Page 32 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I found it useful at Howling Pass Checkpoint getting to the southeast vehicle shield. The one time it's been useful though, and I used it more to protect my engie than myself.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

25% sale on all vehicle weapons today only - took a day off to slack, now I'm going to spend the whole day going through the weapons and probably end up buying nothing as usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    25% sale on all vehicle weapons today only - took a day off to slack, now I'm going to spend the whole day going through the weapons and probably end up buying nothing as usual.
    Underboss!
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Underboss!
    Vehicle weapons! Unless you'd like an underboss on your tank

I like the Aegis Shield, somewhat. Its use is very situational. It doesn't work well in close-quarters because you're so easy to flank when people are close to you. One C4 and you're screwed with little chance to react.

However, since the lattice systems makes you fight on open ground a lot I've found some use for the Aegis shield. When you're facing enemies from the front at medium range it works really well. You just fire your shots and pull the shield up when the reload cycle starts.

When they fix what I assume is a bug regarding the reloading the Aegis Shield will be pretty useless.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Vehicle weapons! Unless you'd like an underboss on your tank
    That only shows, how much I care about vehicle play.

Anyone else in love with the Raven? It's become my new go-to weapon for the MAX since they ruined the Falcon.
    BobHound - EVE Online

I've not used a MAX in ages - I should really trial the Ravens outside of the VR area to see what the fuss is about. Seems like they'd be good until someone spots you, then you have to remain too static under fire whilst guiding the projectiles onto the target. Don't know how the TTK compares either.

If anyone's looking for an AV weapon for the Harasser or a tank secondary then the (AV) Enforcer looks good. I got the Halberd because I want to be able to use it on non-NC characters but it was being easily out-damaged by it: the Enforcer's only real disadvantage appears to be that it has less splash damage if you're trying to hit approaching infantry.

Feel like I've not been ingame for any length of time recently (busy accidentally having threesomes with nurses, ie. finishing The Witcher) but am anticipating being around tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    I've not used a MAX in ages - I should really trial the Ravens outside of the VR area to see what the fuss is about. Seems like they'd be good until someone spots you, then you have to remain too static under fire whilst guiding the projectiles onto the target. Don't know how the TTK compares either.

If anyone's looking for an AV weapon for the Harasser or a tank secondary then the (AV) Enforcer looks good. I got the Halberd because I want to be able to use it on non-NC characters but it was being easily out-damaged by it: the Enforcer's only real disadvantage appears to be that it has less splash damage if you're trying to hit approaching infantry.

Feel like I've not been ingame for any length of time recently (busy accidentally having threesomes with nurses, ie. finishing The Witcher) but am anticipating being around tomorrow!
    Im not going to be there unfortunately, but that mighty bankrotas is, may he lead you all well!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

I'm also iffy as to whether I'll be there, I'm cooking a roast tonight but the lamb didn't defrost as quickly as I hoped it would so it looks like I won't be starting prep until after freedom friday starts
    mickygor, Battlefield 3

Last night I got a little peeved so I uploaded this to balance out the irrational nerd rage, en joie:

Last edited by Ayam; 01-06-2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: a carriage return between text and the video looks so much better dahhhlings

Might be the best one you did, honestly.

^ Loving your work, Ayam. Also: the official stats site is showing you're now even with Vanstrak at three kills each, but Bankrotas has killed you... six times.

I totally missed last night due to an unexpected social engagement. Curse you, society!

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    ^ Loving your work, Ayam. Also: the official stats site is showing you're now even with Vanstrak at three kills each, but Bankrotas has killed you... six times.
    Thanks dudes. Vanstrak's killed me 13 times then because I'm fairly sure those stats were at some point rebooted. I can remember each of those 13 times. Let me tell you about number 8, when he killed me with a pistol rather than a shotgun when filming for the recruitment video. Or number 3 when he blasted my reaver out of the air with a random tank shell.

I thought it was ten kills before, so there having been a reset would make sense!

Sorry I was on and off again earlier today - a relative has apparently just had a baby (I know, I know. I should get my priorities straight: NCTO > babies). Strange evening for me. At one stage I was staring at an enemy Sundy for 30 seconds... not being shot... it was totally vulnerable... with Bouncing Bettys instead of AT mines.

At least the MAX mini-crash was surprisingly successful. Jolly good show folks!

How was the 212 op? Also, I'm out of the country for a couple of weeks on thursday, so take care and DO do anything that I wouldn't.

Oh man, don't talk about the 212, you're not from the streets. They fuck you up mang!

It was by and large... well, ok. I would have been happier sticking to Amerish than moving to Indar and into that hellhole Suarva, but oh well. Also their liberal use of platoon chat when their SLs and PLs asked them to keep it for tactics was deafening and stopped me listening to it at all. But we worked reasonably well as a team.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3

I was secretly hoping 252 had a theme song and that it was a modified version of Azealia Bank's NSFW-sweary "212". Despite being more of a non-rap person, I really like that song. It also has a guy who looks like Spiderman dude in the video.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It was a fun op, but I really start to disslike the internal voice set up of PS2. Most of the time you can't hear what people are saying due to poor quality. I think even 252 themself had problems with this.

Also, I think they do not run often with a delta squad :P, I think we had to remind them several times we where also there. But it is hearthwarming to know they have the same problem of finding "volunteers" for NCTO voice coms.

Something else, are we still looking into the possibility of organising an NCTO ops as a group? I think we can manage one where we act as the dedicated coms officiers. Instead of other outfits all sending someone to the NCTO voice we go to them and bring the orders. Might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    It was a fun op, but I really start to disslike the internal voice set up of PS2. Most of the time you can't hear what people are saying due to poor quality. I think even 252 themself had problems with this.

Also, I think they do not run often with a delta squad :P, I think we had to remind them several times we where also there. But it is hearthwarming to know they have the same problem of finding "volunteers" for NCTO voice coms.

Something else, are we still looking into the possibility of organising an NCTO ops as a group? I think we can manage one where we act as the dedicated coms officiers. Instead of other outfits all sending someone to the NCTO voice we go to them and bring the orders. Might work.
    Bank was saying someting about this. I don't particularly want to expose my self to the headache of FC, but if someone wants to step, feel free to apply on the forums. If you don't have access, pm me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.