Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daave View Post
    I'd be much obliged if PresW (and maybe someone else) would volunteer for admin duties for the first few rounds of the cup.
    No bother.

http://challonge.com/rpscup

All hail the Supreme Champion :)

Quote Originally Posted by Daave View Post
    http://challonge.com/rpscup

All hail the Supreme Champion :)
    Of the WORLD!
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Right so I was thinking, "what if the next cup were Swiss Style rather than single elimination?" there would be more people in the later rounds so you wouldn't see the petering out that I felt as a spectator, as such you'd probably want to limit it to 32 teams for the organizer's sake.
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

This would be different to my initial idea for the cup as a strict knock-out competition, but it's a good suggestion. I'm not convinced it would make the cup better in the later stages, as there would need to be quarters, semis and a final anyway.

What it would do is increase the admin duties considerably and mean that I would need to look at TD and injury difference to see who goes through, which would be unfair on certain races and possibly lead to situations where players would collude to increase their injuries/TDs.

There are plenty of options in RPS BB for people who want the chance to fight through a season, and a Swiss-style tournament would mean either a longer tournament or less players (and no overtime). The appeal (for me) of a knock-out cup is that every failed action could cost you, and you need to plan carefully and try to get the most out of your team. Lastly, I've decided that it's not worth doing another cup unless I get 64 players, and I'm turning anyone away if I can help it :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The knock out nature of the Cup is what differentiates it from the leagues we already have. It's what gives it that lovely Cuppy goodness.