Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    I just setup a Group for a proposed RPS Social Club Glasgow, is anyone in and around Glasgow/Scotland interested in that? I was thinking the Flying Duck as the meeting place.

Let me know who is interested in this as I'd like to organize one whether the Hivemind's is involved or not.

:D

Activated Node
    You all know it's happening again this Saturday, right? Good! It'll be more fun than that GDC thing, promise.

New readers: It's at the Blue Posts, W1D 6DJ from 6pm to midnight. You'll find us in the upstairs bar, all welcome.

People who turn up early to play board games: Do you always do that, every time? Is it safe to say that there's usually board gamers around from 4-ish, or do you reckon it's best to ask on the forums first?

Kuranghi: I suggest making an RPS Social GLASGOW thread to get things going as this one says London in the topic and may not be read by as many non-Londoners. Best of luck!

Activated Node
    IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE and particularly someone who will be at the Social this Saturday

halp? :

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE and particularly someone who will be at the Social this Saturday

halp? :
    I should be there from 4ish if I wake up and get myself in gear!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    My calendar says that for once I'm free on Saturday so providing I don't overindulge on Friday night I might make my way over. I might even arrive early to play these board games of which people speak, but that may be asking too much!

Can I improve my saying I'm going:actually going from its measly 3-ish:1 ratio? Who knows!

I'll be going, and intend to be there for the board games contingent.
    My Blog|Steam|GW2 Main: Chakan Khimar

Activated Node
    Hi Social goers,

Have you heard of GameCamp? GameCamp 6 takes place at London South Bank university on the 18th of May, and I've been asked to find a handful of reliable volunteers who can help out with easy (but important) tasks during the event. It will mainly be things like updating the board, live-tweeting sessions, manning the reception and monitoring lunch, so nothing too frightening.

Let me know if you're interested in doing 2 hours of work on the 18th, you'll obviously be able to enjoy lunch and the rest of the event for free (We have a schedule so you'll know what to do when). Volunteering is a great way to network, it's easy to get chatting to people when you're in charge of Doin Thangs. You also get to take (very polite) orders from the marvelous James Wallis who is a pleasure to work with and generally a fantastic man. Also, if we can draw more people from the Social Club, the drinks in the evening will be awesome.

Please only commit if you can definitely make it, as we usually won't have much back-up available if someone don't show up.

Thanks!

Activated Node
    Also: park before the Blue Posts next Social?

Park before pub sounds like a champion idea. Should we do another Baking Social?
    I have a new book out. Fancy some cynical fantasy comedy? Check it out:
    http://amzn.to/1oVrKlx

Read my other stories: http://tessstenson.blogspot.co.uk/

Activated Node
    Hi all,

Sorry for the short notice, but this Saturday's social has been moved to The Ship on Borough Road: http://shipborough.co.uk/
    The manager at the Blue Posts apologizes for double booking. Next Social (29/06) will be at the Blue Posts as usual.

Unfortunately I don't really have the time to plan any park stuff at the moment, but there's a wonderful beer garden at the Ship where it should be possible to meet up early for boardgames if anyone's interested.

Obscure Node
    Fuck. I've just realised I've missed this thinking it was next week.

Obscure Node
    Also - has anyone seen this? http://arcadeheroes.com/2013/05/02/l...bar-in-london/ Around the corner from the Blue Posts.

It's hosting a series of E3-nights. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...on-game-events Used to be a ridiculous Mango dessert shop, which was never going to make any money. Might do a bit better as a gaming place.

So, I've just bought a copy of Munchkin after playing it for the first time and I'm trying to get some people together to play it for the evening.

It's quick to learn, easy to play - is anyone interested in giving it a bash? Probably in a week or so from now, looking for 1-2 players to join our 3 but more is cool aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Obscure Node
    Wholeheartedly recommend Munchkin (I have 3 versions myself :) - supes, cthulu and standard - I've played most of the rest with the group I board game with regularly).

Another "go to" Pub card game is Fluxx - not as much interplayer shanking, but still fun, quick and easy to cart around.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    So, I've just bought a copy of Munchkin after playing it for the first time and I'm trying to get some people together to play it for the evening.

It's quick to learn, easy to play - is anyone interested in giving it a bash? Probably in a week or so from now, looking for 1-2 players to join our 3 but more is cool aswell.
    I'd love to get in on any munchkining that is happening. Sadly most of my sets, except for Booty, have been lost over various moves I still love the game. I also promise not to shout out you this time, even if you steal cupcakes.

Sounds good, I'll get in touch when I've set an actual date, although we're ad-hoc organising it on Twitter at the moment it appears, so if you have twitter, @_Jaketucker is me.

I've only got the base set, but if we enjoy it and feel like playing again, I'll buy some more expansions.
    You, sir, are awesome.

Okay, we're playing Munchkin on the 24th of this month, and we're probably going to go to Loading [because they take care now]

Malkcontent, there's a space for you if you want it

Everyone else - we have two spots left, first to call gets to play some Munchkin! :)
    You, sir, are awesome.

Last warning that if you fancy some last minute Munchkin, real life intervened and two people had to drop out. If you feel like it, Loading Bar is on Rupert street and it's just up the road from the Blue Posts and if you get lost you can tweet at me (@_jaketucker)

We'll be there from about six!
    You, sir, are awesome.

Activated Node
    It is the Social this Saturday!

Did anyone go the the last one?

That's how rubbish I am. In fact, I am so rubbish at organising the Social that I need someone else to take on the task. It's not hard, all you need is a little bit of spare time and maybe a hint of energy. If you have all these amazing abilities, you're probably fit to organise the RPS Social club (I know for a fact that you don't even need to wear matching socks). The important thing is that you're able to communicate with the landlord (he speaks English); to make noise about the Social just before it happens (very few people use calendars these days), and also to poke Adam until he starts shouting about the Social on the front page because that usually did the trick for our turnout. Bonus points if you're mostly able to attend EVERY MONTH. Your reward: Lots of free beer and wonderful people.

And yes, THE RPS SOCIAL IS THIS SATURDAY

You also need to understand when to use line breaks and colours strategically like I just did there, and if you're tempted and think you fit the bill, please contact me in any way. I'll swing by this Saturday to apologize for being up to my arse in work. When you see how tall I am, you'll understand.

<3

I may be tall enough to take on the mantle of RPS Socialite, if you like? Talk about it on Saturday, if you like? If you like?
    I have a new book out. Fancy some cynical fantasy comedy? Check it out:
    http://amzn.to/1oVrKlx

Read my other stories: http://tessstenson.blogspot.co.uk/