Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Yay! I shall beat you all at Skulls & Roses (Cc Meat Circus).

Activated Node
    Some of us are meeting up at 4pm to play board games, you're all welcome to join and bring games of your own if you wish.

Activated Node
    Awesome! I'll bring Infiltration along to the early start, as well as anything else that can fit in my bag.

Activated Node
    Thanks for coming, everyone! I'll remind you again later, but I've booked The Blue Posts for every last Saturday of the month in 2012, so there's your chance to plan ahead.

You should stick these dates in your calendar right away:

25/08
    29/09
    27/10
    24/11
    29/12

Activated Node
    Cool. I shall be in attendance! May even bring my entourage.

Activated Node
    Great! Anyone else coming this Saturday?

Also, the meet-up in September will most likely NOT be held at The Blue Posts. It's the Eurogamer Expo that weekend, so there might be RPS drinks somewhere closer to Earls Court. I'll keep you posted.

Obscure Node
    Will be there but a bit late since I'm going to watch a foot to ball game in Southampton.

Activated Node
    I'll be travelling back from a wedding that morning, so my presence may or may not occur depending on how drunk I get at the reception.

I'm planning to come this Saturday, and hoping to drag a few like-minded souls along with me.
    It's my first time - be gentle with me! :o)

Activated Node
    Looking forward to it!

By the way, does anyone need a copy of The Walking Dead Vol. 15? I've got two, could bring it tomorrow if anyone want it.

I am thinking of making the trip. Don't know ANYONE though. I also want to bring my brand new Descent second edition, although I have not learnt the rules yet.
    Should I?

I registered here only to say, after reading for many moons, that I'd be honoured to turn up. Like the previous poster, I won't know anyone but that never stopped me.

Whee! Roll out the barrell. If I can make the games I will but the drink is much more important.

Long live RPS!!!

What about drink and boardgames AT THE SAME TIME?

Dammit! The heavens opened and it's stopped me coming out. If it clears up, I'll pop along later.

Activated Node
    Guys, I meant to tell you how great the last Social was, but I've been awfully busy with my new job lately and I'm rarely online these days. Anyway, it was great fun, good to see lots of new faces!

Important bit:
    There won't be a meet-up at the Blue Posts this month; this is happening instead: http://indiegame-themeetup.eventbrite.co.uk/
    Be sure to get your tickets asap, I'm sure they'll go fast. Hope to see you there!

Dude, Siri, I totally missed out on the "tickets". Can I still come and wave at you and you'll be like "I know that guy, he owes me, let him through," and the guards will reluctantly let me pass. Is that cool? Plus you do know me, we played board games last time and I'm the guy who convinced the waitress to give us the leftovers of that freaky party of bold man in costumes.

Activated Node
    Oh man, I'm not organising this so I don't think it would help. Jim is, so try waving a couple of quid in his face and do sexy moves. I can't guarantee it'll work, though. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    waving a couple of quid in his face and do sexy moves
    That is indeed how I achieve things in life, Siri. I did manage to get on the list because some people cancelled and a girl named Hannah was kind enough to give me a "pass". Unfortunately, I was told by some of the organizers that Jim was unable to make it and no other RPSers would be coming either. I didn't see you there. Maybe you came much later. I found Meat Circus but he didn't recognize me at all. You play 2 hours of board games with a guy and he pretends like nothing happened. : )

Oh well. I had this pitch I wanted to pitch to Jim but I guess I'll have to find some other opportunity. The place was super crowded anyway - obstructing movement, speech and respiration.

Hope to see you in November.

Activated Node
    I didn't see you either, but didn't get there until 9 and it was terribly crowded. We ended up heading over to the Blue Posts after a while, as the music was so loud it was impossible to talk. Bit weird for a networking event. I shall definitely see you in November. You're not coming to the one in end of this month, then?

By the way, will anyone be around for 29th of December? I fear it's a bit optimistic since a lot of people are going home to their families, but the function room is booked and I will be there. Possibly with cake. Christmas party for the lonely!

Is there one at end of this month? I thought this was instead of that. I'll definitely be there if XCOM and Dishonored allow me. I should be more or less saturated by then. Or so I tell myself.

Yeah, I left around 8:30 because it was very hard to be there. Was more like an orgy with strangers than a networking event.