Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    All's fair in war and war. No probs, but if you're not there for the start of your session time you'll forfeit your PL place! So we have:

BB: 7pm (thanks for the notification Wolfenswan)
    Bastiat: 8pm
    Special Guest Star (ie whoever screams loudest): 9pm

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I vote for me

We'll have a bit of a voting phase for who we thought lead 'the best', whatever the definition of 'best' is for you. The 3 candidates:

Boffinboots, Bastiat and DukeDeLaChutney

Cast your vote, or if you lack the balls to tell them straight, I shall be your conduit.

My vote goes for -remembers manners- and everyone did a great job tonight, very fun regardless, but my vote goes for Boffinboots. Clearest orders, knew what I was supposed to be doing pretty much at all times.

However, the whole night was fun, too, we were afforded some good fights on Esamir and good leading from all despite some crazy pressure in the Jaeger region!

Hold on - waffly's not going to be here next Friday either - let's do it again but up the ante with some big names: Dom and Bankrotas, care to try the challenge against me next week?

Also, excuse the double posting, but this coming Tuesday evening we'll be teaming up with 252; if you're around we'll be using in-game comms for receiving orders.

They do have a TeamSpeak server, but it's for PL and SL talk and I'm not sure if it's worth going there or just using in-game comms. Someone help me out on deciding on that one.

Obscure Node
    When it comes to me i don't care who leads, as long as the flock gets some orders and acts organized, im fine with it. All three of you did a good job last night with that so every one of you deserves a point and i will be happy to play with anyone of you who has the lead.

But since it was a competition i have to vote for someone. So boffinboots won this night for me. it's more like a feeling and i don't know if i can give proper critiqe cuz i might be missing the deatails here. But he's lead was the most fluid. To be fair he's was also the easiest. And Bastiat had to lead us against heavy Vanu resistence. Maybe there was not much chance to be as fluid. So it felt more like a chore.

Anyway it was again a lot of fun. And i had another great night with you guys.

Ayam, i guess most of us are in the steam Rock Traitor Shotgun group. Why dont you guys use the event calender there to inform us about upcomming events. maybe it is to much of a hassle or it dont even works properly as i imagine? i just wonder why that is. cuz a day ago i didn't even notice we have a forum thread here for discussion. shame on me, i kown. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Ayam, i guess most of us are in the steam Rock Traitor Shotgun group. Why dont you guys use the event calender there to inform us about upcomming events.
    That's a good idea. In waffly's absence I've realised how much is actually required in running an outfit, even setting up a simple non-established event. I THINK I'M GONNA CRACK UNDER THE PRESSURE MAN! I JUST WANNA STICK TO MOMENTS MONTAGES!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    My vote goes to..... Bastiat. I concider it only fair to vote between the people who where leading the entire time I was around. No Idea how Boffinboots did in the start, so I can;t vote for him even his command was clear and solid. Bastiat took over with a clear start, but it slowly crumbled down under the pressure of the Vanu assault (there isn't much to command when you are defending against bigger numbers...). He had a nice comeback in the end though, and for this he get my vote. Duke had the hardest time of the night, let's be honest we are derailing quicker and easier the longer the freedom fridays last.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Hold on - waffly's not going to be here next Friday either - let's do it again but up the ante with some big names: Dom and Bankrotas, care to try the challenge against me next week?
    I'm up for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    I'm up for a challenge, if I will be available next friday.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

My brain is fried at the moment (delightful as the barbecue weather is, I don't cope well in the heat. Or with screen glare) so can't really decide who to vote for based on Friday's experience. People leading first and with easier encounters are probably at an advantage in this. But meh, too hot.

Duke voted for Bastiat, so the voting ends with Boffinboots and Bastiat tied at 2 votes each. But scrub ALL that - it doesn't work because of differing difficulties and people not being on for the full stint. So let's just end it at everyone leading well enough for a good time to be had on Friday night.

Next week we'll split it into an hour each without a vote because the idea doesn't work practically, even though I thought it was a good initiative in my head at the time, it's not quite working afterwards; thanks to all for participating on Friday night.

