Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoodAbides View Post
    Hey guys, I was the awkward Indian kid in the corner. Decided it was about time I actually get onto the forums.
    YOU. I spoke to you! Hi. I would have said a little more but I was ridiculously sunburned.

Hello! No worries, I'm afraid poor Joćo got stuck with me for a good part of the night though.

Activated Node
    Thank you so much for coming everyone, great to see so many could make it. Lots of new faces too! My Norwegian non-gaming friends loved it; said they had some good conversations with very friendly people. Apologies to anyone who got slapped. All Norwegian women are like that. Then again, I suspect some of you might have enjoyed it. She's so cute.

So, since everyone I know are going to Rezzed this weekend and I'm poor, I figured I'd ask if anyone's interested in meeting up for some board gaming in SE London this Saturday? Bar Story in Peckham is just around the corner from Peckham Rye Station and they've got some nice big tables we may use; it's usually quiet until around 6 when it's happy hour and you get two amazingly strong cocktails for £6. Not the greatest beer selection, but the mojitos are good. Decent pizza too.
    Was thinking we could meet up around 2pm, but I need to know if anyone's interested. Someone who owns board games, since I don't. I'm a complete noob, so you'll need a bit of patience, but it'd be really cool if anyone would like to come and teach me how to play something. Any takers?

I can vouch for Bar Story's cocktails being strong and nice! I'd be up for coming along, but I know very little about board gaming. The only board game I own is Key to the Kingdom.
    I have a new book out. Fancy some cynical fantasy comedy? Check it out:
    http://amzn.to/1oVrKlx

Read my other stories: http://tessstenson.blogspot.co.uk/

Activated Node
    I'm totally fine with just drinking if that means I won't have to go to Bar Story by myself, although I'd suggest a later start if no one's up for playing. Like ... 4pm? Two's a party, Stense?

Oh, and I'll sort out the upcoming Socials next week. In addition to the regular meet-ups at Blue Posts we might arrange some more impromptu pub meets and park drinks if the weather forecast looks promising, so pay attention to this thread. I'll notify everyone on the mailing list when something's up as well, so if you want to keep track you can send me your email address (bagatell@gmail.com).

Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    I'm totally fine with just drinking if that means I won't have to go to Bar Story by myself, although I'd suggest a later start if no one's up for playing. Like ... 4pm? Two's a party, Stense?
    Sounds like a party then Siri. I look forward to trying some of the other cocktails there.

Activated Node
    The Bloody Mary is very OM NOM; pleasantly surprised, never had one of those liquid dinners before.

Still not too late if anyone wants to do board games, just shout so we know whether to be there at 2 or 4 ...

Activated Node
    I only get updates at the end of the day so you'll have to forgive my late reply. I'm only at Rezzed tomorrow (today?) and barring picking up and taking dog for a walk I would love to join you. I can bring some smaller games if you were still interested, I generally don't enjoy things that take longer than 5 minutes to explain sober, 7 drunk.

[EDIT] Realizing I probably won't know the response until I get back in Friday night, but I should be good for 14:00 assuming I can work out how the hell to get there.
    Last edited by MalkContent; 06-07-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Activated Node
    Excellent! Do bring games. Smaller ones will suit my attention span. I'll be there at 2, need to get out of the house anyway. Oh, address: SE15 4QL
    Did we speak last Saturday, by the way? Are you in any of the photos?

Activated Node
    Did we speak last Saturday, by the way? Are you in any of the photos?
    Don't know and yes I am in most of them!

I will bring a bevvy of games small enough to fit in my bag. I'm thinking Gozu, Citadels, Eaten By Zombies and maybe, just maybe Puppet Wars if you promise not to laugh at my abysmal half painting.
    Last edited by MalkContent; 06-07-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Activated Node
    Cool, I think I've figured out who to look for and wave at. Looking forward to it, haven't played any of those games before.

Activated Node
    I'm one of the long haired ones. If it isn't dismal I'll be wearing shorts, if it is dismal I'll have baggy trousers on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Apologies to anyone who got slapped. All Norwegian women are like that. Then again, I suspect some of you might have enjoyed it. She's so cute.
    I have added "never invite a Norwegian woman to slap me in the face" to my long list of life lessons! Though having met one Norwegian before I should have perhaps been less surprised!

Good times.

I figure I should defend JamesG's honour, by the way. The only reason he accepted our offer to balance a pint glass on each of his hands, was because he was incredibly pissed.

Planning on heading over to Bar Story around 2ish. That still the plan?

Activated Node
    Yep! Bringing a friend as well. Anyone else coming?

Activated Node
    Sorry won't be coming down. Got caught in the rain something awful yesteday and woke up today with an ugly cold.

Activated Node
    I guess no one's inside and in front of their computers to read this right now, but the Blue Posts is booked for this Saturday and I hope some of you will make it there alive despite the *lympics. Be brave!

Saturday 28/07
    The Blue Posts
    W1D 6DJ
    From 6pm - midnight

New faces always welcome; we don't really care if you think you're too awkward or socially inept (I still can't believe some people actually use that as an excuse, I'm very awkward and I'm having a great time with these guys). People are generally very friendly and you're allowed to talk to anyone. DON'T BE SHY!

If I don't make it on Saturday assume I perished against the hordes of Olympic tourists on the tube

Assuming I do survive I'll be bringing The Resistance and Skull & Roses again

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhugie View Post
    If I don't make it on Saturday assume I perished against the hordes of Olympic tourists on the tube

Assuming I do survive I'll be bringing The Resistance and Skull & Roses again

Huzzah, I can repeatedly suck at Skulls and Roses again. I'll try and bring some stuff down. Maybe Mall of Horror for backstabby voting fun.