Denizens of the green plastic, hear me

Hello. I recently got Crysis 2. I recon it's pretty good when the UI and suit voice isn't shitting all over you. But when I play the multiplayer I experience hang ups. This does not occur in single player at all. But after running around for anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes I will get a freeze frame for ~ four seconds. After everything resumes I may well be dead or see team mates zip quickly by to catch up with where they were before. I am not sure if the game still accepts my commands while I am looking at a single frame.

Interesting point to add - Ass Creed Bruvs did the same thing. SP ran without a jerk, MP would get freeze frames.

It's worth mentioning that I have no lag issues with EVE Online, Magicka, Wow about 2 years back and Plain Sight. And I have a netgear wrt54g / Netgear FS105 Prosafe 5 Port Fast Ethernet Unmanaged Switch and a beefy connection. Seriously. It's got beef all over it.

Any suggestions super welcome, cheers :)

Well I very much doubt that it's your internet. Normally with shooters, you'll just get slight latency issues. Could it be your GPU overheating? I'm not sure why it would overheat (If that's the problem) in MP, and not SP though.