Thread: CTA feelings?

CTA feelings?

Hey all,

I've been out for a couple of months but will be dropping back into the game a bit more. Was wondering if y'all fancied another front-paged CTA type op?

-jim

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Providing we have about a month notice, I don't see why not.
    A lot of those involved in the previous ones have moved on now though so leadership for it might be an issue.

We always put off arranging another because of bad patches, and I'd again be wary given the ping and lag issues that are quite ridiculous at the moment.

It also might be nice to have one for NC/RTRS instead of the usual Vanu/RPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would, at the very least, wait until the PS2 team have finished their announced "Month of bug fixing" that's happening at the moment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Agreed with the above.

I'm not sure we need a month's notice, but a couple of weeks at least.

Bugs are a perpetual work in progress, but the end of the bug fixing push might be a good 'hook' for an event?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I'm not sure that's an exciting enough hook for a frontpage Call to Arms, but I agree we could leave it a few weeks til we know exactly what SOE are up to - from there, two weeks, and if I've not buggered off to the USA I'll certainly assist in leadership.

Sure, numbers have been decreasing lately so it would be nice to see some new people. The main issue would be login and ping problems, considering they've been all over the lace pately. I'm also happy to provide support as a dedicated transport pilot with liberal use of my morale boosting horn.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

It also might be nice to have one for NC/RTRS instead of the usual Vanu/RPS.
    Traitors had the last one If we want to bring CTAs back as an occasional event, maybe we should agree to alternate from now on.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Generic "This game, you guys, this game" couldn't hurt, could it? Otherwise we might want to do one before Koltyr or whatever it is called hits, as a newbie area might make it harder to do a call to arms at all?
    Last edited by Grumpy; 17-01-2015 at 01:51 AM.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horg View Post
    Traitors had the last one If we want to bring CTAs back as an occasional event, maybe we should agree to alternate from now on.
    One VS, one NC, one Giraffes versus Traitors showdown
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

I think we need new blood, which means a CtA and/or running open platoons for recruitment. However, I do agree we need time to plan a CtA and also to see if the game stabilises. If it doesn't, well, we carry on anyway and run the CtA.

There's some good cheer and publicity following the successful record bid, so it seems the time is ripe - would mid-Feb be too soon?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I, for one, would gladly hop back into the game for a CtA, possibly even leading a squad, even if I'm bound to be a bit out-of-date with the flow of the game at this point. :-)
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So, official verdict: we should probably get on this?

Time to set a date?
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.