-------

Also a reminder, Tuesday night we're joining 252. Make sure your in-game comms are sorted if you'd like to join that. We probably won't be doing much Mumbling, I'll probably join their TS server so I can call out invites of you gentlemen to their platoon; we probably won't be fighting in the same squads but it'll be interesting to adopt their style and tactics for the night.

Activated Node
    Sorry for the late reply... busy weekend with RL commitments.

Friday night was a bit of a blur and retrospectively I wasn't entirely sure who was PLing at each point (although I did notice the changeover so from the list Ayam gave I can work it out).
    I thought everyone did well and we didn't feel like we were languishing without any direction at any point.
    I like how Boffinboots gave clear orders and tried a bit more of a tactical direction with some movements - Bastiat and Duke were less overt later on.
    I also thought the air squad later on worked really well - not sure if Bastiat or Duke started this?
    Certainly I thought Duke made good use of the air squad and combined it in with the rest of the platoons movements well.
    (Although this doesn't mean Bastiat didn't, just that my recollection is a bit hazy now.)

As for tonight, what time are things kicking off?
    I might be able to join for a bit but would have to head off at 8pm.

Well, my Openreach modem is disconnecting every 1-2 minutes again, likely because of the stupidly high ambient temperature. Sorry folks! If I can't get it working consistently then I'll be busy fighting a Kraken (Witcher 2 ahoy!) whilst feeling like I'm melting.

Vegetable cooled modem? Check!

IMG_0574.jpg

This is what I have to do to get a solid connection for an hour or two in this heat, and it seriously is a packet of frozen vegetables (The modem's to the right, and I did eventually protect the switch underneath from condensation). Knowing this, I should be good for Freedom Friday.

If anyone can recommend something with less condensation risk, asides from getting a new modem, feel free to chime in.

I have evil idea to botch fridays competition with announcement for hunting season and details.

That reminds me, need to finish GEP post.

Other thing too, we need a place to inform new people about events and I would like to hold a meeting when Waffly gets back to make it easier to inform new people into our ranks without hindering them.

Also, Ayam, clean your PM box a bit. Nevermind check NCTO PM box.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 10-07-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post

IMG_0574.jpg

This is what I have to do to get a solid connection for an hour or two in this heat, and it seriously is a packet of frozen vegetables (The modem's to the right, and I did eventually protect the switch underneath from condensation). Knowing this, I should be good for Freedom Friday.

If anyone can recommend something with less condensation risk, asides from getting a new modem, feel free to chime in.

Simply purchase an expensive glass dome jar (whichy you NC types shold be able to afford due to all these "bonus cheques" I hear about), and a motorised air pump.

1. Place modem in jar
    2. Connect air pump to nozzle that should be on glass jar as it probably would have been wise to mention this before you bought the expesnice glass dome jar
    3. Buy new glass dome jar with nozzle
    4. Throw old one away
    5. Replace modem in new glass jar
    6. Attach air pump to nozzle
    7. Pump Away!

et voila, your modem is now ina near perfect vacuum, heat is no longer an issue! Of course if you prefer a better vacuum:

1. Build Space rocket
    2. Fly into space with modem and 80,000km RJ-45 cable
    3. Dangle modem out the window
    4. Play planetside!

Glad to be of service.

For Vanu! FOR SCIENCE!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Surely a science-cultist Vanu like you should know that an artificial vacuum is more vacuumy than space :P
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    Surely a science-cultist Vanu like you should know that an artificial vacuum is more vacuumy than space :P
    I should have used the term "colder" rather than better since although there are less "particles" in the jar space is smaller so more collisions with the modem compared to space where less chance of collisions, yadda yadda science science

Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    I should have used the term "colder" rather than better since although there are less "particles" in the jar space is smaller so more collisions with the modem compared to space where less chance of collisions, yadda yadda science science
    All I read was:

On other news, I do ask people to go read my GEP topic on NCTO forums, I do need feedback and your mental preparation for it

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post

Can you put the modem on top of the veg? A nice flattened bag of frozen peas maybe?
    (What am I even suggesting...)

I have the same modem / switch combination and mine haven't keeled over yet, although it has been quite hot. Could you get a mini fan and have it permanently blowing on the troublesome devices?
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs