Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Just having a think about the NCTO links on Fridays, I've had a google for the NCTO and found a website but no forum topics of note on it or information as to how to get on their mumble/ts. For the last few weeks I figured it's a tiered entry kind of thing so despite signing up I just wouldn't be able to see anything particularly interesting there? Either way is there anyway we can get more of us on their ts channel? Every Friday we seem to have the same little interaction of Ayam saying he doesn't want to be comms and Waffly asking nicely for A just to go do it already... If we had various people taking it on we might be more likely to find someone who genuinely enjoys playing the part rather than doing it because it's needed? I have the vague recollection a couple of weeks ago Duke took it on?

Had a blast last night! Felt really bummed about having to bow out early, oh well!

I am at work listening to David Hasselhoff singing about FREEDOM. It's Friday baby!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Also just my two bits on the outfit size, I know I haven't been around too long but I really like the fact that when I log in I can put voices to everyones names... Played a couple of games with Edge via a friend and I really dislike the fact that they never really know who they play with, cliquey friend groups crop up and if you get in one that's great but otherwise it feels the same as playing with randoms except that you can clearly hear them talking... Not bad necessarily just different and not at all what I feel I get out of RTRS!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It was a good fight last night, and it proves. Platoon leadership is not something I exel at.

Also, I finally remember (thanks Onlylearning) to install teamspeak for the NCTO stuff. So I might be able to take the heavy load off Ayams shoulders. Need to set it all up properly though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I'll welcome you world of schizophrenia, Dominicus ^^
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

We'll try to figure out the teamspeak stuff tonight, I think I have privileges to allow you guys access and to get the rtrs barcode next to your names. I find the ncto an old boys' club for military fanboys which dulls my senses till you could use me as a footstool. They get stuff done though, for sure. The military callouts in your head will have you dangling from Jacob's ladder. As for last night, the fight at crux was excellent, glad I chose that over the ascent. Blitzing down 3 giraffes at a vehicle pad when they thought they had secured was my solo highlight.

Sorry Ayam I never meant to imply you kicked off about being comms on friday's, not really sure why it came out that way! I do still think that it'd do us all some good to play around with different people in different roles though? Vanstrak and Dom both did great jobs this evening post Waffly and I know I actually want to play around with being a proper squad leader for a bit, it's intriguing when I feel like it works... Anyway was a good if chilled evening today guys, thanks and ciao

Quote Originally Posted by Onlylearning View Post
    Sorry Ayam I never meant to imply you kicked off about being comms on friday's, not really sure why it came out that way!
    Nah man, I knew you didn't mean it that way I'm chuckling at last night because we turned into a horde of zombies, so I guess it's true that all multiplayer games that get successful enough have a horde mode, it's just we were the zombie horde last night

Network Hub
    hey everyone, sorry I missed Freedom fridays yesterday. Better luck next time I guess. I will be running the open continent drawl tommorow though (8 pm GMT), so I hope to see you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    We'll try to figure out the teamspeak stuff tonight, I think I have privileges to allow you guys access and to get the rtrs barcode next to your names. I find the ncto an old boys' club for military fanboys which dulls my senses till you could use me as a footstool. They get stuff done though, for sure. The military callouts in your head will have you dangling from Jacob's ladder. As for last night, the fight at crux was excellent, glad I chose that over the ascent. Blitzing down 3 giraffes at a vehicle pad when they thought they had secured was my solo highlight.
    I have to say, no one should be a comm officer 2 times in a row. I felt like going mental trying to do that. :/ And that broken phone with VS did add a charm though and still mental.

Apoligies for missing the ncto op, I was rocking an awesome headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Hey, after a longer hiatus I might give PS2 another whirl. I think I've got about 1500SC left, any new weapons one def. needs? Tempted by Phoenix/AV Turret but both seem prime candidates for a nerf.

Also, could some direct me to the details about this NCTO thing etc.? cheers

If you're going infantry then I can really recommend the blitz smg, try it out in the new vr shooting range. Unfortunately its sale has been and gone and despite reminding everyone to get it that day, I ended up getting it full price the next day, silly Ayam.

As much powerful bullethose that is, I really don't like it honestly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yeah I do like the Blitz but I still prefer the GD-7F. More of a feel thing than a stats thing.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Not properly trialled the NC SMGs, but the Blitz does seem to offer a lower recoil / bloom than the GD-7F whilst the GD-7F puts out more dps. I will say that I constantly run out of ammo with the GD-7F though.

Inverse: thanks once again for the continent crawl! I think I've now found another workaround for my Esamir crashing woes just in case it happens again so shouldn't miss half the evening next time.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Hey guys think I might give my NC colours a whirl this evening - when are people likely to be hopping online?

Morofushi

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Ooh it's freedom friday, of course! 7:30pm GMT seems to be the agreed time, though I usually jump on for BST just in case.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

I'll be on in couple of hours or so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    For those with slow internet, prepare for 2 updates.