Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I won't know anyone either but I'm thinking of coming along too, long time reader but never posted before even! Met Kieron at an indelicates gig on wednesday and he mentioned this, sounded like fun.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well, I'm here, nice and early, at the mercy of my train as always. If anyone wants to find me I'm upstairs wearing a star wars t shirt (cool, huh??)...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Bah, very annoyingly I'm not going to be able to make it this time. Lack of money and work calls. :(

Everyone have a good time; I'll be at Drinking in Parks.
    Multinational man of misery.

Activated Node
    Ansob: SSSHH, don't call it DiP. It's not DiP; it's GDiaP. Ste Curran holds the copyright on that title. We already stole his pub, so it's probably not a good idea to agitate him further. I've seen him swing a cricket bat; this could get really ugly.

Good luck, everyone! Hope you're enjoying it. Truly disappointed I can't be there tonight.

Siri: when we're done, there will be nothing of Ste Curran left! (because we will have stolen all of it)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I was there, it was good. I might put some photos up tomorrow. Sadly the bit towards the end of the night where we all gathered together and sang a song about how much we missed Siri Hommelsgard* was not captured on tape.

*note: may not actually have happened. Totally should have though, and would have if the idea hadn't occurred to me on the tube home.

Thanks to the various nice and friendly people I spoke to - it was fun, though I couldn't stay as long as I wanted since the South West Trains timetable is slightly incompatible with a social life.
    There is nothing more powerful than a bad idea who's time has come...

Pictures.
    Please note that that girl over there did not have the demon eyes, as far as I could tell. I'm just bad at taking pictures.
    Also pictured: the chips and cheese and butter that gave Daave a dreadful case of Butter Poisoning. When even a Scottishman like me is looking askance at your meal, that's a sign that it might not be a good idea...
    Not pictured: the excellent chip butty that Lewie Proctor bought for 1.85, cheapest thing on the menu. He has a nose for bargains.

Last edited by President Weasel; 17-07-2011 at 09:46 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I am smiling in a picture! (I am also a bit shiny!) It must have been a good time!

I enjoyed myself greatly, although was making less and less sense as there evening wore on again ;-). Hi to everyone I chatted to later on, I may not have been very good at the whole 'remembering people's names' by that point, but that's what I get for starting early. I don't learn. Many good games (and non-games! Shocking!) conversations were had, and everyone was jolly nice as always. I look forward to the next one with anticipation!

Also, do not add half a pack of butter to already-oozing cheesy chips. After seeing Dave's face later, it comes out as highly not recommended.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Hi Chainsaw, Weasel, Cooper, and anyone else I met :)

Obscure Node
    so ... parking on august 13th?

So who's coming to DiP, then?

Activated Node
    I'll be along, assuming the weather is not awful and there's not too much rioting.

It's sunny! I take it that means we'll be seeing everyone at 2. Bring tasty, tasty booze.

Should be there a bit later!

Activated Node
    So this is in soho square? the one with the tiny little house in the middle, right?

be warned - it was raining heavily last night and it's likely to be showery today

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    So this is in soho square? the one with the tiny little house in the middle, right?
    Yep, that's the one. I'm there already! Stood by the house thing, wearing a pink/white striped shirt & black jeans. I'm trying to find Siri so we can group up, but I think she's not here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    be warned - it was raining heavily last night and it's likely to be showery today
    Would've been nice to know before I neglected to bring any kind of coat or brolly... :P
    Last edited by Ansob; 13-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Actually, there's no Siri this week anyway. Come find me by the house thing, sat in the grass. Grey bag, sunglasses, not shaved.
    Last edited by Ansob; 13-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Activated Node
    Horse cocks.