Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1318
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Some of you need to sort your priorities out. The cause of liberty needs to be put above all else - remember, "liberty or death!"
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Does 'liberty or death' have an irony to it or am I misinterpreting the phrase? Also, a Terran explained to me the high commerce high business values of the New Conglomerate hidden thinly under a veil of false freedom and How the terrans are basically about unifying the people and thus are the good guys. I don't want to defect to TR but the values of NC explained don't sit too well with me so I'm proposing we form the New New Conglomerate where freedom is a veil over more freedom. 'Liberty or the liberty to not liberty'

Lesser Hivemind Node
    'Liberty or the liberty not to liberty if you prefer not to liberty, though we'd really rather you preferred liberty to be honest.'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    How the terrans are basically about unifying the people and thus are the good guys.
    Does it make them good guys to kill their own old leader and frame NC for doing it?
    Would you consider Soviet Russia as a good guy trying to unify people? How about militaristic nations in Africa? The army fucked up when they started to increase their hold over the fleet instead of trying to reason.
    Can you imagine, how oppressive soldiers are in high tension situations?
    Sure NC is just going back to the ways, where companies get more power and "slavery" through money lives on, same world we live in today, paying for food and supplies with I.O.U. papers and now even with virtual papers.
    But here's a thing, in militaristic regime, only free people are leaders and it tends to go to right of birth freedom, while capitalism lets you earn your freedom, just get rich, having abundance of cash gives more freedom through more choices.

There are no good guys in Auraxis, just bunch of lost in space children trying to play grownups.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Sorry for stepping into your thread, but according to the PS2 lore, everyone is a bad guy:

• The New Conglomerate was a conspiracy of capitalists back on Earth to subvert the Terran Republic there, relaxing the regulations, transparency and rule of law that ensured peace and social harmony. In the PS2 Lore, the Terran Republic back on Earth seems to operate like a Scandinavian mixed economy. Their support to Connery aimed at taking control of whatever discoveries the expedition made, and using them towards their goals. After the eventful passage through the warmhole, they staged unrest in order to take control of the stranded fleet, instead of working towards the survival and success of the expedition.
    • The Terran Republic on Auraxis is a result of the framed assassination of former President and leader of the expedition Connery and a subsequent coup d'etat. Waterson orchestrated the whole thing and then took control of the fleet, imposing even more draconian rules on the stranded fleet, and eventually the colony on Auraxis. In essence, a junta of military and bureaucrats, clinging on the name of the Terran Republic in order to legitimise their power.
    • The Vanu Sovereignty, although having no hand in the aforementioned machinations, seem to be a bunch of amoral scientists. Although seemingly the only group that remained focused on the initial goals of the expedition, their use of the new-found technology can be described as dubious at best.

Although the lore is sketchy and at some points cliche, I like the fact that everyone is a bad guy. And my personal interpretation is that it is a breakdown of modern power structure: military and bureaucrats, capitalists and their subordinates, and the scientists that provide to the above the technology through which they exert control. But there are no masses on Auraxis to govern, and nanites have removed scarcity even from life itself. Yet they have been torn apart, fighting for control, where there is nothing to control anymore.

My 2 pennies (word to value ratio is not too good for such a long post!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Does 'liberty or death' have an irony to it or am I misinterpreting the phrase? Also, a Terran explained to me the high commerce high business values of the New Conglomerate hidden thinly under a veil of false freedom and How the terrans are basically about unifying the people and thus are the good guys. I don't want to defect to TR but the values of NC explained don't sit too well with me so I'm proposing we form the New New Conglomerate where freedom is a veil over more freedom. 'Liberty or the liberty to not liberty'
    I fully intend on turning on the NC when we win the war. Some might argue that I already have. But I do see "unifying the people" as much more evil than a corporate-driven push for a return to capitalism.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    No Freedom for me this friday
    Don't worry buddy. I'll freedom it up twice as much for your sake!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    The Vanu Sovereignty, although having no hand in the aforementioned machinations, seem to be a bunch of amoral scientists. Although seemingly the only group that remained focused on the initial goals of the expedition, their use of the new-found technology can be described as dubious at best
    To me they seem that too, but more so they seem a bunch of religious zealots worshipping Vanu through its idols: technology (or in RPS's case worshipping Jim), that's the vibe I caught when I read through the lore (ironically I didn't read it religiously though!).

Apologies, couldn't make it, something about hospital discharge processes taking forever, hope it went well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    It was a good night, old school leadership with waffly. I do apologize for pressing the sunderer support squad set-up into your plans, but it's something that slowly takes shape, need practice and experience to see what it needs to improve upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    It was a good night, old school leadership with waffly. I do apologize for pressing the sunderer support squad set-up into your plans, but it's something that slowly takes shape, need practice and experience to see what it needs to improve upon.
    If anything , I found the sunderer blob most useful! It was great to be back, it'd been too long! I should be around next friday as well if all goes to plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Nice, good to hear. Also, would you mind if I PL next week? Got something new, interesting and fun in mind that might work on Indar as well as Esamir.

Has anyone figured out what we did to upset the French Lobby guys last night? I had to lolpod both QuickZone and VeCtoRZeXe to stop them Pheonixing people's tanks, but I'm guessing from their killboards that it was friendly fire that must've upset them... I honestly don't know.

I tried finding anything that could have sparked their insanity, but sadly I couldn't find anything that could even slightly justify their attempts of destroying us. Must be something in the water maybe that caused this sudden flash of insanity. Maybe a virus deployed by the vanu?

Massed Skyguards, whilst effective, can be damn boring! Other than that, fun night. I'll see ya'll round christmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    Massed Skyguards, whilst effective, can be damn boring! Other than that, fun night. I'll see ya'll round christmas!
    Might be worth having the skyguards but making them squad open and not having them manned constantly, as i agree it is dull and you don't need them for the odd passing esf but the swarm of them that might attack.

I have no idea what was going on tonight, but I'm still giggling away - great fun!

So when's the podcast coming out?

Collection of conversation moments (aka the podcast) is months down the line, but final action moments montage coming up this Saturday.

And yes, Friday was damn great fun, mainly because of the conversation. So lovably irreverent

Lesser Hivemind Node
    DOM DOM DOM DOM

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pu01-patch-notes-11-12.157453/

• Fixed issue where lower ranks of Sunderer Proximity Repair could not repair Sunderers that had a higher rank equipped.

/dance/joy/chaos/madness