Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    We should run open squads most weeknights, challenge zhukov and his zerg herding monopoly!

Sorry I haven't been very proactive on this, been very busy irl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Keep the name of the squad consistent so people know to join. '[RTRS] Cake'- it's important to keep that consistent thus recognisable.

Something like [RTRS] Indar cake Alpha squad
    Everything is a thing.

What about '[RTRS] Cake - <insert continent name here>' then? Yeah? Cool, agreed. Now pass me that fkn Aegis Shield. Call me Aegis-Tine after my favourite YouTuber.

Psyched about going out today!

Yesterday was terrible but I feel like I'll get my revenge tonight! Freedom!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Lesser Hivemind Node
    None

shall

pass

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I am fucking tired. 6h game part of it comm officer is just jeez. Good times though
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    None

shall

pass

That bridge fight was brilliant, tied up most of DIG and delayed the vanu from pushing forward elsewhere.

RTRS held the line.
    Everything is a thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Had a good time tonight! I especially enjoyed the bit when

- I tried to film a knife fight and got stabbed
    - I tried to film a harasser race and got lumbered with Jeff as my driver, who crashed into a turret at the start then flipped his harasser over 100m later
    - I drop podded at the last second to film all the harassers driving off a cliff, and was promptly run over by everyone

All in all a great success! I uploaded the highlights if anyone is interested;

Last edited by jaguar skills; 25-05-2013 at 01:43 AM.

'Twas a good evening, thanks folks - and a special mention to visiting war correspondent Jaguar and willing victim Cooper! Once again I pretty much completely forgot that I now have a mic. I'll get the hang of this talking thing eventually.

Question: if I cert into the command comms channel, can I mute it? And is it only active if I'm a squad leader? If I can't mute it and it's on all the time I think I might pass on it. I'm also currently torn between concussion grenades for helping take care of those ZOE MAXs or maxing out the medic life-gun thingy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yeah you can mute it, but I forget how, and I think you have to reduce volume to 0, there's no toggle.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Yes, you need to go to social, when you're squad leader, then voice and chat in there. Chat tab to the left and to the right there is voice chat options in drop down menu. And yes, it's on, once you're a squad leader until you log out, usually.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    That bridge fight was brilliant, tied up most of DIG and delayed the vanu from pushing forward elsewhere.

RTRS held the line.
    Yep. And the NC win the alert!. that was surprising. Alerts are normally a measure of how organized is a faction, or the pop disbalance. The NC had everything against them, and still conquered the victory. The "defense" of that bridge was a big part of it (or that like to think). In our minds whe where *attacking* trought the bridge. Maybe both factions trough they where attacking.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I have in-game voice muted and rely on Mumble - but I do have certs for leader chat, and when I PL for RPS I 'll make a note in there where we are, what we're doing, where we're going next. If nothing else the other people looking at it can get a sense of what's going on.

Recruitment drive is proceeding smoothly, new members signing up
    Everything is a thing.

Light Assault - shotguns - fallen in love with them. I have the sweeper which was nice in its day but Bankrotas mentioned the Claw is better a while back. Am I right in this recollection before I spend my hard-earned bonus-cheques?

Ayam, I've only ever used the Piston (auto-shotty), but shotguns are indeed awesome. The Claw is one of the newer, pump-action, shotguns - probably better if you don't plan on running up against more than one enemy at a time as you can just one-shot most folks. I think it has a slightly tighter pellet spread than the Bruiser so a little more accurate. Get yourself down to the range!

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Ayam, I've only ever used the Piston (auto-shotty), but shotguns are indeed awesome. The Claw is one of the newer, pump-action, shotguns - probably better if you don't plan on running up against more than one enemy at a time as you can just one-shot most folks. I think it has a slightly tighter pellet spread than the Bruiser so a little more accurate. Get yourself down to the range!
    Less pellets, but tighter spread, still one shot kill possible from same range, but higher RPM than Bruiser.

Seems, there is one more weakness to Aegis shield, like it wasn't bad allready. Will need to test it tonight.

I've found the Aegis shield pretty good in some very limited situations only though - in general I'm running around with it looking desperately for a situation where it might be used effectively wishing I could run around faster with Charge instead.

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    Get yourself down to the range!
    A few assured me last night the range wouldn't bug out my load-outs now so I finally will be able to.