Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Hey fellas, can anyone give me an invite as well? Please send an invite to 'Kathlanka'.

In need of an invite as well when its good for someone, Eigen Cheers!

Don't suppose I could get one of those invites also? Name in game is Graever same as on these forums.
    Last edited by Graever; 29-11-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Obscure Node
    My NC guy on Miller is Icemaaan, I would like an outfit invite please.

Obscure Node
    I would love to play more organized in PS2. My chars name on Miller is Neko. i hope i get an invite and could have some fun with you guys.

Activated Node
    if any one wants adding to NC outfit add my name "HammerfistXI" to your friends list in game and send me a msg when i am online and ill invite you

Here are some links that are useful:

The game is bad at using CPU. If you have a good GPU, you can gain significant performance boost by doing the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Hat" post="409955123
    We figured out that mid to high-end computers can magically summon FPS by pushing the games graphics settings to "ultra" and making a few adjustments in the UserOptions.ini. You can check it out by going to (default path in win7) C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\UserOptions.ini and replacing the rendering section with the following

Code:
    [Rendering]
    VSync=0 
    OverallQuality=-1
    GraphicsQuality=4
    TextureQuality=4 
    ShadowQuality=2
    LightingQuality=4
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=4 
    TerrainQuality=4
    FloraQuality=0
    ModelQuality=4
    ParticleLOD=4
    MotionBlur=0
    AO=1
    RenderDistance=15000
    Gamma=0.490000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    VerticalFOV=74
    Also find the flora section a little farther down in the .ini
    Code:
    [Terrain]
    RenderFlora=Off

No flora, limited instead of infinite render distance and low shadows will give you a boost. My render % is at 85 and I don't have a Nvidia GPU so no physics for me. No vsync and max FOV is a personal preference. If you want more pretty out of it you can push render and shadows up, if you want more FPS you can drop the resolution. This has been tested on a core i7-950, 12 gigs triple channel DDR3-1666, and an MSI HD5830 on a 21" 1920x1200 monitor playing on 1680x1050. 6 bros and counting are reporting total improvement in visual quality AND FPS.

It might be that PS2 is a 32bit application that can only use 4gigs of ram. In my armchair computer scientist's opinion, the trick is to force that GPU to work as hard as it can. Turning the settings down (specifically low and medium settings) increases CPU stress and ignores the potential of the video card. You can rearrange the settings as much as you like as long as you limit the render distance and flora while pushing quality settings up to "ultra".
    And also, gdoc of the various weapon stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...SUVxLWc&gid=12

To get it sortable, just copy-paste to Excel or OpenCalc and filter the faction column.
    Multinational man of misery.

Would be nice to do a bit of outfit play.

YohnTheViking

Reasonably new, been running around learning the basics of being a combat medic (and how to avoid dying in two seconds). And should I ever get the flight stick properly configured will be doing a bunch of self taught flying lessons...

Varrus, Ayam, wafflynumber, wolfenswan, HammerfistXI and Dominicus (y'know, the granddaddy of Sunderers) are able to invite, so if you see any of us online give us a shout.

Obscure Node
    Any of you lot able to invite me to the Steam group?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trillex View Post
    Any of you lot able to invite me to the Steam group?
    The group you want to join is "Rock Planet Side" search for that bad boy and hit join

and as ayam said
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Varrus, Ayam, wafflynumber, wolfenswan, HammerfistXI and Dominicus (y'know, the granddaddy of Sunderers) are able to invite, so if you see any of us online give us a shout.
    all of the above names are in game names of members that can add to outfit. the best way for an invite to the outfit is pop onto mumble, check this [/url=http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2515-README-Mumble-VOIP-for-Arma-2-and-other-games] link [/url] for all the info regarding mumble its easy to set up and there normally some one sitting in there are channel is called smurfs, or add the above names into your friends list in PS2 and when they pop online you will get added, and the 3rd way is jump on are FREEDOM FRIDAYS!!!!! this day is a day in which we all try to get on for around 8:00-:8:30 and will spend the night doing a big group event

1. Join mumble
    2. send a friend request in game to the above names "press o in game then click on friends tab, then at the button of the list there is a field you can type in with a + at the right insert name there"
    2. fight for freeeeeeeeeeedom!

19:00 BST tonight again?

I'd love to play more of that game during the week, but it just was not physically possible... -.-

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Sorry for being absolutely useless last night, guys. My housemate has tinnitus which usually means LOUD NOISES come from his computer. Doesn't gel well with my inability to hear.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    It would appear to be 7pm GMT, not BST.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Activated Node
    freedom fridays kick off around 7:30 GMT, 1 hour from now! i am on mumble and in game if any one wants an invite

Obscure Node
    Hi could i get an invite into the outfit in game name is athruin

Some preliminary holiday snaps: http://imgur.com/a/8gOiS
    Multinational man of misery.

Obscure Node
    Please invite "Eraysor", thanks

Yeah...sorry for dropping out suddenly. Weather is actually horrible enough to possibly have eaten up bandwith.

Can I get an invite for Parallellines1? Thanks.