Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Nice vid Head.

I would LOVE to play on Friday if the servers are up and we can generate enough interest. Around 10 players and we can really get stuff accomplished, hopefully in a cool manner, with those unofficial RPS Mumble personalities I love playing with.

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    I'm new at it and PS2 still confuses the hell out of me, so I'd be up for tagging along with a group.

NC Hustlers, represent! Unofficial theme song incoming... we only need to change the chorus from MC, to NC. And maybe change the lyrics to be about PlanetSide. It'll be awesome. Trust me.

I'll likely be there, assuming PS2 is all patched up etc. the Launchpad/Installer is being a bit funny just now.

NC for life, yo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Obscure Node
    Barring a patching disaster, I'll be there.

Activated Node
    I hope to join you all tomorrow too.
    Have messed around as VS but haven't tried NC properly yet so looking forward to it.

Obscure Node
    Will the great Smurf Doctor, Noodlemonk, be invited to the ball as well? I hear he throws a mean party, reaving most quite bases.

Obscure Node
    ... Though I still can't seem to figure out how to deploy my beloved Sunderer. I've put points into S-AMS, bought a brand new vehicle, yet nothing happens. Any thoughts?

That was a good couple of hours. Sulphur's quad bike faceplants were quite the spice of life to witness.

Had a wonderful time! Cheers!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlemonk View Post
    ... Though I still can't seem to figure out how to deploy my beloved Sunderer. I've put points into S-AMS, bought a brand new vehicle, yet nothing happens. Any thoughts?
    Once you've unlocked you need to equip the Spawn Module in the vehicle customisation screen of the Vehicle terminal, its the 3 boxes down at the bottom left area of that screen. The game is rather lack luster in explaining this aspect of the game. The same applies with choosing the extra ammo mods for guns and zoom optics, as well as nanite armour/advance shield etc from the infrantry terminal. You don't get benefits from most certifications without having to equip something, there are some exceptions like upgrading abilities or the medic/engi heal tools.
    so much for pathos

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by lagga View Post
    Once you've unlocked you need to equip the Spawn Module in the vehicle customisation screen of the Vehicle terminal, its the 3 boxes down at the bottom left area of that screen. The game is rather lack luster in explaining this aspect of the game. The same applies with choosing the extra ammo mods for guns and zoom optics, as well as nanite armour/advance shield etc from the infrantry terminal. You don't get benefits from most certifications without having to equip something, there are some exceptions like upgrading abilities or the medic/engi heal tools.
    Silly me, it all makes sense. Cheers, lagga!

They've wiped the servers again.

Any idea which one we're gonna form up on this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlemonk View Post
    Silly me, it all makes sense. Cheers, lagga!
    Haha don't worry I made the exact same mistake, confusedly asked what I was doing wrong in chat, then had to wait another 15 mins for the spawn timer to come down before I could start raiding bases properly.
    so much for pathos

Activated Node
    As Harlander points out, the servers have been wiped from the new patch.
    Unfortuately Thyone was the EU server removed.
    Currently Eurydome is at high population while Herse and Chaldene are both at low.

Do we have a consensus on where to setup shop?

Edit: Herse and Chaldene are currently low because they are still down.
    Presumably they are still being patched and will come back up at some point.
    Last edited by Dr.Evanzan; 06-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.

For the time being there will only be one EU server: Eurydome, as announced by the devs.

The reason for this is to load test the servers and balance the population since there were a bunch of low-pop, stacked servers before.
    Right now there are some issues with the server reporting full even though it is not at capacity but apparently it still lets you in if you just press the button anyway.

tl;dr Make your character on Eurydome and click on play even if the server says "full".

Obscure Node
    Hi, I go by the moniker FishiusPiggle on the EU server and would just adore joining a fun but communicative outfit/squad, please hook me up!

I'm in the Office just now, but when I get home tonight, I'll load up and send invites to the RockTraitorShotgun group for any EU NC characters that want one, and haven't been invited yet. FishiusPiggle is one... anyone else that wants one, drop your char name in here. We can also give Officer roles to anyone else that had them before the wipe... Ayam and Strang?

Assuming it hasn't all been wiped etc.
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.

What's the deal with officer roles?

And was it Strang or Joe who constantly kvetched about receiving the command role?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    What's the deal with officer roles?

And was it Strang or Joe who constantly kvetched about receiving the command role?
    The first person to create the group after the wipe (iq/cantide?) is the Owner or Founder or whatever, and then I think the next 2 to join (Head and myself) are given Officer roles. But we can change the roles of anyone that's just a member, up to the same roles as ourselves. As far as I know, Officer just allows you to change the message of the day, invite, kick and reassign members.

Joe was kvetching about being the Squad leader last time we were playing. Squads are different from the Outfit though. I can't remember who, but I have heard Outfit Officers complaining... just when sending out invites etc. trying to get everyone's name right, having to send them out twice, things like that. When we're all in an Outfit together, then setting up the squad should be a little less hassle.

I'll be willing to do Admin stuff for the outfit... if it's just inviting people and giving out information, things like that. But I don't think I'm ready to be leading any Squads on the ground. That half an hour or so on Friday when Joe shipped responsibility to me was enough... I don't know the game enough to be making those decisions for everyone else.

Obscure Node
    Can someone invite me please? Just started playing again last night. Char name is the samer as forum name!