Network Hub

[AAR] [Sun] 23 Sept 2012 - Storytime

A fairly low playercount mainly due to torchlight and borderlands I would imagine meant we got through quite a few missions with a lot of great death and killage.

Tonight we played:
    Unreachable
    Finale
    Internecine
    Fuelraid
    Mailman
    Cholo
    Cholo again!

Thanks for playing guys and welcome to the new guys, you all made it much easier for a guy dying of mild death.

Unreachable

Charlie FTL- me, mort, tink, cap

After a nice jog through the woods, we started moving along the last of the foliage and began to engage contacts to our west and our east. Soon we encountered an angry shilka which effectively pinned us down on the reverse slope of the hill before the airfield. While trying to not draw the attention of the now enraged shilka we had a great view of watching many many bad dudes storm the support elements FOB. After watching the support FOB turn into Hamburger Hill we decided that charging the airport was a better alternative to sitting in our current location as the bad dudes that survived storming the support FOB began lobbing grenade fire in our general direction. Surprising the cover-free area of the airport tarmac was the safest location to be. We quickly finished off the hinds with whatever munitions he had remaining and quickly fled to the extract.

Finale

Delta FTL - me, mort, jrides, zitron

Delta was part of the flanking element and the made a mad rush for Shapur, i never knew there was music in this mission but it hit the spot perfectly. Running at breakneck speed through the riverbed it was not possible to communicate or hear anyone due to me having left my music slider at full due to playing Cholo last week. We placed ourselves at the southwestern most edge of the village and was able to take some shots at the massive infantry/tank stack of doom that hurried past us on the way to stomping the life out of Alpha, Bravo, Charlie. After playing peak-a-boo with a slightly miffed tank the mission ended with us seeing the stack of doom turn its attention back to the south and us.

Internecine

Bravo FTL - me, mort, audiox, zitron

Bravo held down the building on the western edge. Audiox was sent out as an advance scout. After waiting was seemed a lifetime, contacts were reported coming in from the NW and NE. The building and I and Zitron were in came under intense fire but thankfully our mud thatched home was grenade proof I peeked my head out a window and I thought I shot a bad dude or two but they stormed into our home and ended our blissful domestic partnership.

Slendermen on Stairs
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/11362 ... B95577345/

Fuelraid

Bravo FTL - me, thridkje, jrides, kerfirz

This mission was like a strange marriage between the savannah terrain of Farcry 2 and Fallout 3 with some deathmatch multiplayer added in. We went for a quick drive and then bravo made a quick push towards the gas station. I reported a figure on a foothill to our east but figured it was just a trick of the purple fog or radiation poisoning setting in. After lopping our grenades into the fuel station because.... why not? We found ourselves under fire and I believe we had been flanked from our north and the defenders had gotten behind us. jrides then decided to help me get my first aid merit badge by getting wounded a couple times while we where hiding behind the shell of a vodnik. Which goes to show you whether you are inside one our outside of one just being near a vodnik can kill you. After jrides was injured for the third time I said over von "hey jrides, where were you shot from?" only to answer my own question when I turned around and saw a bad dude 10 feet behind me and he retorted to my query with a quick blast from his AK.

That was all I played as I decided to go watch the Liverpool v. Man U match. I know, I'm one of those weird Americans that likes foot to ball.
    P.s. No way that was a straight red on Shelvey!

Mail man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9lz-BvM8tQ

Fuel Raid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTC65hTrhGQ

Internecine - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSkqaoOdnQs

[FONT='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Finale - [/FONT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-aMwHMtL4

Activated Node
    Unreachable - Starting as the commanders medic, started firing on some ei at the hangers and incurred the Shilka's wrath.

Finale - Part of Echo , positioned to the East of the main force in Shapur expecting flanking enemies (of which there were just two) Squad did a good job of stopping enemy advance until the tanks ground us down.

Internecine - First to die. Moved position to check out sighted enemies, Right into the view of Fer and Summoners who were well hidden.

Fuelraid - ?????????????????. Saw no-one, shot repeatedly, 100% confused.

Mailman - SOAR 3 Pilot, Littlebird. Flew Charlie in, flew them out, almost got shot down and my tail rotor survived by some sort of miracle. Bravo tried their best to kill me when I made an unannounced appearance cresting a hill to the south.

Sorry ConcreteOtter, if both your feet leave the ground making a challenge = instant red. Rules are rules!