Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Last night's excursion to Suarva was seriously awesome we should do that more often!
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Great night. Lot's of good fights, lot's of RPS kills. managed to get my kill quota.

Have to say, Dominicus is best platoon leader we have for overall world strategies and general fights. For me it's too tiring. Squad, I can handle, platoon, bit too much for me. We do have good 3 platoon leaders at least at the moment, but we do need couple more for rotation.

But we also need some more basic training, so what do you say about it? Getting together sometime next month to start bit of training?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Training would be interesting.

What would that training actually entail?

That was a good night yesterday. I really want to thank all the SL for their support, as without their help it is impossible to be a good PL. I do think I need to pay attention to keep the orders clear. Small things like gather up, and then say move out are giving mixed ideas to people.

Bank, your doing a stellar job as the Communications Officer with the NCTO. That works like a charm, and I do hope that it does not make your brain explode like most other people have with that task. I need to pay attention to keep you out of the SL roster, as combining those two tasks is madness.

Also, I start to notice that I find it more enjoyfull to be PL then SL. -.- I think I am one of the strange guys in that respect. At least you all enjoy my PL methods.

My first "Freedom Friday" and I had an absolute blast. Really strong leadership from the PL and SLs, and RPS were really fun enemies. All in all a great night, I certainly hope to repeat the experience. Thanks guys

Well, I'm feeling refreshed after having emerged from the wilds of Cumbria and bagging a few Wainwrights. Boffin and I may have passed like fell-walking ships in the night, who knows?

May be on tonight to see if I can remembered how to play! I'm curious about the training - it's definitely worth doing if we're getting more outfit members that are newer to the game or if anyone wants to brush up on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixader View Post
    Training would be interesting.

What would that training actually entail?
    shouting Freedom at the monitor screen

Few things:

1) first and foremost massive congratulations to Evanzan for his wedding, I see him on late nights occasionally soloing about, no doubt the newly married situation means he can't join us on voicecomms

2) had a very small scale meeting with waffly, mavvvy and inverse, and Dom, if you enjoy platoon leading, I think you'll have about 2 months of it on Friday evenings although I would like to see others get a chance also (not necessarily the same person for the whole Friday night but two 1.5 hour shifts, for want of a better word, starting from 7pm)

3) training - is that for showing newcomers the ropes or for a dedicated group to breach, hotdrop, etc?

4) I need 2 or 3 people to help me out with a little bit of footage on Monday evening if possible, 7.30pm UK time, should take half an hour at the most because it's interfaction stuff that requires us to meet up safely in an out-of-the-way facility, probably on Amerish

Ok, that's about it.

Was wondering if Evanzan's wedding had already been and gone. Congratulations are indeed due!

With the training we could look at both (see the INI's defence setup thread for the sort of things we could try). How many people new to the game do we have now?

Ooh, and I'll likely be available around 7.30pm on Monday - will hop on Mumble if I'm free.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Boffin and I may have passed like fell-walking ships in the night, who knows?
    I was up Langdale - angle tarn, harrison stickle. Did we tip the nod to each other perhaps?

I should actually be able to make it this Friday. I would be happy to PL if needed (though I'd rather not...), but am probably very out of touch.

Could one of the people with the admin powers ad the Freedom Fridays to the events on the steam group? Also, I'll stand ready to act as PL if there are no others who want to PL. So please speak up if you want to give it a try. I can assure you it is fun. Don't fall for the giraffe lies.

Event set.

Now about training:
    We can have both, ground rules for newbies time or two a month, though, I personally try to explain each as much as I can.
    And we can do some real combat training. Just to get it into our bones. Though, it would mean just trying to refine combat in certain type of bases mostly. Training would consist of us constantly trying to take and defend certain type of base (towers, tech plants, biolabs, amp stations.
    We could also work on public squad lead a bit, it opens more advantages and having few people, who would be able to switch PPL (Public Platoon Leader) seats would give us some strength.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 27-08-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I'm up for learning some base defences and public platoon skills
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Cheers to JJ, Vanstrak and Dominicus for helping out with that footage on Monday night, was quite fun from my perspective. I think one more session like that and I'm done, perhaps next week I'll send out the Spielberg signal.

No problems ayam, it was good fun and use of the certs I had on my vanu character.

On the topic of training, we could start with some basics like how to call enemies you spot. Room clearing, tower clearing, a drop from a galaxy on amp, tech or tower. Simple stuff that even if half of us would do it in a certain way all others slowly will follow in their example.

Maybe we could even hold a SL practice evening, for those who want to learn the basics of being a SL or possibly even a PL. Maybe bankrotas could train us in the art of communication officer.

Just a few ideas. How about we set up a standart time for training practice. Like sunday 7:000-8:00 BST and wednesday 7:00-8:00 BST for more advance practice and friday 6:00-7:00 BST for really new players. New players can join a Freedom Friday with more confidance. I suspect we will set up a sign-up system for the wednesday and sunday times, so people can apply for the training and someone can sign up to teach.

Should work. There is actually not much art in CO. Button to mute Mumble, when you need to listen to command and respond, lower down mumble volume to about 50% of Teamspeak, turn of game volume fully.

Probably will be a few minutes late, didn't realise there was a patch. 300mb feels like the world when you're downloading a PS2 patch.

Obscure Node
    Apologies - been a busy couple of weeks since I got back from holiday which is why I haven't been around much, and then the internet died here tonight, so I couldn't get on. Hopefully next week will be better (except for the fact I have to fly to Berlin for two days).

That was a good, but busy night. Lot's f new players and vanu tourists. We peaked at 4 squads, crazy. I do notice that 4 squads somehow ask for more PL work then 3, a lot more. Still enjoyed it greatly, but I do have to say that this has not been my best night of PL. Not bad or anything, just not my best. I have to say that the SL's did magnificent work tonight.

We really need to look into the options of splitting coms, if the numbers keep rising like this. Also, we need to get some bug spray, to many nasty insects start to crawl into the channel. But those two things we need to talk about in the next week or so.

I felt like I'd forgotten how to play after having not really logged on for a good few days but it worked out pretty well - thank you to all our leaders, all the medics for their delicious heals and everyone in general! That sounds like an Oscars speech but, hey, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    I was up Langdale - angle tarn, harrison stickle. Did we tip the nod to each other perhaps?
    A week ago Tuesday I was up Skiddaw via Ullapool Pike during which I did not at all fall over and injure myself, Wednesday was Howtown to Glenridding, Thursday was Blencathra via Sharp Edge, Saturday was Grisedale Pike from Whinlatter Pass and we did not at all get lost in Whinlatter Forest Park on the way down... I was pretty knackered by the end of it all. Harrison Stickle probably would've tipped me over the edge!
    Last edited by eltdown; 01-09-2013 at 04:02 PM.