Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    I'll do my best. Don't know much about nc weaponry but I sure know freedom is awesome since cake is awesome

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    Also apologies to boffin for starting so many Vanu weapon conversations.
    At least I sang the praises of NC weapons! Seriously though, the EM6 is amazing. So accurate, good RoF, just the sweet spot for DPS and ease of use, and will never reload again (200 per mag!)

And I had fun tonight. Thanks, guys, for having me along.

Gauss SAW with adv. foregrip, 2x and compensator is where it's at for me. Currently saving up for the AA lock on launcher.

Going all in on Heavy at first for my NC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    You'd be better off getting the annihilator, it has the less buggy tracking algorithm.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

It's also a lot more expensive and can't be dumbfired.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    It's also a lot more expensive and can't be dumbfired.
    I have 61% accuracy with Shrike. You can dumbfire it :P
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Didn't enjoy Freedom Friday for once due to a combination of:

1) TR having very well trained opponents (I give BRTD their dues) but also just being a tidal wave due to numbers - this has been a killer the past 2 weeks
    2) Voice comms being dominated by incredibly boring conversation about game dynamics (which amounts to sounding like swamp-dwellers comparing guns) or sounding like boot camp
    3) The core vibe of personality being diluted

Freedom Friday is going in a more tactical direction recently, which makes sense given what we're facing with the TR, and the steadily rising numbers of NC attending but it massively lost the fun element last night for me. Big red batsu from me, but I've always been bleating on about my preference for smaller scale stuff with the eccentric personalities of RTRS being 10x the fun.

Not trying to change anything, whatever, that's the way it's heading naturally, so be it, just saying how I felt about last night. I'm still the happy friendly loveable guy you've always known me as. Please come see me in my amazing technicolor nanoweave suit show some time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post

Have to say pretty much the opposite for me. I actually enjoyed PLing for a change and thought we did very well. I totally agree about the boring conversations (which are always in evidence coughtouchingcough) and while I love RTRS for its dicking about nature as much as you, I don't think a bit of variety every so often and going the boot camp route (and proving that we're super fucking awesome) isn't a bad thing.

if it's been happening too much over the last few weeks then maybe you're right (I haven't been around), in which case we should definitely do fuck about Friday soon. Or do 1-2 of tactical play and then mess about when the TR/VS masses have all logged in. Which I could have done, but I was enjoying being a bossy twat too much (soz).

Obscure Node
    Just thought I'd stick my head in and apologise for missing so many Fridays in a row. Apart from being really busy at work, for some bizarre reason everytime I sit down to play Planetside lately my PC throws up an obscure error. First it was a borked motherboard, now it's a corrupted windows install...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Might I suggest we have a separate night for the more tactical play then? We used to have events on fridays and saturdays - could just move tactical to saturdays.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Khatta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Might be too saturated. Sundays though, we naturally have a squad or so. So we can move it there.

If Freedom Friday has naturally evolved into a larger more tactical night due to a variety of reasons, then keep it that way, that'll be your tactical night. That leaves 6 other nights for the jesters to dck around in small scale. I was just moaning, not looking for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Gauss SAW with adv. foregrip, 2x and compensator is where it's at for me. Currently saving up for the AA lock on launcher.

Going all in on Heavy at first for my NC.
    That's the Gauss SAW setup that I use - it's really good at mid-long range when you've learnt to deal with the recoil and/or mitigated it with those attachments. Useful to have a 3.4x scope certed for when you want to snipe with it as well.

The EM6 is, however, superior at close-mid range in comparison to the SAW (like, you know, every other LMG in the game is), and dat ammo... dat phat ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post

1) TR having very well trained opponents (I give BRTD their dues) but also just being a tidal wave due to numbers - this has been a killer the past 2 weeks
    2) Voice comms being dominated by incredibly boring conversation about game dynamics (which amounts to sounding like swamp-dwellers comparing guns) or sounding like boot camp
    3) The core vibe of personality being diluted
    [...]
    Oh my, BRTD. How many MAXs did they have on that point? Next time that happens I vote for smoke cover (I have the smoke launcher) and rushing it with MAXs and HAs. Or rolling AI vehicles up there and shelling them from close range. Preferably both.

I did find not hearing half the group weird when comms were split, but the only way around that would be getting the in-game comms levels set up properly to work alongside Mumble so we can run tactical squads whilst keeping everyone in the same Mumble channel.

So I have a week off starting friday the 25th, a special guest appearance is in order for that freedom friday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Looking forward to it waffly. It's funny that waffly's re-appearance has coincided with one of the infamous cullings.

*a flock of blue and yellow space crows swoop over the membership list as inactive members are once again purged from the system in the 4-monthly outfit health check*

*the blue and yellow space crows fly off into the horizon, leaving a trail of bright multi-coloured guano reading: The rank structure has also changed*

5 ranks. One was being used for the naughty corner. The naughty corner is now not in use, it was a fun joke in its day but ultimately if someone annoys the outfit, no naughty corner, just plain boot up the butt so far the water in my knee will quench their thirst (thanks for that one, Ras Kass).

New ranks:

President of Freedom - population: 2; only for the most sane and beautiful (all permissions)

Freedominator - population: 10; members of the outfit who merely do a bit more admin work than the rest (all permissions apart from Modify Rank Permissions)

True Blue - population: 34; those core members you have seen often over long periods in RTRS's glorious(ly shaky) history, I love these guys, nepotism has got them far (permissions to Invite Players and Join Voice Channel)

Blue Crew - population: 87; those members that make up the trigger finger of RTRS, NOT grunts, part of something more noble (permissions to Invite Players and Join Voice Channel)

New Blue - population: 45; relatively new to RTRS/NC/Miller, will become part of the Blue Crew once their Criminal Records Bureau check is clean (well, a bit of dirt is fine) (permission to join Voice Channel)

All the above is subject to change based on your feedback, looking forward to reading the inevitable criticisms and laughing and shaking my head and culling that person who criticised. FREEDOOOM!

Cuprum Blue for vanu tourists?

It would seem there has been a revolution whilst i've been away. Rip Arch-Dukes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

But is it Freedom-inator or Free-dominator?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Well, as I read it:

Free Dom in Ator, So aperantly I am a prisoner in Ator and Ayam is recruiting a group of "vollunteers" to bust me out.

It's something that doesn't rhyme with 'oo' because I ran out of ideas after new, true and crew I was envisioning a t-1000 of freedom for some reason when I cooked up that word but feel free to suggest some title names, nothing's set in stone, that's what the edit button is there for!

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    It would seem there has been a revolution whilst i've been away. Rip Arch-Dukes
    I'll change it to Freedom Phoenix for no better reason than alliteration. Arch-dukes does sound cool, though, so when you're back we'll revert it to that wild title of raw power. But for now, I want to be a Freedom Phoenix!