Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Is it really round 4 already? Yes it is.

Only 8 teams remain, 4 Undead, 2 Lizardmen, 1 Orc and 1 Dwarf, it's fair to say that this cup has been a bashy one. Day 4 officially ends on Wednesday 15th at 10pm, but I expect to be finished much before that.

I have progressed to the semis this very evening by beating drawlien 3-0 no less. I'll stick a match report up tomorrow, as well as a much belated account of my destruction of President Weasel.

Also, check your PMs ChainsawHands.

Chris and I are playing our undead v undead game now. Streaming shortly at:
    http://www.livestream.com/potatoedoughnut
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Abracadaver won 2-0, SS updated, live replay here. Replay file was too big for challonge, but I'll host elsewhere on request.

I'm not sure what to think of that game. I was hoping that my mummy and guard advantage (and his 6AV ghoul) would give me a big lead in the blocking game, but chris got the upper hand there with a much higher success rate despite a lower avg # of dice (I seemed to just roll push all game).

As I sort of predicted it was the ball handling which really carried the day. I had pretty awesome d6 rolls and I was able to keep better position with my slight speed advantage which let me put key players in position to screen and break away to score.

GG chris! Now low-key and chainsawhands please severely maim the winner of your match, thanks!

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Well done potatoedoughnut, you are officially the winner of the american side of the draw!

Obscure Node
    2-1 loss for the lustria fireborn because I mispositioned one skink. (Thats not to say Nulkigan didn't deserve it, that was just the clincher

Yeah, I managed to steal the ball on turn 15/16 by piling skinks onto the Saurus that was about to score. The aforementioned mispositioning allowed me sufficient assists to get a knockdown.

Good news for dumb luck: they're through to the semi-finals! Bad news for dumb luck: they're down two saurus, and one of those is permanent.

Just wanted to congratulate PD on his victory over me. I'd say the amount of luck was about even, but he played brilliantly. Good luck in the next round. Thanks for having me in the tournament, and especially thanks to the organizers.

-Chris

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    1-0 to Nuffle's Boyz against Low-Key's Morgue Room Dealers. Match report... eventually. Replay's up on Challonge and I've updated the spreadsheet.

Thanks to Low-Key for the game!

Oh, and if anyone's obsessively tracking da boyz' progress - Daaave had asked me to drop 100K worth of stuff because my opponents conceded in the first two matches, so that's why TV + cash dropped a bit before this match.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    It was a fun game but I was simply outplayed for most of the match, ChainsawHands has put together a great team and really uses them to their best, notably the +1 Strength/mighty blow blitzer who is a bloody wrecking ball and broke three of my four ghouls, steer clear!

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    It was a fun game but I was simply outplayed for most of the match, ChainsawHands has put together a great team and really uses them to their best, notably the +1 Strength/mighty blow blitzer who is a bloody wrecking ball and broke three of my four ghouls, steer clear!
    Ha joke's on him, he'll only be able to break three out of three ghouls in our semis game! Oh wait....

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Moved the cup on, we're now in the semi-finals! Well done to ChainsawHands, PD and Nullkigan, the cream has risen to the top :)

As there's only 2 games to play, I won't specify a round time limit, and good luck to everyone who made it this far, except Nullkigan, ChainsawHands and PD obviously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    something's risen to the top, anyway.
    Congratulations you guys, I can't wait for the last three matches.

Anyone want to put bets on the winner? I'm going for 'Hands, although I have personal experience of how hard Daave's well-drilled, relentless, undead team are to stop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Why, did Daave's Mummies learn to block?

/snicker

/grudge
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Being another of the Pundead's victims (although my Minions managed to avoid a career-threatening injury-fest), I think I'll figuratively put money on Daave to win. So I can say I lost to the champ, of course :D

I wonder if hitty teams will dominate in the next Cup too?
    Last edited by Screwie; 15-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    you dont understand Chainsaws blitzer, HE WILL BREAK YOUR BONES

Part of me wants to meet ChainsawHands' fearsome team in the final, but that would be getting ahead of myself, though there does seems to be a grim inevitability about his progress.

Three seeds made it to the semis though, confirming that there's no substitute for experience. I probably should try to get this streaming malarkey up and running too.

Speaking of streaming steaming malarkey, do people like/watch that? Even if people don't I'll stream/record my game(s) for posterity, but it's more exciting if people watch :)

Chainsaw's team is pretty scary. He's also up 150TV on me, which I'm pretty sure I'd rather have in skills than in inducements :) Were there any seeds in my potion of the bracket? I think I'm just the scum which rose to the top of my bracket.

Anyway, when are you available CH? I'm GMT-6 and around weekdays after ~5pm local or whenever on the weekend.

Best of luck to the Undeads!

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Personally, I've dropped into maybe three of these streamed cup matches for 2 or 3 turns apiece; I don't have the patience to sit through a whole one. I like having the option though :)

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Speaking of streaming steaming malarkey, do people like/watch that? Even if people don't I'll stream/record my game(s) for posterity, but it's more exciting if people watch :)

Chainsaw's team is pretty scary. He's also up 150TV on me, which I'm pretty sure I'd rather have in skills than in inducements :) Were there any seeds in my potion of the bracket? I think I'm just the scum which rose to the top of my bracket.

Anyway, when are you available CH? I'm GMT-6 and around weekdays after ~5pm local or whenever on the weekend.

Best of luck to the Undeads!
    Don't you have about 130K to spend though? It's not that much of a TV gap...

I'm pretty much free all day on Saturday, so maybe around 5PM my time? Are you on GMT-6 or BST-6 - for reference, I posted this at 1024 my time.