Page 46 of 70 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Golly, Bastiat, you need better mates! :-(
    Hope you are doing better soon.

After a lot of work, I've nearly reached the stage of getting my PC up and running again.
    I was rather hopeful of having it setup already so I could join you all for Freedom Friday but 'twas not to be.
    I may yet make it along for some point tonight, we shall see how it goes (I probably have a lot of updates to download!).

In any case, I hope to rejoin the fight for freedom soon!

Aside from Bastiat's real life violence, what have I missed from PS2 while I've been away?
    From reading the forums, it seems the 'ESF Update' floundered somewhat and that things have been pretty quiet since the Smed announced the optimisation focus.
    What has it been like in-game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yesterday or the day before they fixed striker tracking, and this has been A Good Thing.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Dude, that looks like a broken nose. Damn. Obviously it's up to you how you deal with your friend, don't know them so I'll resist the temptation to offer advice on that.

Because I know you asked last night - Skyguard or Phoenix folks?

Personally, I've not run Skyguard in ages, but I get the feeling it would be very easy for a roving Harasser (or a Prowler with a Vulcan secondary) to take them out unless you're with other tanks. Pheonix is pretty awesome but it's only really for 75-300m ranges / moving targets and leaves you vulnerable whilst it's in flight - for close-to-mid range I still use the Decimator or the Shrike.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Piece of experience I got from before my laptop burned: to dispatch any enemy harassers use Annihilator. It's flight path is better for eliminating them than Crow. With Crow I've seen rockets hit the ground too many times.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

I was well out of it last night, had to go earlier than I'd hoped basically due to coughing fits (which is why I was pretty much silent on Mumble too). Bleurgh.

Would it be worth us doing 1-2 squad assault plans for some of the more unique bases such as Scarred Mesa and Red Ridge? There are some specific challenges associated with those bases, especially Scarred Mesa, so I wondered what the opinion was on this. Whilst I'm not saying we should go full-INI, even just an idea of appropriate squad make-up (which mascara to choose etc. etc.) and people knowing roughly where they should be within the base could prove useful. This is, of course, something that each individual SL/PL could choose at the time so I'll understand if there's little enthusiasm for tactical doctrine (too TR?).

This is not a veiled criticism of either Mavvvy or any of the squad leaders last night by the way - no complaints from me there!

Roranor did well last week, Mavvvy's dedicated role approach worked for me on Friday, didn't bag the big certs (which is fine by me) but felt nice knowing other people were taking care of other roles, so I didn't have to worry about using that frustrating interface to change class and weapons every 5 minutes. The minus side is you may feel pigeon holed during the night, but I certainly didn't. Well done - any word on volunteers to platoon lead this Friday?

Also shout outs to Nullkigan for bringing the admin hand in - that rude troll had a 2 minute lifespan on Mumble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Two good freedom fridays, I completly agree with you Ayam. The set-up of last friday was very effective, especially as we where able to take on larger fights then we did in the past. Maybe a small addition would be that the back-up sundy driver keeps an eye on the map as otherwise it is rather unevenfull. I tried to do that later in the evening and it made the position have some of it;s own flavour instead of just being the reseverve.

I was thinking of keeping a small tactics night next sunday (22) to just have a talk with those interested to look at basic set-ups, tactics and how we can take certain bases more easilly.

The combined ops worked really well. I've been having a lot of fun riding my vanguard recently, starting to get accurate with the main cannon now.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

I long to kill someone :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    In other news I'll be catching up with NCTO stuff this week to make sure we're not deemed as inactive (and also to take a positive contributing role, of course).
    Any luck with this? I tried getting acces to the TS, but that place is deserted, even the tumbleweeds have started to apear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    I long to kill someone :/
    Your time will come. Wait - when WILL your time come? ETA on your bits being fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Any luck with this? I tried getting acces to the TS, but that place is deserted, even the tumbleweeds have started to apear.
    NCTO forum doesn't seem particularly active, didn't feel like there was a natural place to pop in a message saying, "Hey, we're RTRS, we're still alive", but we have much less vocal small outfits also on the roster and they haven't been touched. I'd say we're safe but I'll keep you guys posted on the activities that the main outfit heads may decide on. Also there is opportunity to be supreme commander for an NCTO op in the future if anyone is interested and thinks they can do a tip top job.

Good fight this evening guys, was a lot of fun capping Amerish. Felt tight-knit and actually of worth to the faction, especially at The Bastion
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

A very good fight yesterday at the bastion. Good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Your time will come. Wait - when WILL your time come? ETA on your bits being fixed?
    I will make a call to get info about repairs tommorow.

After ... what was it three fridays (?) i can finally take part in a Freedom Friday again. See you this evening, if i am not kicked from the Outfit list. X-P

Your still in....I think :P

Also, people, don't forget:

The rejected community council

Quote Originally Posted by Felixader View Post
    After ... what was it three fridays (?) i can finally take part in a Freedom Friday again. See you this evening, if i am not kicked from the Outfit list. X-P
    Well only Waffly's doing the culling process and you also don't need to be on friday obligatory, just be online once in a while.

"Tactics" Meeting on sunday the 29th. I will post a topic soon(TM).

RTRS knuckleheaded antics montage:

Nice one Ayam.

Also, if no one objects then I will claim PL for next friday.