Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    I'm left wondering why Mummra didn't put up much of a fight, or indeed any sort of fight at all. I will gladly take the prestige though...

I just keep making mistakes. I didn't notice the resolution order, you were first so there was nothing I could do. I'll have to change my strategy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Sorry chaps i didnt get the opportunity to role on the turn last night, will do it asap tonight

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Sorry chaps i didnt get the opportunity to role on the turn last night, will do it asap tonight
    I'm just eager to be in a Vendetta with everyone at the same time.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

WHY SNEEZES, I WANTED FULL SET
    *Cries into his cloth made of baby seal*

Network Hub
    oops . wrong thread
    Last edited by carnage4u; 30-10-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    WHY SNEEZES, I WANTED FULL SET
    *Cries into his cloth made of baby seal*
    Would be funny if the wheel of misfortune malfunctioned the next two turns though...

Quote Originally Posted by Rinox View Post
    Would be funny if the wheel of misfortune malfunctioned the next two turns though...
    Bleh, I'm not even sure how much impact that'd have overall. I like my complete plan better.

Network Hub
    hate the fact the not enough game expeirence appears to be my #1 enemy. I've basically thrown this game away for not understanding some core conepts. i should play a few more games against computer for late game stuff, but that is sooooooooooooooo boring.

You'll get there, just don't be afraid to ask questions.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    hate the fact the not enough game expeirence appears to be my #1 enemy. I've basically thrown this game away for not understanding some core conepts. i should play a few more games against computer for late game stuff, but that is sooooooooooooooo boring.
    To echo Helio somewhat, just hang in there. I've made at least one serious error in almost every game, and when you're playing humans they WILL punish you for them. But that feeling you get once you get it right and play everyone for a fool is priceless. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rinox View Post
    To echo Helio somewhat, just hang in there.

you can't be making more mistakes than me, so keep up. We'll get through this

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    you can't be making more mistakes than me, so keep up. We'll get through this
    If it's really terrible I welcome any and all vassals, we have a comprehensive health package and I'm completely happy to cooperate with schemes, plots and conspiracy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    New turn up and the Tyrant Damned gate is still closed, I am so broke!

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    New turn up and the Tyrant Damned gate is still closed, I am so broke!
    Hur hur, ^_^ Pay me.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage4u View Post
    i know im not in this game but thought id comment!.
    I dont think playing vs ai (computer) really helps a lot for multiplayer at all! Besides sort of getting you familiar with core concepts of the game and such. Smokes in hell is my 2nd mp game (first one is up to turn 30) and the stuff that happens and people do in mp is really so so different to anything the computer does. (admittedly i only played 2-3 ai games before jumping into multi as i found the computer opponents pretty boring).

For example. In 1 ai game the only thing i did for whole game was demand every opponent and praetor duel them. The ai opponents would keep buying praetors from the bazaar and sending them to their death vs my superbuff praetor. This continued on pretty much for whole game. Would never see that stuff in a MP game.

Im not up to the end-game as such as in my first mp game (turn 30 now) but i imagine in a multi-player game that the stuff that people do is not even remotely similar to what ai opponents do in a single player game so i'm thinking the only real teacher for mid-late game of this is actually getting your butt handed to you a few times (i think this will happen to me in my first few games).

I have asked LOTS of questions of people im playing with regarding stuff that was unclear to me, things like how vendettas and such work exactly and the importance of turn order when u get into a vendetta (it's pretty important! and i think it might hurt you in smokes game vs me in our current vendetta!).

Some other stuff i have learnt the hard way in my first multi game. For example a couple of things.

(a) If you think someone is going to demand you soon and you arent in a position to refuse try to have a bunch of tribute cards spare that only have like 1 fire or 1 ichor or such on them. That way it really doesnt hurt to just concede to the demand! It also pisses the demander off i'm sure when all he gets is 3 cards with 1 ichor each on them. In my first multiplayer game the first time i got demanded on all i had was tribute cards with 3 of each resource on them and i had to give the other guy 3 darkness cards and 1 soul card all with 3 resources on each card. So he got like 9 darkness and 3 souls from 1 demand on me which hurt a lot. I could have refused but he would have obliterated me in vendetta so i was stuck in bad place. So yeah i think keeping a bunch of crappy 1 resource cards at all times is not a bad thing to do if u can do it , which i learnt the hard way.

(b) Regarding avatar build. I think charisma 3 for pretty much any build u do is probably mandatory!. My first game i went cha3 with obscure trait but i think it was a mistake. I went obscure because on wiki i read cha3+obscure is not bad. Well personally i found it terrible. I'm in 4 other games where i didnt take obscure and the difference in my tribute demands is pretty dramatic!. The game i took obscure/cha3 i havent received 1 single manuscript in 30 turns, not one and my tribute nearly always sucks. Reason i say cha3 without obscure is not a bad choice is because EVERY game i'm in there is always something really good in the bazaar that you (and probably everyone else wants) at the start of the game. 4 out of 5 games im in the +1 order book was in the bazaar at the start of the game and if u can get something like that before other people can it can really help you get off to a great start. You probably dont have to have infernal cardinal or such but cha3 without obscure seems good because if your economy is decent it helps you develop everything else you want to do a lot easier I have found. i sort of found having cha3 really lets you do whatever it is you want easier and faster. You can still grap pops and such early and also have a decent economy.

Saying this. I'm really a newbie newbie at the game so im sure theres other ways to do stuff than what i just said but i found these things helped me so far in the games that i'm in (other than first game which is terrible).
    I pretty much just read the hell out of the wiki, read pretty much every forum thread on official forums, asked a lot of questions of people who arent newbies like me and watch and see what other experienced dudes do in the games i'm in and learn from that.

So short version of my massive post is that i dont think ai games help u that much in multiplayer and only playing multiplayer itself really gets you over the hump! oh and ask lots of questions of more experienced dudes has helped me a lot too.

I hate you all for not showing up to the challenges.
    I love you all for sending someone to fight the Tyrant of Heaven.

#conflicted

@Sneezes, the canton you gave me was delicious so I have decided to have another.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I hate you all for not showing up to the challenges.
    I love you all for sending someone to fight the Tyrant of Heaven.

#conflicted
    Well day 1 and we are one legion down already, so it's not like we're benefiting from it much yet. I pray to jeebus every day that my Adamantium Guard makes it back.

Network Hub
    Oh and can anyone explain to me how the -1 batle round ability on my PoP works exactly? I've seen it in a few games and I never really understood what it did (or how it did it). My battles still seem to last two combat rounds if they aren't decided after turn 1 so that doesn't seem to change.