Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Uuu nice, wonder what they'll screw up now.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Good fights last night, thanks to all who showed up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Sorry I had to bail on this one - first two of our fire alarms went off for no reason (ended up having to pull the battery out), then my wireless keyboard was trolling me by intermittently not working for five minutes or so at a time and I was getting a little angry. Not much good in the middle of a 'real guns vs lasers' battle.

On that note, if anyone's got a recommendation for a wired keyboard then shout up!

I've heard a couple of people discussing this and it may have been misunderstood: the capture times are now set according to the base size - influence / population / having people on the point no longer affects the capture time.

It does make it easier to plan strategies and time re-captures. For example: at Freyr today the TR rushed the base with Sundies and took the point with literally about ten seconds to spare, almost costing us the capture.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    What I'm not clear on at the moment is how much time gets added if you manage to flip the point back - if it takes 4 mins to cap a basic facility, is that 2 minutes to burn down the TR/VS hold and then 2 mins to fill up the NC bar?

Presumably if you get within 20 seconds of it capping, lose the point for 20 seconds and then flip it back, you now need to hold it for 40 seconds before it caps ... that would make delaying actions a bit more achievable.

Network Hub
    the timer simply counts one way or the other depending on who owns the points. The clock rate never changes, nor do I believe is any time added/subtracted on point capture.

So on Weekly Wednesday (you like that, alliteration fiends? IT MAKES SENSE) I'd like to try the test server with some of you heads to check out the lattice system:

Regular SOE
    http://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_Test_setup.exe

Pro Sieben Sufferers
    http://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_...test_setup.exe

Shout outs to waffly for the heads up on this one. Put your cert lust down for one eve and pick up a latticed funnelled charge into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    So on Weekly Wednesday (you like that, alliteration fiends? IT MAKES SENSE) I'd like to try the test server with some of you heads to check out the lattice system:

Regular SOE

Pro Sieben Sufferers

Shout outs to waffly for the heads up on this one. Put your cert lust down for one eve and pick up a latticed funnelled charge into oblivion.
    *Wonderous Weekly Wednesday

I would strongly suggest getting in on this, NCTO and TRAM are acting as test blobs for the lattice system tomorrow at 9pm, good chance to try out the new system and test any guns you have an interest in!

All this, and you get to prove just how superior Miller is!
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Was interesting the other day; The Vanu Accord had a little more than a full platoon running around, utterly destroying anything we encountered on Public Test, Indar. Until we met BRTD. There was no real resistance until we met Miller outfits. Miller really is something special!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post

Regular SOE

Pro Sieben Sufferers

Thanks for that Ayam, it looks like I'll be able to get online tonight which is a plus for me (been away from internet recently...) Do we have an RTRS outfit on the test server?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Doubt I'll have the client downloaded until evening though I'd be up for some play on the regular servers.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Man, I spent those 10000 free certs pretty damn quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Man, I spent those 10000 free certs pretty damn quick.
    Yup.... Fully decked out medic and a sorted out sundy didn't leave me enough points to fully manage the light assault upgrades :/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I created an outfit "Rock Tester Shotgun" for our organisational needs. My ingame name is same as ever!

Good fights again! That super tank was absolutely superb, formed the basis for the counter attack!
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Guys. Guys. GUYS.

I know what I'll be saving certs for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenswan View Post
    Guys. Guys. GUYS.

I know what I'll be saving certs for.
    Form testudo?
    Everything is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    Form testudo?
    Looking at the damage that thing's absorbing from tanks if it's implemented as-is I'll finally have found a use for my dual Falcons. TORTOISE OF DOOM. However, the anchored mode on the TR MAXs plus dual bursters scares my Reaver - hopefully there are going to be plenty of balance passes first.

Also, dilemma: Basilisk or Fury on the Flash (inb4 firstworldproblems)? The Basilisk appears to two-clip Sundies / Libs / MBTs and 5-6 shot infantry but the Fury has some nice splash damage. Just checking I've not missed anything major as I'm leaning towards the Basilisk.

I have culled as many as 80 inactives, many of which had less that 10 hours game time and hadn't played since last year. Anyone who feels they were hard done by can contact me or ayam for a re-invite.

It had to be done, inflated numbers look bad. Lets hope we don't have another for quite awhile!
    Last edited by Wafflynumber; 29-04-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Looking at the damage that thing's absorbing from tanks if it's implemented as-is I'll finally have found a use for my dual Falcons. TORTOISE OF DOOM. However, the anchored mode on the TR MAXs plus dual bursters scares my Reaver - hopefully there are going to be plenty of balance passes first.

Also, dilemma: Basilisk or Fury on the Flash (inb4 firstworldproblems)? The Basilisk appears to two-clip Sundies / Libs / MBTs and 5-6 shot infantry but the Fury has some nice splash damage. Just checking I've not missed anything major as I'm leaning towards the Basilisk.
    Basilisk, Fury doesn't really have that nice aoe, you think about, it does oneshot infantry on direct hit, but that's not that much.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/