Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    If we're going dark extermination, I think it would be cool to give the tournament map a go, but I'm up for anything.
    Just gotta get it all played before XCOM arrives :D
    Find me on Steam
    By day I work making the world's best budgeting software. Check it out!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Maybe next time - we could have people submit the oddest or most interesting maps they've seen and then vote on which we should play all the games on. Just picking one at random seems a bit boring.

Go Go Season 13!

Here are the tables for Season 13. As ever, it is your responsibility to challenge everyone above you in your division (see here if you're not sure), and this time you have to issue the challenge twice, once from each end. Instructions will follow in the next post. As I'm still experimenting with the rules and we're playing 12 games each this time round I'll extend the play period to 3 weeks, and of course it'll probably extend further if you can convince me it should. I also apologise to the poor folk at the bottom of each division who are going to have to issue 12 challenges!

Game rules and league procedures

1) Each game must conform to the following settings:

Mode: Dark Extermination
    Turn limit: five turns
    Turn duration
    : five seconds per turn (i.e. 5000 milliseconds - this is the default setting)
    Visibility: vis at time zero
    Team strength: four men per player - including at least one Grenade and/or Rocket
    Mutators: at the challengers discretion
    Server: UK1

Any game that does not conform to these rules will be void and must be replayed. You may not reuse maps - a new map must be generated for each opponent. Please see the next post if you're not sure how to create a game with the correct settings, and post in this thread if you are in any doubt.

2) After creating each game on server UK1, the challenger must announce the challenge in this thread. Format: "[Player1] has challenged [Player2] in [game ID 1] and [game ID 2]". (It would help if [game ID 1] was the game where you are Player 1, but I can probably figure it out.)

Example: "ColOfNature has challenged Xune in 123456 and 123459".

3) After each game has been completed, Player 1 must report the result in this thread. Standard format: "[Victorious player] has defeated [defeated player] in game [game ID] by [P1 kills] to [P2 kills]".

Example: "Xune has defeated ColOfNature in game 123456 by 3 to 1".

In the event of a draw, the format is "[P1] and [P2] have drawn in game [game ID] with [x] kills"

Example: "ColOfNature and Xune have drawn in game 123456 with 0 kills each"

I will update the spreadsheet with the result of each game. Scores will be as normal: 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw, but tie-breakers will be on overall FS result scores.

4) Challengers may start issuing their challenges from today (Tuesday 02 October). All games must be completed by the end of Sunday 21 October.

5) We're all reasonable people, when pressed, so some flexibility will be applied. If you're going to be on holiday, or travelling to distant worlds, or otherwise restricted in your availability, please post in this thread and we will try to accommodate you as far as is reasonably practical.

6) Try to start your games in the first week and finish them early. Players leaving it to the last minute to issue a challenge or submit orders risk forfeiting the game. If any game is unfinished by the deadline I will declare both parties personae-non-grata and award your points to whoever strikes me as most deserving, by whatever criteria I consider appropriate at the time.

7) Any circumstances not catered for in these rules will be handled according to some combination of common sense, consensus, iron-fisted authoritarianism and whimsy. Mostly the latter.

Finally, a polite reminder that although PMing your email address to me is optional, it will make organisation easier so please consider doing so if you haven't already.

The divisions and rules for season 14 will be arranged some time after the close of season 13.

Also, if I've missed anything important or anything isn't clear then post below, PM me or email me either at ColOfNature or RockPaperSynapse on gmail to let me know.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 02-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.

How to issue a challenge

1) Log in to server UK1.
    2) Click the 'Online' button at the top of the screen
    3) Click 'Create a game'
    4) Click the 'Advanced setup' button
    5) Click the 'Generate Extermination' button
    6) If you get a silly map, or if you don't have four men per side with at least one explosive type, repeat the previous step until you're happy.
    7) Click 'Save level' then enter a meaningful name (I'd suggest some abbreviation of your and your opponent's name, e.g. if I was challenging RodeoClown I might enter 'Col-vs-rc') and click 'Okay'. (If you forget this step it' possible to recover the map so just ask if you have any trouble and someone will be able to help.)
    8) Click the 'Continue' button
    9) Ensure that the 'Game mode' is set to 'Extermination'
    10) Ensure that the 'Vis mode' is set to 'Vis at time zero'
    11) Ensure that the 'Turn limit' is set to 5 and the 'Turn length' to 5000, which are the defaults the default)
    12) Activate Mutators, if you like (although you'll only be able to do this if you own the Red DLC)
    13) Enter your opponent's username
    14) Enter 'RPS League' or something suitable so that your opponent knows it's for this league
    15) Click the 'Submit' button
    16) Take your first turn and note the challenge in this thread, using the format in the post directly above this one

Then, to start the mirror game, repeat steps 1 thru' 5, then:
    17) Click 'Load level' and enter the name of the map from step 7
    18) Click the 'Continue' button
    19) Change 'I play side 1' to 'I play side 2'
    20) Go to step 9 above - don't forget to make the Mutators the same, it's easy to overlook

As an aside: I actually find it easier to issue all my challenges before taking any turns; feel free to do the same, but please do take the turns as soon as all your challenges are done as it's a bit annoying to receive a challenge from someone who hasn't actually taken their first turn!
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 02-10-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Network Hub
    rodeoclown has challenged cimethink (Fumarole) in games 619761 and 619762
    rodeoclown has challenged DeVadder in games 619759 and 619760
    rodeoclown has challenged ColOfNature in games 619756 and 619757

(I just want to add that playing non-symmetrical is MUCH quicker to set up :))
    Find me on Steam

If there was a prize for "Keenest Player", you'd get it every time!

