somethingsomething on floor 10 with the very easy setting. Also, I feel like minor modules don't actually do all that much.

The style is great though! Loving the pixelart and animation.

Network Hub
    giving this a bit of a go this morning liking it so far, thanks for pointing it out Grumpy
    GW2: fersumengin, Ulstermen, Hera Tempastatis
    Planetside 2: Fersumengin, (VS) Fersumengine (NC)
    Steam: Fersumengin
    Battlenet: rnc100#1317

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not at all relevant but I've been playing an ungodly amount of Endless Legend this weekend (also free for the weekend and 50% off on steam). It's really very good. : /

I'm currently trying out Dungeon of the Endless...It's a very interesting mix of Roguelike, Tower-Defense, and Ressource Management. I quite like it, even though my best result so far is Floor 3 (on Easy). I'm very much in the learning phase, as I'm still discovering some of the base mechanics.
    Last edited by Ksempac; 19-04-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    Looking for some game recommendations ? Follow my Steam curator list http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864124/

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    I'm currently trying out Dungeon of the Endless...It's a very interesting mix of Roguelike, Tower-Defense, and Ressource Management. I quite like it, even though my best result so far is Floor 3 (on Easy). I'm very much in the learning phase, as I'm still discovering some of the base mechanics.
    I'll quite dislike it then, eh Ksem?
    Elite: Dangerous - CMDR Dewi

Come play some World of Warcraft.
    Server: Darksorrow | Faction:Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    I'll quite dislike it then, eh Ksem?
    As per the usual Dewi-Ksem rule, probably

So, I've added another item in my backlog, and bought Dungeon of the Endless. My runs are getting better, I reached floor 8 (Easy difficulty again). I probably lost by trying to explore everything (and thus, generating huge mobs waves), instead of reaching the (known) exit. So I'm thinking that in latter floors, you don't want to over-explore...But i have to try things to be sure.

Interestingly enough, i managed to go to floor 8 despite losing 2 members and a bunch of ressources in floor 5 or 6. I managed to get back a full team fully equipped. I just poorly managed floor 7. So it's possible to get back on your feet even if you had a big setback.

Question for people playing multiplayer...How does it work ? Each player has its own character ? or everyone can control everything ?
    Last edited by Ksempac; 19-04-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    Looking for some game recommendations ? Follow my Steam curator list http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864124/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    hit us up if were in a dungeon miumble channel, the multiplayer is a much nicer experience than the single: You can blame deaths on other people.

Each player gets a share of resource income, each player controls between 0 an 4 heros, but usually 1 so each player gets one.
    Disclaimer:
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    hit us up if were in a dungeon miumble channel, the multiplayer is a much nicer experience than the single: You can blame deaths on other people.

Each player gets a share of resource income, each player controls between 0 an 4 heros, but usually 1 so each player gets one.
    I'm a co-op player, so i'm very much interested in multiplayer. However, i wanted to try it solo first, to get an idea on how you should play the game before going multiplayer. I didnt want a guy to tell me "this is the optimal strategy, do that because it's the only way to win".

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We have been experimenting, trying to find ways to stay alive. Shame you wheren't there for that.

Although we have settled on having a industry micromanager and a "researcher", and pooling industry and reaserch to those people. That does seem to be a no-brainer.
    Disclaimer:

So ever since i tried DoE, i only played in Easy mode. 2 days ago i had a soul crushing defeat on the 11th floor, due to my greediness,and opening one door too many.

So to go on a more positive note, i decided to check the "too easy" difficulty...first try, first victory. And it was an easy, boring one. I didn't lose a hero, i wasted ressources to grind achievements, i didn't feel much threatened. There was one ridiculous floor where i spent like 5 min with my heroes stacked in the escape room, and the monsters kept getting killed by my defenses before reaching me.

So I've learned my lesson, i will only play on Easy mode from now on. Unless i need to grind achievements, there is no point in playing Too Easy

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Try the other modes as well, they are interesting.
    Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Try the other modes as well, they are interesting.
    You mean the other ships? I do intend to try them, but since this is my first victory i only unlocked them with that latest game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    oh right I'd forgotten they're all locked at start.
    Disclaimer:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bunch of wusses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Bunch of wusses.
    ???

What was that?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Apologies, I was referring to Grumpy's wussy performance and refusal to turn the difficulty up last weekend. :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    ^^

I tried playing multiplayer on easy with my brother and friend, and found that the constant complaining about us dying at floor one was annoying. I only play on easy on single player currently.
    Disclaimer:

So, after that boring Too Easy victory, i went back to Easy...I decided to try an Armory run for the first time.

Well... it was a success. Victory, No attack on crystal, no hero lost. But damn was that 12th floor difficult. I was in a very nice position after floor #11, despite that, i still had some very close calls in floor 12. So i decided to make a run for it as soon as i could do it safely.

Lady Jolery Turak is definitely my favorite hero out of all the ones I've tried so far. She is almost OP. I've managed to win the Armory run with 3 heroes i hadnt used for the very easy run, but i had to take the lady again with me. So much versatility and sustain, it's hard to not use her.
    Last edited by Ksempac; Yesterday at 12:45 PM.