Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Don't you have about 130K to spend though? It's not that much of a TV gap...

I'm pretty much free all day on Saturday, so maybe around 5PM my time? Are you on GMT-6 or BST-6 - for reference, I posted this at 1024 my time.
    All I can spend money on is zmobies though, which I don't think will help.

I'm Central Daylight Time (currently UTC-5), which I believe is BST-6 (six hours behind you by your post time). 5pm BST Saturday (11am CDT) works for me.

We shall smash, we shall bash, there might even be some touchdowns. Either way someone will go to the finals :)
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

You've got 150k TV difference and 130k to spend, for starters I'd get a substitute, as one KO or injury will leave you outnumbered. Then you'll have 110k to spend, I'd go for 1 cheerleader/assistant coach and then a bribe or 2 babes.

The babes will mean you're less likely to have players missing due to KOs, but if it is a low scoring match (and it will be) they won't have that many chances to work their magic. A bribe gives you to freedom to foul knowing it won't end your turn or lose you a player, you should get 3 or 4 "free" fouls on average.

This will give you 80k to replace any players if you win, and I recommend trying to get a practise game in beforehand. As for the actual game, you have a strength, skill, armour and agility disadvantage, but you have some guard and regeneration, which could give you an edge. Good luck and remember, they may look like a giant unstoppable green tide of death... but... erm... you get the idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    With 130K I assume he's saving up for one of the undead's remarkably expensive rerolls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Saving up is less desirable in an elimination tournament though, since you might get booted out before you can spend it.

I've not played much with undead teams in BBLE - are Igors available as inducements?

Yeah saving for a reroll now isn't going to help me any. And I currently have 12 players to field (13th on roster is a injured (Niggling) ghoul w/ no skills (3spp))

Regarding inducements I was considering the following options:
    - Hire a merc ghoul w/ wrestle or block (150k)
    - Fire the injured ghoul and buy a replacement (70k) + 3 cheerleader/coaches (30k) + 1 babe (50k)
    - Daave's suggestion (zombie + cl/coach + 2 babes)

I always forget to use bribes, so I don't think I'd go for that. I'd like to get the ghoul back to have a little bit more speed and another person to potentially handle the ball, even if he breaks easily.

Igors are available as inducements, but depending on how the injury dice go I think 2 babes is better than an igor.

Any suggestions are welcome :) I look forward to our game CH

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Personally I don't like fouling either, but I think the babes might not help you. Maybe a ghoul merc with sure hands?

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    oh god the music

Edit: Sorry, might have seemed a little rude that. Interesting game to watch, so long as its muted. I must say I much prefer the one-sided cage drive (or, perhaps in this situation, a one-sided faux-cage with ghouls at the back ready to break out and run) to your choice of tactics though. Although I sort of see what you're trying to achieve by protecting your ghouls and keeping your options open.
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 18-06-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Sorry about the music. Regarding tactics I was trying to see which side if any went better for me before choosing one. And I think if I committed my entire team his av and str advantage would have given him the block advantage.

Anyway, final result Abracadaver 1 - 0 Nuffle's Boyz. The game was decided on a crazy 6+, 4+, 3+ dodge from a ghoul to score the only touchdown. Some lackluster dice from CH didn't let him equalize, but was a very close and tense match throughout (for me at least). GG and very well played CH.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

And Nuffle's Boyz concede their first ever touchdown, losing 1-0 to potatoedoughnut's Abracadaver. Pretty close match, but a ghoul who dodged like an elf managed to score in the first half, and da boyz couldn't quite get the ball their in the second half (suffering a few injuries en route.)

Ah well, Nuffle's will be done!

Thanks to pd for the game, it was a tense one.

Can't seem to post the replay to Challonge at the moment, but I've updated the spreadsheet.

ChainsawHands, you have betrayed my trust.

Now I have to play Undead AGAIN.

Well I'm heartbroken to say I'm out of the cup. I had a good run and got further than I expected but the dice turned on me, and the one chance I got to make it 1-1 ended with me making an unnecessary block and pushing a Saurus in a position where he could get free and blitz the ball-carrier.

Congratulations to PD and Nulk, I hope the final is exciting! Do you want to have a play-off for 3rd place CH? I could make a 4-man knockout tournament with a couple of dummy teams so we could still have overtime to decide a winner :)

You can thank me for killing Nullkigan's Kroxigor now PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Daave View Post
    You can thank me for killing Nullkigan's Kroxigor now PD!
    Thank you :)

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    OK, that's my predicted final playing each other for third, and my predicted third place playoff playing each other for the cup. I know nothing about Blood Bowl.

I find your lack of faith disturbing, Mr President (though I too expected an Orcs vs Undead final)

Potatoedoughnut, I'm away next weekend. I can do Weds/Thurs/Fri, but given the time zone difference we may have trouble scheduling the game. I *may* be able to play during the local working day, but can't guarentee anything yet. Thoughts?

I'm available after ~5pm local time (~11pm UK time) typically, but may be able to get away from work a bit earlier. Otherwise I'm available weekends whenever. If we need to delay for the following weekend that should be ok.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Can you announce the time beforehand and stream it? I think a few people would like to see the final.

Edit: You should be able to add the replay to challonge now.
    Last edited by Daave; 20-06-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    I find your lack of faith disturbing, Mr President
    To be fair, I'd definitely have put you amongst the seeds before the competition started. Chainsawhands annihilated the opposition on his way to your match though, so I really thought he was going to go all the way. Potatoedoughnut is the real dark horse though (no offence, Mr. Doughnut - after playing you last night in the challenge league, I now know from experience that you have the skills to pay the bills).

@ potatoedoughnut - nothing wrong with the music, you carry on. Seemed like a bashy second half though with some lucky dice.

Gratz to all 4 of you, it was fun taking part and it's been fun watching your progress. PiePie are looking forward to the next iteration of the cup when they will (once again) attempt to prove that Halflings are good for something other than lying down on BloodBowl pitches and hiding Pies!
    Admin for the RPS Divisions of Death
    General Spreadsheet busybody
    Chrom - Perpetuum
    When asked, he merely responded with a wry bleat followed by a swift kick to the testicles.
    - Rakysh

Daaave - I don't know, that'd be 3 undead teams in a row. That corpse smell might never come out of da boyz' uniforms! ;-) Also, I'm pretty busy for the rest of this week, so it'll be a while before I get a chance for a playoff. Maybe next week sometime?
    Last edited by ChainsawHands; 20-06-2011 at 01:51 PM.