Network Hub
    Woo!
    (I think I'm just up whenever the challenges are issued, see the email, and have no qualms about playing video games during working hours :))
    Find me on Steam

Gorzan has challenged Dathknight in games 619796 and 619797
    Gorzan has challenged Bonuswavepilot in games 619795 and 619800

Also, I accidentally created a game against Dathknight on the same map I'm using against
    Bonuswavepilot (619798), is there a way to forfeit or dow e have to play it for it to dissappear?
    DAMN, I just made one against Bonuswavepilot with a different map (619799), but the one I had chosen for the leage was being displayed! how can I be so clumsy?
    Sorry guys, I hope this doesn't get confusing.

@Gorzan - haven't yet accepted your challenges, but I'll do so in a minute - I don't think the extra one will throw things off too much. Perhaps it can function as an unofficial re-match after the tournament... :)=

bonuswavepilot has challenged Dathknight in 619816 and 619817.
    Last edited by bonuswavepilot; 02-10-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: To put the game numbers in the easier order for uncle Col.

@Gorzan - you might want to make those maps again - there's only 3 players per side as it is...

I promise you I had put 4 dudes there before saving the map.
    Man, am I ever clumsy.

EDIT:
    Gorzan has challenged Bonuswavepilot in games 619840 and 619866

And I did it properly this time, I think.
    For the sake of convenience I think I'll just make an explosion on the middle of my team on every non-leage match I created by mistake.
    Last edited by Gorzan; 02-10-2012 at 01:46 PM.

@Gorzan - no need to have them count as a loss against you - just hide the games in your game list you don't want to play. It is what the devs recommend if you get a challenge you're not interested in, so I can't see it doing any harm...

I guess I should also say: don't feel that you need to have all your games on the go at once! Feel free to stagger the challenges, particularly if you have to do lots of them. It might seem a bit daunting if you have loads of games to get started, but there's no rush.

@Gorzon - might need to try one more time I'm afraid - I seem to be player 1 in both of these maps :/= I have played a turn in 619840 already, so you only need to re-create the other one...

Well, shit.

I couldn't log in with my account details, and the game didn't recognize my registered email when I tried to retrieve my password. Luckily I still had my second gift copy available. Iv'e registered a new account under the name Cancellarii.

So, just to be clear, to all of you who are expecting an invite from Compretension - you will receive it from Cancellarii instead.

ColOfNature, could you change it in the league tables aswell? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by bonuswavepilot View Post
    @Gorzon - might need to try one more time I'm afraid - I seem to be player 1 in both of these maps :/= I have played a turn in 619840 already, so you only need to re-create the other one...
    Well, one thing is for certain, after this I will triple and quadruple check everything the next time I issue a challenge.
    Edited the previous post with the right numbers, FINALLY.

Done. You should email Mode7 and explain what's happened, they may be good enough to delete your original account (assuming they can figure out the details) and get you a new gift copy. It's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Done. You should email Mode7 and explain what's happened, they may be good enough to delete your original account (assuming they can figure out the details) and get you a new gift copy. It's worth a try.
    Thanks mate. Will try that out.

Alright, here we go:

[Cancellarii] has challenged [sgt_sniper95] in [619855] and [619856]
    [Cancellarii] has challenged [Gorzan] in [619860] and [619861]
    [Cancellarii] has challenged [BigBobr99] in [619857] and [619858]
    [Cancellarii] has challenged [bonuswavepilot] in [619867] and [619868]
    [Cancellarii] has challenged [Dathknight] in [619864] and [619865]

A little shout-out to Gorzan and Bonuswavepilot; I screwed up your invites.

Gorzan, please ignore game 619859 (the first of the three) - the first map save file decided to go all-out corrupt on me, so I couldn't re-use it.

Bonuswavepilot, you got four invites from me. I
    accidentally created a map with only three characters. RPS-2 is the name of the correct challenges.

...And that would be all.
    Gentlemen, start your engines.

/Kanzler

Last edited by Kanzler; 02-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Activated Node
    trumpet has challenged cimethink in game 619941
    trumpet has challenged DeVadder in game 619942
    trumpet has challenged ColofNature in game 619944
    trumpet has challenged rodeoclown in game 619945
    trumpet has challenged parpel in game 619946
    trumpet has challenged Pirate_PL in game 619949