Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Yeh the range on the FoF system is a bit too small, the amount of times I've put a couple of shots into a Liberator when flying a Reaver at night just to see if its NC or not is just silly. Sometimes things can be 50m from you and still not get a blue triangle above them, its really inconsistent :/
    so much for pathos

Quote Originally Posted by lagga View Post
    Yeh the range on the FoF system is a bit too small, the amount of times I've put a couple of shots into a Liberator when flying a Reaver at night just to see if its NC or not is just silly. Sometimes things can be 50m from you and still not get a blue triangle above them, its really inconsistent :/
    Yeah, one of the friendlies I killed, was a NC tank who was speeding away from TR positions and there was no blue triangle over him. Also the fact that he did not reverse, meaning not presenting his front side to the enemy, made me think it was a TR tank making a push against us.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Quote Originally Posted by lagga View Post
    It also NEVER shows names above Lightning tanks for me, is that intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBlanka View Post
    It also NEVER shows names above Lightning tanks for me, is that intentional?
    Nope, just hope it gets fixed before release.

Am I right in thinking the beta ends on the 16th at midnight? And so there'll be another meetup tomorrow? Might actually be able to use my mic this time
    so much for pathos

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Smurfballs.
    Last night is last night of beta tonight, so here's the proverbial gauntlet:

Amerish. The Ascent vs Raven's landing. (Accessible only by air, so will keep those red fellows out). One base each RPS outfit, see whether the 80s rejects or the shitty guitar riff lovers emerge victorious.

Or. We could just make it a large Freedom Friday, pull Vanguards and crush everything
    Either's good; any preference?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

One big freedom friday Vanguard zergrush. I want to roll in a column of 50 Vanguards.

Activated Node
    Yeah, I think it would be better to have a massive Freedom Friday rather trying to get everyone to split and choose their loyalties.
    (Unless we have 2 platoons or something, but I'm guessing more likely to have a couple of squads.)

Will work on this, any vanu feel free to come on down, same time as always. (7:30 pm gmt)

Network Hub
    Any way to get round the one character per server limit? Or do I just have to delete my glowing purple warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by protorp View Post
    Any way to get round the one character per server limit? Or do I just have to delete my glowing purple warrior?
    There's a limit? I have 1 character for each faction all on Eurydome.
    so much for pathos

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Thats the limit and afaik thats also the overall limit. Three characters, that's it. At least I was no longer able to create more in the last two weeks in beta. Had four before, deleted one and still could not create another one. Also had to delete the third one before the game let me create a new one.

Network Hub
    I had one Vanu character only on Eurydome, could only create an NC character and join in tonight by redeeming another Beta key and logging in with a different account.

Much fun though, the relativistic timewarp effect (bug or devs just having shits and giggles on the last day of beta?) that kicked in on Esamir was a pretty special bonus.
    Last edited by protorp; 17-11-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protorp View Post
    Much fun though, the relativistic timewarp effect (bug or devs just having shits and giggles on the last day of beta?) that kicked in on Esamir was a pretty special bonus.
    I'm such an idiot, I deleted my captured footage of the 2 second night-day cycle with the moon bouncing around in the skies. That's 2 weeks in a row I've gotten rid of some awesome footage. Still, that was a glorious Freedom Friday, taking that biolab then pushing TR back to their warpgate was a good way to end the beta.

Let's see how the queues are in live...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    I'm such an idiot, I deleted my captured footage of the 2 second night-day cycle with the moon bouncing around in the skies. That's 2 weeks in a row I've gotten rid of some awesome footage. Still, that was a glorious Freedom Friday, taking that biolab then pushing TR back to their warpgate was a good way to end the beta.

Let's see how the queues are in live...
    I also deleted the footage. I guess it got deleted when I got rid of the client.

Anyway, yeah, this was a great run. Especially the part where we held back the TR for what seemed like forever.

EDIT: Nope, still have the video. It just doesn't open... Youtube has no issue with it, so here it is:

Don't mind the shitty quality, I'm playing on a 4 year old PC.
    Last edited by Boris; 17-11-2012 at 09:54 AM.

Oh, nice one Boris, thanks for the vid; I had the moon ricocheting when I looked up at it.

Also, destroying the friendly sunderer -not- being a dick move to allow for a sensible spawn location was quite fun. I think Cooper's purple heart relished planting that c4. That being said, I quite relished giving the order to push the red button

Activated Node
    It was a good night but I think I'll need a new PC to fully appreciate the game.
    My PC just about had a meltdown when we were at the base being shelled by 15+ Prowlers - took about 10 minutes for my PC to recover after I had quit PS2.
    How did folk with more modern computers handle that? (I have a Core 2 Duo.)
    Did you get out of that situation eventually or call it a night there?

I had questions about setting up the outfit on the Live server too, but bonkers has kicked that discussion off on the 'Rock, Planet, Beta' thread.
    Last edited by Dr.Evanzan; 17-11-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evanzan View Post
    It was a good night but I think I'll need a new PC to fully appreciate the game.
    My PC just about had a meltdown when we were at the base being shelled by 15+ Prowlers - took about 10 minutes for my PC to recover after I had quit PS2.

I had questions about setting up the outfit on the Live server too, but bonkers has kicked that discussion off on the 'Rock, Planet, Beta' thread.
    Well I have an i5, gtx 560 ti and 8gb ram and I tend to get a constant 70-80fps with low-medium settings in heavy fire fights and about 100fps generally. Last night I wacked it all up to high just to see it nice and beautiful for an evening and was getting about 40fps in heavy fighting and 60fps generally.
    so much for pathos

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Evanzan View Post

If it's taking ages to recover, that means it swapped out a lot of pages that need to be read back from disk. The way to solve that is the cheapest way to upgrade your PC: Add more RAM.

I run a Core2 Duo E8400 (overclocked to 3,66Ghz) with a 4870 512MB on 8GB of RAM and it quits instantly, which means 8GB is enough.

In the mean time, you can try to quit all programs you might have running. Close your browser, Steam and everything else you do not specifically need to game. This will clear memory, which means the memory pressure will be lower and it won't be nearly as likely it'll start swapping again.

Activated Node
    Thanks for the comments.
    I have a Core 2 Duo, 4Gb RAM and a GTX 560 Ti.
    Normally the 560 Ti is enough to get me decent performance in games but it looks like PS2's demands on CPU and RAM are causing me problems.
    I was a bit worried that upgrading, which I've planned to do for a while and will probably do after Christmas, wouldn't make a massive difference but looks like lagga is getting good performance.
    Until the upgrade I'll follow Boris' advice and try to keep a low memory footprint.
    Thanks, guys!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I'm kinda in the same boat. I have a e8400 at 3,3 ghz (maybe some more in the near future) and a gtx460. My gpu is not even running at full capacity as my cpu is the big bottleneck for this game. So getting a decent quad core with your 560ti should run the game fine.
    I also have 4gb of ram and do not have your problems, but currently the game has problems with 4gb of ram. A lot of crashes seem to be related to memory usage. Increasing my pagefile.sys space to up to 6gb seems to have decreased the crashes a lot.