Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    soon, dominicus, soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It is sad though that the flamethrower is not yet released. We would have some nice BBQ to end the hunt.

Good hunt, delicious giraffe steaks for all
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well one guy just practically ripped the competition to shreds. Almost 4 times my score
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Good fights tonight, traitorous giraffes. Especially spec-ops was pretty nice.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I think my marksmanship grew to level 255 practicing for/this event.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

'Twas a good night folks! I felt like my aim was off a bit all evening, which didn't exactly help thin the RPS hordes out. Ho hum.

Ayam, I have to ask - how did you end up destroying the Harasser? I imagine you were firing from the back seat and the Phoenix projectile's initial speed is slower than the Harasser's reverse speed. Design flaw there for sure.

Qaz, always a pleasure being shot by you!
    Last edited by eltdown; 10-05-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, smurfy brethren! Thanks for being there for us! Heard we had some good fights south of Tawrich tonight. Had a perfectly insane amount of people online tonight. Good thing our allied outfits were kind enough to hop off of Indar or we would never have gotten all the people there!

again, thanks for showing up!

Well I'll try to count how much giraffe meat we gathered, but so far, ABTF have best hunter of Purple giraffes, so beware!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Well, I say it was a good fight. Most of us where bound to certain weapons for the hunt, but still good fighting. And that guy is a hunting beast. Maybe we could have gotten closer if we located the RPS guys at more times. They where pretty hard to find for such a large group.

Still, just checking his killboard, I was impressed.

I'll be doing more of the Big Game Hunters later on. Next week probably on saturday. Rules might change a bit, also weapon restrictions change a bit. It is more about giving yourself small challenge and have some kind of competition at the same time.

Point scoring system also would be revised till then. Will be looking into that a bit more. Maybe also change a bit a target for the hunt a bit. Will be seeing least one or two itterations of BGH.

I think it was counterproductive to have a plat leader who wanted to 'just play' as opposed to getting in on the fun event. I don't think that's what rtrs is about at all. But that's just a minor quibble because there was a breathtaking silence when the open offer to lead surfaced. Very minor quibble. I didn't read the rules for the (amazingly good idea for a piggyback) event but still enjoyed the hunt, didn't realise there were weapon restrictions, that's such a cool idea, and the points scoring mechanism makes sense. So the first time I don't read up on an ncto op is the first ncto op that actually interests me. That deserves a: ffs

As for the Harasser, moving backwards makes even any smg bullet fired from the back hit the damn thing. sorry about the phoenix up the tail pipe, call me Axel Foley.

Anyway, looking forward to that other fun sounding ncto event soon.

I thought, it was most productive to join all the hunters in one squad, however, I did't want to take them away from their own outfits, just to do this with strangers.
    Will try to make something with this too. I need to discuss this more over NCTO anyways.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I think perhaps having it on a weekly basis might burn people out quickly. I couldn't really stomach much more than an hour and a half of trying and failing to hit people's heads from half a mile away, as fun as it was at first and when I got kills on people I actually knew (spent more time discussing it with an old mate in VS afterwards than I did playing, lol). Certainly though, we should try and come up with a few different metagames that let you compete individually whilst working as a group. It's actually how I play most multiplayer games anyhow (especially RTS')
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Did create a feedback thread on NCTO forums, would be happy to get input there, since it could be argued againt etc. More chances to have better discussion between different parties.

Thank you for the very productive outing earlier today gentlefolks, especially the defence of Nott Amp Station in the face of overwhelming TR population on the continent! My points-per-hour were crazy high for me (about 12-14k) - the only time I've really topped that is when I ran a TR character on Woodman and did 23k/hr for the first 40 minutes (in a lolsquito).

Sunday evening warriors, that was a very good time - I hadn't met Mavvy and another, nice to fight alongside fresh blood that fits in with everyone else also had an air squadron that actually gelled on that shadespire farms assault (the turnips remain NC property, thank you) it was all overshadowed by the gm server announcement, though: invalid string. Classic Miller gms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Sunday evening warriors, that was a very good time - I hadn't met Mavvy and another, nice to fight alongside fresh blood that fits in with everyone else also had an air squadron that actually gelled on that shadespire farms assault (the turnips remain NC property, thank you) it was all overshadowed by the gm server announcement, though: invalid string. Classic Miller gms.
    Server announcement: freedom

You get this done, and the rewards will be spectacular.
    Everything is a thing.

Great showing tonight, showed the TR and VS who rules on esamir
    Everything is a thing.

mMMM Kebabsssssss, was really fun truelly. Still a bit tipsy.