Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Also, dilemma: Basilisk or Fury on the Flash (inb4 firstworldproblems)? The Basilisk appears to two-clip Sundies / Libs / MBTs and 5-6 shot infantry but the Fury has some nice splash damage. Just checking I've not missed anything major as I'm leaning towards the Basilisk.
    The Fury is quite compatible with driving around like a lunatic, lobbing grenades around the place.
    Plus, as Bank says, you can one-shot infantry with it.
    Does the Basilisk not require a much more stable platform to be able to hit anything?

Edit: And lo, it seems that the Flash Fury is in today's Premier member's sale (1/5/2013).
    However, word on the street is that the Fury has been nerfed on the test server, so buy with caution. Alas, I've already bought it in the previous sale some months back.
    Last edited by Dr.Evanzan; 01-05-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Fury Sale today!

Thanks for the edit Evanzan! I've gone ahead and bought the Basilisk. It's really cheap so if it turns out to be unuseable then it's no great loss. I'm a little disappointed that I got Surger Chassis 1 for it though, mostly a waste of certs (doesn't seem to improve hill climbing at all).

I've finally got a new, wired, keyboard as well so me randomly standing still ingame whilst I switch to my backup keyboard should be a thing of the past. It will also be good for my blood pressure. The minor downside to this is that it's a mechanical keyboard (Steelseries 6GV2 if anyone desires to know) and it may take a few days to get used to it - especially the way the spacebar's angled (and the short right shift key, but that doesn't affect my gaming).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Waffly, I expect you to start downloading stuff tonight!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

I buy the Basilisk and the COF gets a nerf. Doh! Going to have to get into VR training tonight. Huge patch notes, still reading through the rest of it.

As Bankrotas has implied, it's also a 300-400MB patch - so anyone with slow internet needs to get downloading before Friday.

Operation Harasser blob is go, may the almighty have mercy on our foes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Harasser race tonight if possible, old school, and a destruction derby outside amerish warpgate to seal the event. RIP mac daddy

Great fun tonight gents, awesome push on esamir and defense at glacier station. Those harasser races were top class!
    Everything is a thing.

Disappointed that I missed last night, but I'm still having issues where there appears to be zero bandwidth for periods of around 10-30 seconds every few minutes (but my ethernet still shows as connected). Looks like it's either our router or BT's issue.

Glad the Harasser races worked out, I've got visions like something out of Wacky Races in my head now! Will be back online for a proper session when my internet's better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Nice race and destruction derby. We should try that one more often, maybe with sunderers?

eltdown being down gets me down.

Harasser race was crazy with the saboteurs in reavers and galaxies. Inappropriate getting squished right in front of me was classic material.

I think the Destruction Derby can be a two-man in harasser all-vs-all thing too, although trying to discern who was on what team based on the colors seemed to add some tension on whether to pull the trigger or not.

Dem TCP/IP settins be slippin, corruptin ma hood.

Ebonics: am I doing it right?

Well, I've used the netsh command prompt to reset TCP/IP and also prevented the network adapter from being turned off to save power. One of these things appears to have worked. Yay! Because I know you folks will have been holding a candlelit vigil for my internet connection and would want to know.

The Harasser race is sounding like it was better and better. Curse you internet adapter and/or corrupt TCP/IP!

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Dem TCP/IP settins be slippin, corruptin ma hood.

Ebonics: am I doing it right?

Well, I've used the netsh command prompt to reset TCP/IP and also prevented the network adapter from being turned off to save power. One of these things appears to have worked. Yay! Because I know you folks will have been holding a candlelit vigil for my internet connection and would want to know.

The Harasser race is sounding like it was better and better. Curse you internet adapter and/or corrupt TCP/IP!
    Next time, eltdown, next time.

The problems reemerged yesterday with about 27 disconnects in the space of an hour. Have now managed to actually reset the router and it should all be okay again - I really hate troubleshooting things like this. However, despite my lengthy three day downtime I think I can still remember how to shoot those Barneys and Elmos (and Ayam, or is that Vanstrak's job?) in the face so no worries there.

At least I managed to get further through The Witcher (major gaming backlog), even if I am only part-way through Act III. It's got a fairly steep (re)learning curve. Also: lolpokemonromancecards - I'll take a guess and say they removed these for The Witcher 2 [/offtopic].

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Good guess! More TnA in the actual game instead.

Dudes, I would like you to to check out my topic in operations on our alliances forum till wednesday evening please.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Ohohoh. Intriguing! Don't mind me, I'll just be sitting here, just another fly on the wall...

also note that if you need anything edited or stickied, drop me a line.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

They should implement bayonets.

I'd like a space giraffe stickied to the end of my bayonet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Dudes, I would like you to to check out my topic in operations on our alliances forum till wednesday evening please.

If anyone wants info on joining the event, come message me!
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I say let the hunt begin.