Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar

Frozen Synapse League - Season 13

Sign-ups for Season 13 are now open!

As with last time, I'm open to suggestions about which mode we should play. If we don't achieve some sort of consensus I'll default to Symmetric Dark Extermination.

If you would like to take part please do three things:

1) Add yourself to this list. Vote for your preferred game mode while you're there. Let me know if there's any mode you'd rather not play.

2) PM your email address to me (optional, but it will be very useful if I need to give you a nudge). I will not disclose it to anyone else, except maybe WombatDeath or whoever takes over admin duties after me, but even then only with your permission. If you have previously PM'd your address to WombatDeath in an earlier season please consider sending it to me too.

3) Click here to go to the RPS forum settings and edit the 'Private Messaging' section so that you get an email and/or a popup when someone (e.g. me) sends you a PM.

Season 13 will begin on the 1st of October and will last until the 15th (or thereabouts), so please don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable during that period. Rules might be slightly different from before, depending on the mode we decide on, but all will be explained in this thread before the season kicks off.

New and old players are all welcome! No experience required, and weaponry will be provided. Sign up!
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 24-09-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Linky to http://fs.error420.com/wiki/Game_modes
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Network Hub
    I'm in
    need 10 chars
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

So, that "don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable" does count if you only expect to be so for three days? I ask mainly because I'm interested on this, but I'm always unavailable for three days every two weeks, so that'd prevent me from joining any leage.

As long as you reckon you'll have time to play your games you're very welcome to join up. You don't need to be available for the whole 2 week period, it's pretty flexible.

count me in :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Am away for a week form the 1st. Will be up for round 14 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    So, that "don't sign up if you expect to be unavailable" does count if you only expect to be so for three days? I ask mainly because I'm interested on this, but I'm always unavailable for three days every two weeks, so that'd prevent me from joining any leage.
    That should not be a problem unless one of your opponents is unavailable two weeks except for those 3 days. And in that case i'd rather blame them than you. ^^

Also i am in.

@Cooper - you can still join in during the second week

Great, I shall join you guys then.

Been away for a few seasons, but I'm up for this one!

Eager to participate in my first tourney. Will be on a business trip from 5th to 8th of Octoer though.

Activated Node
    Just signed up and am fully prepared to be annihilated. :)

A quick question. How do you split people up for the tournaments? Into divisions, I mean.

Just on the order they finished in the last round. The division size varies depending on how many people are signed up each month and what the rules are going to be, and newcomers start in the bottom division. If you're any good it won't take long to hit the big time (such as it is). It's all a bit ad-hoc, I'm afraid.

Got this during the Steam summersale and fell in love with it straight away, but the lack of online activity made it impossible to find opponents. Eventually I just gave up.

Needless to say, this was a pleasant surprise. I'm in.

It makes sense for new participants to start in the bottom division. Will try to wrestle my way up to fight the best of the best ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
    Got this during the Steam summersale and fell in love with it straight away, but the lack of online activity made it impossible to find opponents. Eventually I just gave up.

Needless to say, this was a pleasant surprise. I'm in.
    Although, having joined the game in May I've never really had any problems finding opponents (even from the world top-10) I am happy to try my skills in a tournament.

A very pleasant find indeed.

@ColOfNature When will you post the opponent list?

Network Hub
    So what are we playing this time ?

We'll be starting this evening some time, when I get a few minutes. The most votes seem to be for Dark Extermination, but I thought we could do like last time: play each opponent twice on the same map, once from each side. Although this time I think we'll just have one person issue both challenges - that seemed to be much simpler than messing around uploading maps and so on.

If anyone really doesn't like the sound of that then you'd better make your case quickly! You have until I get home and find my pipe and slippers :)

edit: I've decided to hold off until midnight UK time to see if anyone from the Steam discussion thread signs up. The more the merrier and all that!
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 01-10-2012 at 06:12 PM.