Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    On other news, I do ask people to go read my GEP topic on NCTO forums, I do need feedback and your mental preparation for it
    GEP = Giraffe Extermination Project?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewi View Post
    GEP = Giraffe Extermination Project?
    Nah, animals should be hunted, till they're almost dead, then let them reproduce and hunt again, while saying "I killed you mother! Muhahahahaah!"
    So no extermination is planed
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

'rotas, you should be able to set up stuff on the Steam group. Will check out the NCTO post-thang tomorrow eve. Also July 21st there's a call to arms (Sunday) so we should do some giraffe-hunting then. 20 yellow and blue medals to the man who brings me Jim Rossignol's virtual head for not mentioning us any more.

eltdown, for the hot modem I recommend a fan staring at it. I pointed a fan directly at my Macbook Pro when I was working abroad in hot hot countries and it did the trick. The problem is the wind would constantly be over the tops of my hands which felt REALLY weird by the end of a 2 hour playing session. Fortunately you won't have that with the modem in the corner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    First Auraxium medal! God bless the GD-7F
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

More and more tempted to get that gun, Bastiat, well done on the medal.

Also on Friday I can do up to 9pm. Given time zones, I figure Ban will go first from 7-8, Dom from 8-9, I was planning to go 9-10 but can't so we'll figure out on the night who's around and seems most up for that coveted finale slot.

Can finish up, will be drunk enough Gratz, RD-D2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    So Ayam first, me second, bank third. Sounds like a plan.

Why thankee guys going for Blitz next. I'm not sure how long I'll be around tomorrow if at all, I'm kinda game jamming with a couple of friends, but I imagine I'll want a couple of hours' break at some point

Also, you should definitely get the GD-7F. First gun I bought, and still my favourite. Feels like it packs quite the punch even at range.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

Had to duck out of the Crown ninja plan when we were forced back to point B, how did that end? Excellent leading, though, fine plan Dom, fine plan.

Also loved how I went from 6-7pm even though things were supposed to start at 7; my biological time-clock is all over the place, sorry about that .

We almost took The Crown against vastly superior numbers. We were a minute away from capping with a minute to go on the cap, but we had to pull out in the end.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

After this last Freedom Friday part of me's wondering what impressions Laldy got of us - it was one of the more frustrating FFs, both for me (too hot! seemed laggy!) and for others, judging from the increased cries of woe, as well. I eventually realised I had a Cornetto in the freezer so that made me feel better.

Thanks to all the PLs, and I feel I should add that Sunka1 deserves some praise for stepping up to do some late-night platoon leading as well - jolly good show!

I've now finally started (and finished) HL2 so should be free for more PS2 later today. Not sure what to make of HL2, although I was impressed with the voice acting and the AI. A bit annoyed that I've played through thinking the lighting was awful then later found it's actually bugged to hell and should've been much better throughout. Ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    I eventually realised I had a Cornetto in the freezer so that made me feel better.
    Hopefully it was one of the strawberry ones, those are awesome.

I had MASSIVE fun on Friday - perhaps those increased cries of woe happened after I left but even being beaten back at the crown was still a hugely fun fight, even if the end result wasn't a win it was good enough for me. And remember your roots, soldier, doesn't matter what any of the VS heavyweights think of us. Even Andov himself! *forum-lightning strikes Ayam*

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by eltdown View Post
    After this last Freedom Friday part of me's wondering what impressions Laldy got of us - it was one of the more frustrating FFs, both for me (too hot! seemed laggy!) and for others, judging from the increased cries of woe, as well. I eventually realised I had a Cornetto in the freezer so that made me feel better.

Thanks to all the PLs, and I feel I should add that Sunka1 deserves some praise for stepping up to do some late-night platoon leading as well - jolly good show!
    I did find FF pretty frustrating, though I think this was the form of most of the battles - large fights against huge numbers of TR - at which I'm particularly useless. And alas, no Cornetto in the freezer to cheer me up! :-(

I was evidently a bit late to the proceedings but felt Dom did really well as PL (I missed Ayam and only caught the end of Bank's time), trying some different manoeuvres and mixing things up while giving clear orders throughout. It can be pretty frustrating though when we just get swamped by TR and don't achieve much.

As Eltdown said, Sunka1 did well later on as defacto PL even if he didn't want to officially adopt the mantle!

Unfortunately, my evening never really improved and I slunk off in a poor mood later on.

Was good fun last friday and I have to say the sneack attack on the crown worked better then I expected. If only I hadn't forgotten about the jumpads they added. As no squad was guarding that position and the sneaky engineer that blew up the first sunderer at point B came from that direction. That cost us the momentum, that and the fact we where outnumber 2 or 3 to 1.

But I was wodnering, as we had quiet a lot of Vanu immigrants, what their impression was of a freedom friday? Suggestions? Tips? Things they learned?

Yea, on the subject of last FF, I had a lot of fun - though I do feel Delta squad could've been made more use of at the Crown, we spent a good 15 minutes defending a silent C point. 38Parrots was hooked on the game based on the level of strategic play we managed (though I did warn him that was practically 3 times the number of people normally on), so I'd say as an outfit we did remarkably well My highlight was the gal drop behind lines, not often we do that
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

though I do feel Delta squad could've been made more use of at the Crown
    Yeah, I tried to keep them in the vehicles in reserve and have them push forward after the other vehicles where destroyed. Turned out that the other vehicles refused to be destroyed for much longer then I expected. And I made the call for Delta to push forward just a little to late as the numbers of TR where to high to stop them even with vehicles.

It did tought me one thing, don't try to do something important yourself if your PL. My sundy was the main respawn location for soemtime, so I tried to keep it up and defended. The downside if that I was less focussed on the map, and in a fight like at the crown as PL you mostly looking at the map trying to direct the squads around to have them at positions of importance. It's though, but next time we will take the crown. I am sure of it.

We put up an epic fight regardless, man. 25% of the population as a faction, but we were still a minute away from capping it. I was really impressed with what you pulled off there. Felt like RTRS were a real asset to the faction that night.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate

This friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Just a heads up, if Implants in GU13 will be implemented as devs promise, I'll probably stop playing for quite some time.

Edit: and remembered, since Waffly's back, we should do an outfit meeting. We do need to talk about what and how we're doing in NCTO.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 17-07-2013 at 02:49 PM.

We should do an outfit meeting. We do need to talk about what and how we're doing in NCTO.
    One of these couldn't harm. It's always helpfull what peopl think, expect and hope to see in the outfit.