Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Cool.

Last Eurogamer expo time, we all met in the O'Neills bar nearby (dead simple to find as its basically just round the corner and along the street a bit from the convention centre). I live close by, I could perhaps pop in and see if they have the upstairs room available if enough people are interested in coming?

Activated Node
    If my Twitter-reading is correct, I think RPS-plans are already in motion to organise something, and the O' Neil's is booked up already, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronWR View Post
    If my Twitter-reading is correct, I think RPS-plans are already in motion to organise something, and the O' Neil's is booked up already, but I could be wrong.
    Can you verify? My twitter reading is poor, and it'd be nice to have a plan.

Just so we can chomp cigars and say "I love it when a plan comes together."
    Multinational man of misery.

Activated Node
    Jim says Friday is the day, apparently. Not sure there is a location yet.

Activated Node
    Dammit! Why can't the world revolve around me?
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

Excellent, if Overlord Jim has said Friday then I won't argue.

Activated Node
    Has anything concrete on this emerged yet?

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...t-o-chat-2011/

The Atlas pub by the looks of things.

Activated Node
    Yeh, that appeared after I posted. Damn shame I have plans for Friday. But if anyone's at the Expo on Sunday I can do a few drinks to discuss the day's adventures.

Bumps for GREAT JUSTICE.

Ok! The next Rock, Paper Shotgun SocialClub is on the 22nd of October. The room's booked in and everything. O:

Please do come along. Even if you hate other people; we will change your mind. Have friends that mentioned they played pong once? Bring them along!

It'll be an amazing night, with amazing people. The Blue Posts is very easy to find - It's near Piccadilly Circus. I'll cross-post this from page one:

WHERE IS THE BLUE POST?
    The Blue Post is a charming pub just off Leicester Square, at 28 Rupert Street, postcode W1D 6DJ. It's very close to Piccadilly and Leicester Square tube stations, and fairly close to half the ones in central London. You can find maps and directions over at trusty old Google Maps.

There's decent food available, and there's a bar upstairs in the function room, as well as a toilet. This saves you from associating with the proles and beggars likely to be found downstairs, and ensures that you won't fall down the stairs when collecting your tray of Jäger shots.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    If you are tempted by the chips and cheese (very reasonably priced and a decent amount of chips for your money) then do not cover them in butter.
    This public service announcement brought to you by the Foundation for Learning From Daave's Mistakes.

Hello everyone - bumping the thread to announce that on Saturday it will be a very special event indeed; it is none other than beloved RPS Forum User Ansob's birthday that day! We will celebrate by:

Talking about games!
    Drinking!
    Eating (If you're hungry)!
    More games!
    Gaaaaaaaames!

FURTHERMORE: Kieron Gillen, former RPS Writer, might be turning up as Gaming's own Father Christmas, with a bag of games that he needs to offload to needy RPS socialites before he moves house.

Please spread the word - it's going to be a great night, and fun times will be had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    Hello everyone - bumping the thread to announce that on Saturday it will be a very special event indeed; it is none other than beloved RPS Forum User Ansob's birthday that day! We will celebrate by:

Talking about games!
    Drinking!
    Eating (If you're hungry)!
    More games!
    Gaaaaaaaames!

FURTHERMORE: Kieron Gillen, former RPS Writer, might be turning up as Gaming's own Father Christmas, with a bag of games that he needs to offload to needy RPS socialites before he moves house.

Please spread the word - it's going to be a great night, and fun times will be had by all.
    By which Bakke means that it's at the Blue Posts (still W1D 6DJ) at 6pm.

(On Saturday the 22nd, in case you missed it the first time.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Alas, I am having a housewarming party then.

I will attempt the next one with great trepidation.

Activated Node
    You know how to make these things work against me. I'm out in Surrey all day but should be back in time. Ansob, as a gift I'll give your book back to you :p

Obscure Node
    As luck would have it I'm going to see Josie Long that very day at the Soho Theatre in that very area- will drop by and be around with an extended gap.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Alas, I am having a housewarming party then.

I will attempt the next one with great trepidation.
    You must bring the housewarming party to us.

Hello everyone

I wanted to mention that I plan to get there near the start - in fact, probably slightly before the start* - to drop of an enormous box of games and marketing tat which everyone can fight over. I will find someone responsible to distribute it fairly, in whatever crazy way people think best. There's genuinely some neat games in there, and some AWESOME SHIT.

See everyone then!

KG

*I need to go to the evening Delightful Wife has been involved in running later. DETAILS HERE: http://gillen.cream.org/wordpress_html/?p=2149

Quote Originally Posted by arienette View Post
    You know how to make these things work against me. I'm out in Surrey all day but should be back in time. Ansob, as a gift I'll give your book back to you :p
    I will accept it with great honour and/or trepidation.

Going to have to pass on this evening, which is poo as it sounds like it will be a great evening. Grrrr. Anyway, I shall be sending out psychic good vibes to you all, have a cool night.

(Happy birthday Ansob!)